Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hunter's Rifle Needs Balancing

NewPueblo

This gun is way too inaccurate and glitches out way too many times to cost as much as it does. Right now it's not worth buying, as you wont make sufficient profit or any profit at all. Most of the times when I use this gun half the headshots I score don't count as headshots, despite the in-game "hit" effect telling me otherwise. Also, because it's already hard enough to hit anything with lag, this sniper rifle shouldn't have the chance to miss.

If you are good with your aim,the Hunter Rifle is your best choice you can get at wave 2. It's the only weapon that deals more damage than any other Weapon that's purchasable in the Crate (in that wave obviously). If you're not good with headshots or are too impatient with the reloading time,just wait for the 3 wave and buy the G3 (forgot the name of the Sniper) with 10 bullet per Magazine and a way higher damage output than the Hunting Rifle. Even i lag,and still make a little bit of Profit during wave 2-4,after that i just buy a new gun.

I really don't think we need to "buff" a Wave 2 weapon,it's already quite balanced and it is in fact a sniper rifle,and not a "I'm gonna annoy zombies and run around with my boomstick" weapon.

Edited by KitBallard
  • Like 1

The Hunter rifle is supposed to be a low tier sniper, however if you play your cards well and you actually aim you can end up with more than 150+ profit, like watch said if you dont like it just wait until wave 3 or wave 4 and buy a better one, the t3 sniper (forgot the name too) is really accurate and only has about 30 more points in cost and the Tiny Slug rifle is just beautiful.

Compared to the worth menu sniper (I cant even remember the name, its too useless and worthless for me to remember, the shit at best does 50 dmg) the hunter is like a pro AWP sniper that can instakill zombies if you do a headshot.

The Hunter rifle is supposed to be a low tier sniper, however if you play your cards well and you actually aim you can end up with more than 150+ profit, like watch said if you dont like it just wait until wave 3 or wave 4 and buy a better one, the t3 sniper (forgot the name too) is really accurate and only has about 30 more points in cost and the Tiny Slug rifle is just beautiful.

Compared to the worth menu sniper (I cant even remember the name, its too useless and worthless for me to remember, the shit at best does 50 dmg) the hunter is like a pro AWP sniper that can instakill zombies if you do a headshot.

Again, let me state my primary point. Suggested to me in this topic has been, "A" don't use the weapon, or "B" "get good with it". Now, here is my response. 'A', if I am not obliged to use a certain weapon in any given situation on this server then why should it exist? I mean, it's there for me to use. Right? 'B', this weapon glitches out, quite a lot actually. I don't know what your experience is while playing on this server, but it must be godly compared to mine, because every time I join this server I hear complaints about lag, and while I don't complain it still does affect me. Combined with the fact that this weapon glitches out on a laggy server should be a conceivable point.

Again, let me state my primary point. Suggested to me in this topic has been, "A" don't use the weapon, or "B" "get good with it". Now, here is my response. 'A', if I am not obliged to use a certain weapon in any given situation on this server then why should it exist? I mean, it's there for me to use. Right? 'B', this weapon glitches out, quite a lot actually. I don't know what your experience is while playing on this server, but it must be godly compared to mine, because every time I join this server I hear complaints about lag, and while I don't complain it still does affect me. Combined with the fact that this weapon glitches out on a laggy server should be a conceivable point.

Weapons glitching out are a gmod error so unless you have contact with garry himself we cant do anything about it and the lag is a source engine thing because source wasnt designed to handle 90 players on a small ass unoptimized map (which is like 50% of the maps) + shitloads of particles and decals spawning and despawning everytime you shoot. Secondly, literally most of the weapons are second options, you dont need them to survive, servers like nox have perfectly proved you can survive with low tier guns below t4 so "why have them?" because why not? Its to have fun on the server, have a reason to waste points on something, belive it or not most if not all of the weapons can be extremely powerful if you know how to properly use them, back in the day when the XM was nerfed and the reload was slow as shit I was one of the few people to use it and I still profited with it, why? Because I practiced and practiced and most importantly, just did it to have fun.

Unless a weapon is unusually bad/good because of an actual zs glitch caused by an update or some new feature that broke it there shouldn't be any reason to buff or Nerf weapons, let alone remove them.

• Like 1

Weapons glitching out are a gmod error so unless you have contact with garry himself we cant do anything about it and the lag is a source engine thing because source wasnt designed to handle 90 players on a small ass unoptimized map (which is like 50% of the maps) + shitloads of particles and decals spawning and despawning everytime you shoot. Secondly, literally most of the weapons are second options, you dont need them to survive, servers like nox have perfectly proved you can survive with low tier guns below t4 so "why have them?" because why not? Its to have fun on the server, have a reason to waste points on something, belive it or not most if not all of the weapons can be extremely powerful if you know how to properly use them, back in the day when the XM was nerfed and the reload was slow as shit I was one of the few people to use it and I still profited with it, why? Because I practiced and practiced and most importantly, just did it to have fun.

Unless a weapon is unusually bad/good because of an actual zs glitch caused by an update or some new feature that broke it there shouldn't be any reason to buff or Nerf weapons, let alone remove them.

Ah, it's not a big deal. I know Gmod is responsible for most of the lag contributed to online servers. When I was talking about the rifle being of use, I meant being able to get a sufficient profit out of the weapon itself, not necessarily being able to survive with it.

Edited by NewPueblo

Ah, it doesn't matter much anyways. I know that the lag contributed is mostly due to Gmod itself. When I was talking about r

Ah, it's not a big deal. I know Gmod is responsible for most of the lag contributed to online servers. When I was talking about the rifle being of use, I meant being able to get a sufficient profit out of the weapon itself, not necessarily being able to survive with it.

I get what you mean now, anyways, you can make profit with it, you just need to be very good with it. Another thing you can do is try to find sniper ammo from someone who died and use it instead of buying ammo, you should profit by shooting zombies randomly.