Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Problems With The Update Regarding Objective Maps.

EngineTrap

The New update added a nice Zombie Unlock sistem to Objective Maps, and I gotta say it works better than I expected!

But there are still some mayor problems and things I wanna talk about

First There is still the problem with some Bosses lagging the shit out of the Map (As far as I know the ones who cause this are: Tickle and King Headcrab)

I know this one is already being fixed but I just wanted to point out that its still a problem.

There is also a Huge Problem that hasnt been noticed that is that when you replay an Obj Map the Classes dont reset thus making the map even harder because at the start of wave 2 you already have Poison Zombies and Immolators, This has happened to me Twice (On both zs_obj_dump and on zs_obj_bluevelvet)

Its really annoying and it truly makes the humans loose in a matter of seconds because we cant defend against this clases this early on.)

And last we have Zombines.

As I said earlier The New sistem works great and it unlocks zombies as time goes on, In most of the Objective Maps Zombines get unlocked at the final parts of the map which works great, This can be applied to all the maps except one.

zs_obj_vertigo.

To begin with, Zombines get unlocked not even halfway through the map (near the 3rd Checkpoint) and it truly kills the map.

8/10 Times humans dont even get a chance against Zombines on the Desk area and if by some reason we manage to reach the 4th checkpoint we will loose on the Next area because that part has always been bullshit and hard as hell.

Im not saying you should remove zombines on objective maps, But make an exception of some sorts in vertigo so that Zombines do not get unlocked at all or that at least it takes way more time to Unlock it (like 15 minutes more to avoid Zombines on the Desk area)

Im also worried about my New map which is getting tested next week when I realease v3 because I didnt made the map to handle Zombines until the final area.

Before adding anything to zs_obj_Salvation to avoid Zombine Rape I wanna see how the map goes and if it even necessary.

Thanks and I hope you consider my suggestions. :)

Maybe you should do is at the end of each OBJ map, like rescape, the zombies should get an boss at the end of obj maps instand of getting one each per obj map every ?? minutes or so.

Yeah that would kinda work, But I think to do that you need to actually put that trigger in Hammer SDK.