Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Random Boss Zombie

Eduardo

Several things to say:

1) Edit: changelogs are hidden inside bugs ;)

2) Why did HGDC think this was something that should be added if they don't understand the game? Is it ignorance or just pure idgaf?

I mean it looks like this community tries to behave like a corporate setting, the C-suite but not really following the correct protocols. I would have expected every HGDC go-through to have to listen or read the update/changes/ideas and approve them based on the information the defendant has to say. Then utilize that information using logic and critical thinking to decide on the best possible and best efficient plan possible.

3) Congrats, being a zombie somehow got even more worthless. I don't know how you can go below already worthless. Since 0.

4) Why does almost every single update in recent HG ZS history make it so much easier for poorly skilled and lesser dedicated zs players to reach previously unattainable heights within the game? Being boss for doing absolutely nothing to your team is a wack idea. And everyone complains about the lack of skill in the game.What do you expect if you make everything easier for anyone to do? There's no point in trying anymore. Always a relatively large chance that you, the team carry, won't get the boss.

If you compare the exact situation to CS:GO, it would be giving any halfway acceptable silver-ranked AWPER 100% movement speed and an accuracy buff as well as giving them Global Elite. Does this make any sense?

No. I'm very disappointed. I imagine the community is too. But it's long since becoming a routine.

Edited by TheAtrocity
  • Like 2

I completely agree with everyone who find this idea to be useless.

What made u guys think the random boss zombie was a great idea?

I'm a try hard zombie player, if I can get 6 kills and dealt 3000 human damage to not be able to be boss. Then I'm lost for words about this idea.

This idea should had been discuss first with the community. The try hard people who play zombie, cant become boss because of this random boss idea.

The people who doesn't do anything gets to be a afk boss. This idea should had been thought out more and how hard it affects the server.

Edited by Cher

Pfft, it was an idea I had and I experimented it on the server (how else would I know how it works out???).

The reasoning behind it was because I was tired of same player being the boss all 6 waves. Obviously the player who becomes a damage dealer boss, like nightmare or tickle monster, will be boss monster throughout the rest of the game, giving everyone else zero to none chance of becoming the boss. This also renders any late game joiners impossible to become the boss aswell (unless the zombie team is half bad).

But nevertheless, I changed the code to most damage dealer again. I wont be pushing out updates THAT rapidly, mostly because my real life takes priority over some free time hobby programming. So just because something is there for a week or do, doesn't mean it's there to stay forever.

Edit: As ATB stated, only someone from HGDC can push updates to live, I can only request for changes. So that makes the update process that much slower.

Edited by Marco
  • Like 3

Idea: damage resets at wave 3. So at wave 3 everyone has to compete that wave for boss again.

And yes the HGDC approval requirement is one of the worst ideas I have seen in a long time.

Maybe you can separate boss damage from total damage? Cycling the boss between a few good players every wave or 2. Still rewards good players who try without hogging it throughout the entire game.

So shade players lose out right? I mean unless it's banana mall and the usual players run out after wave 1 intermission.

I think you still have a long way to go.

Pfft, it was an idea I had and I experimented it on the server (how else would I know how it works out???).

The reasoning behind it was because I was tired of same player being the boss all 6 waves. Obviously the player who becomes a damage dealer boss, like nightmare or tickle monster, will be boss monster throughout the rest of the game, giving everyone else zero to none chance of becoming the boss. This also renders any late game joiners impossible to become the boss aswell (unless the zombie team is half bad).

But nevertheless, I changed the code to most damage dealer again. I wont be pushing out updates THAT rapidly, mostly because my real life takes priority over some free time hobby programming. So just because something is there for a week or do, doesn't mean it's there to stay forever.

Edit: As ATB stated, only someone from HGDC can push updates to live, I can only request for changes. So that makes the update process that much slower.

How else would you know it would work? Perhaps imagining the scenario a bit and understanding the impact any update on the server has? Maybe consulting with several people and getting different ideas? idk there's a lot you could have done to decrease server exasperation over this, HGDC aside.

So shade players lose out right? I mean unless it's banana mall and the usual players run out after wave 1 intermission.

I think you still have a long way to go.

I meant making it to where any damage you do as a boss would not contribute to your total damage that regular zombies do. A nightmare wouldn't get anymore of an advantage than a shade. Also the point is to cycle the boss between good players, not hog the boss for 1 player or we can just stay with our usual system if we want.

How else would you know it would work? Perhaps imagining the scenario a bit and understanding the impact any update on the server has? Maybe consulting with several people and getting different ideas? idk there's a lot you could have done to decrease server exasperation over this, HGDC aside.

True that, I'll just sit here imaging how the future will be like.

Edited by Marco

True that, I'll just sit here imaging how the future will be like.

In less than 5 minutes after reading this post and talking to the dS/dL I already have a solution that they like. This gives more "chances" to the skilled populace but does not give monopoly to us top 1%'ers.

Stay tuned for the fleshed idea.

I meant making it to where any damage you do as a boss would not contribute to your total damage that regular zombies do. A nightmare wouldn't get anymore of an advantage than a shade. Also the point is to cycle the boss between good players, not hog the boss for 1 player or we can just stay with our usual system if we want.

Alright so basically poison headcrab spams will get you boss. Nice.

If we do that, there's no incentive really to perform admirably as a zombie overall. The cycle is far too short. After a round, you lose the boss. Players wishing to extend the fun will inevitably try to live as long as possible to deny a new boss. This is because zombies in the server are ghastly boring.

The entire goal is to galvanize the population of skilless players to actually start growing brain cells and try to get the boss, if they have a real chance. Not just keeping the boss between the best 6 or 7 on the server.

• 2 months later...