Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Stationary Healing Device -Revised-

NewPueblo

OUTDATED INFORMATION

This server needs more than one way to heal humans, mechanic wise. Especially on objective maps, where pretty much everyone is asking for healing, and where most don't get it. My idea is that there should be another station that you can buy from the arsenal, and set it down on the ground just like a resupply crate. This "device" would heal humans about 10 health per use, and similar to the resupply crate, it would give individual players using it a cool down. Every time this stationary device is used, the owner of the medical station gets one point, like your already existent resupply crate. Now, here are my takes on the stats this new item:

• Cost: I really can't pinpoint a price down, as I'm not able to do any testing of this concept of my own. I do, however, think that it should be more expensive than the resupply crate, as although you would have to wait to be healed, the power this would have once being placed at certain safe points on objective maps would be momentous.
  • Healing power: I think it probably should be infinite, as it's worth would go down if you had to "fuel" it up with medical power.
  • Healing strength: As I stated before, it would be around 10 healing per use. It's not about whose using it, it's about how many
  • people are using it. On a server with dozens of people one use per person would amount to hundreds of healing points.
  • Size, durability, model, etc.: It doesn't have to be anything fancy, in fact, the model could even be the already existent healing station placed on the walls throughout certain maps, and in Half-Life 2. The durability should probably be stronger than the resupply and the arsenal, as it would be an important thing to keep active.

If you have any further suggestions for this topic, make sure to post. Also I would appreciate constructive criticism and thoughts on this concept.

OUTDATED INFORMATION

From the criticism I received I decided to look further into this concept, and now, I have a revised version of the first iteration. I found that there are two primary ways to integrate this mechanic into the server, and they are listed as below.

The Expensive Way

A stationary healing device that can be placed down like the arsenal and the resupply. Similarly to the resupply it can be interacted with, but instead of ammo you get health. This device would need to be filled up with medical power, and can be filled up by any human on the server. The medical power deposited into the machine would be ordered, so if you were the first one to put power into it, your power would get used first, and you would get points for it. Regardless of who's healing power is being used, the owner of the device would get a point(s) every time the machine is used.

• Cost: It's not the expensive way if it isn't expensive. My idea for this would be that there would be one of these available, just like the Halo energy sword, and also, it would be very expensive. Why? Because it would be of great use to the humans, and therefore it should be worth more. Also, having only one of these available would help to unite the humans to push for a single and more powerful cade, as on some maps, scattered humans result in an instant loss.
  • Healing Strength: This should probably stay the same for already existent healing, so around 20 health per use.
  • Healing Power: This should of course be infinite. As long as the device is filled it will heal upon interaction.
  • Size, durability, model, etc.: It doesn't have to be anything fancy, in fact, the model could even be the already existent healing station placed on the walls throughout certain maps, and in Half-Life 2. The durability should probably be stronger than the resupply and the arsenal, as it would be an important thing to keep active.
  • Dependencies: This stationary device can be bought on any traditional map.

The Objective Way

A stationary healing device that can be placed down like the arsenal and the resupply. Similarly to the resupply it can be interacted with, but instead of ammo you get health. This device would need to be filled up with medical power, and can be filled up by any human on the server. The medical power deposited into the machine would be ordered, so if you were the first one to put power into it, your power would get used first, and you would get points for it. Regardless of who's healing power is being used, the owner of the device would get a point(s) every time the machine is used.

• Cost: More expensive than the resupply crate, but still at a considerable price.
  • Healing Strength: This should probably stay the same for already existent healing, so around 20 health per use.
  • Healing Power: This should of course be infinite. As long as the device is filled it will heal upon interaction.
  • Dependencies: This stationary device can only be bought and used on objective maps. This item would behave just like other items that can only be purchased on objective maps, as they wont show up on a traditional survival game mode. Why? Because a lot of people die on objective maps because they aren't healed. It doesn't make them bad players, as a single dose of poison can take them out regardless of their accuracy and precision.

Which method of integration do you prefer? I'm teetering towards having this as an objective based station, as it fulfills more solutions to already existent problems.

Edited by NewPueblo
  • Like 3

While the idea is potentially interesting, please notice health is a very strong asset for human that should really cost more. (e.g. facerolling a nightmare; pushing out etc.)

I am not opposing neat ideas like this one, but free zero price hp handout is probably too strong. Make humans fill it up or something is perhaps more balanced.

On the another hand, there are often idiots people picking up med power without the medkit refusing to give them out while the team is dying; this can be a good way to suck them back out too.

It's just like when you pick up smg ammo without a smg, you fill the ammo to a turrent and benefit yourself + the owner.

I actually think having to fill it up would probably be better, just like you stated. While some may have medical power they may not have an actual medical kit, which to my knowledge is only obtainable through the worth menu. So only those who purchased a medkit will have one, allowing no further opportunity for healing through anyone else. If you had a healing station to put health into, that would probably be more fair.

While the idea is potentially interesting, please notice health is a very strong asset for human that should really cost more. (e.g. facerolling a nightmare; pushing out etc.)

I am not opposing neat ideas like this one, but free zero price hp handout is probably too strong. Make humans fill it up or something is perhaps more balanced.

On the another hand, there are often idiots people picking up med power without the medkit refusing to give them out while the team is dying; this can be a good way to suck them back out too.

It's just like when you pick up smg ammo without a smg, you fill the ammo to a turrent and benefit yourself + the owner.

This is me, i pick up a medkit then hold that shit and let the humans die.

• Like 1

Aren't there already health station scatter around some maps

hecking no

i think theres only a few maps with a healing station, if we were to add this the amount of points needed just to refill a cabinet full of green shrek piss is probably worth more than the station itself but profits depend on how much damage a human takes and server/human population. I think this might replace the traditional medic with their own way of healing people (they wont heal anyone lol) i mean this idea is great and all but point price , human population, cost , usage and a few things i can list. Obj maps with this will probably just replace every HARDCORE CUCK MEDIC THERE IS, a few new loadouts will probably come out with this (if needed worth for this).

It sounds like a great idea to me. But yes, there is some downfalls, it could be a pain in the ass for zombies to deal with. Like what Futo said, it could be a nuisance. But I think it could work, as long as you found the correct balance, so that it was not overpowering.