Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Your Starting Max Bench

ReeD

So being the lil video game nerd who cant win a fight i decide to to take weight training class at my school. So i had to learn that my max bench was 85 lb.(Laugh now wait till the end of the year) while the rest can do more than 105 lbs. So i felt like bit of shit so i wanted to know what was your staring max for bench when you started.

• 5 months later...

Everyone in this thread has to be a manlet.

Here's all you need to know

Grey skull LP until .5/1.5/2/3 then do a split

Eat more( count calories)

Sleep is just as important

you will be thankful I saved you a lot of time

Back in the day during my high-school times, my starting bench was only 135, it got to 275 during my senor year. My tips: Try benching wider that will help build up your chest and make it easier over time & do push ups every night. Set a number before you start. "Say tonight' I'll do 40 and carry on the next night.

When I was a big bad freshman I was gonna start lifting weight with my friend, so I would do the bar. Now that I am a senior and just naturally got stronger while running cross country and wrestling I would bench 90 when I would mess around in the weight room.

• 4 weeks later...

We all start somewhere. The start point doesnt matter. Just make sure you work hard when you go to the gym and you educate yourself on form. I see too many folks just go through the motions and even worse other doing shit that really makes no sense and they all wonder why they dont progress.

• Like 1

Like what Fatty Matty said. Don't compare yourself to others. Workout only to make yourself better and motivate others.

I struggled alot on bench press until I had to study my own lifts and figure out where my weaknesses are. Once you figure that out, you can continue to make progress

Edited by V!rUs

max bench was 115 freshman year. max bench now is 205 at junior year. im not the biggest person on the football team, but have top 10 highest maxes in all workouts.

TECHNIQUE IS IMPORTANT.

don't feel bad about where your at. we all started somewhere. get them gainz bruh

I think my max bench when I first started was around 90 to 95. This was like in middle school when I wasn't the strongest, but now in my senior year of highschool I can do a lot more. Being in a strength and conditioning class for the third year in a row my max for bench is like 205 lbs and I only weigh like 145 lbs to 150 lbs. Basically if you really want to put on muscle and get stronger you got to put a little fat on. Like everyone says "You gotta start somewhere" and after time you'll get stronger. Also coming from a wrestler, the worst thing you can do is not eat.

Also I forgot to mention always drink lots of water being dehydrated is never good.

Tips: lift and eat all your damn protein! lean meats and veggies
Edited by lambada

• 3 weeks later...