Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Elemental Guns/ Gun Diversity

dnascot

So most guns are based on the 5 types of classes: pistol, assault/smg, rifle,shotgun, and implaier. Some tiers (ahem* tier 1 guns) have the the same types of guns and the difference are quite insignificant because 1 gun out trumps the other. So if we add elemental guns, it could blance the guns and also increase the diversity of guns allowed because each elemental guns has a unique use for a unique situation. examples: electical chain is good for mobs, fire could be useful for zombies that do a hit and run manuvuer, ice(make these guns weak) is good to slow zombies from reaching the cade(increase bullet cade capaity).These guns should do less damage than the other normal guns that are not elemental to prevent unbalance of guns and provide an incentive to use non elemental guns.On a side note, these guns are not neccessay, so this could be implemented into the leveling system that is being introduced. Higher lvs give gun diversity and creates a more fun gameplay.

Edited by dnascot
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So are you saying that a new variant of a gun should be added, or a new type all together? But I understand the concept that these guns would do less damage, but have "special" attributes that did stuff to the zombies. I like the idea.

Remember to read the date when this thread was originally posted mate, it's a month and a bit out w/o a reply so it could be considered necroposting.

While on this idea, elemental weaponry is something that really doesn't appeal to me since we already have a flavour of this within our ZS and it is just an extension on top of the bullet concept rather than having new mechanics (which is what I would prefer; guns having the same base concept which is the bullet but have elemental effects with said bullets)

Also balancing these weapons is a royal minefield because people having differing opinions on which should do what will just get more complex if we move into the realm of "what if we made the aeapon do x instead of y with z attribute?" Especially with weapons that don't follow the concept of bullets to achieve damage and are ranged attacks (such as an electricity shooting gun type) we'd be spending a lot of time fixing balancing issues especially if we had to prepare for the bolts of electricity moving between targets.

tl;dr - If the elemental guns follow the path of the Borderlands style of elemental weaponry, I would be in favour. Anything outside that would in my view be not feasible on a large scale

• Like 1