Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need Help With Gpu Choice

Comic King

I got a brand new build this June for about 400$ and the specs are:

Intel i5-4460 3.2GHz 6MB cache

8GB DDR3 RAM

Asus H81M-R motherboard

1TB SATA III HDD

ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB OC Edition

500W PSU, not sure of the brand, will open up the case to have a look soon

The PC as it is is quite fast, although the GPU is getting a bit old for the new games. 2 gigs isn't really a standard anymore and the clock speed is too low.

I was considering buying either a GTX 1060, AMD RX 470 or the GTX 970. Has anyone in HG had any experience with either of these 3 GPUs? If so, how have they aided you in gaming and such? Where did you buy it (pre-owned, used or brand new from a retailer)?

My budget isn't really that much of an importance here.

Also, I was thinking of buying over eBay, since the prices there are a lot lower when buying pre-owned or used cards. Has anyone bought any GPUs like this and if so, how were your experiences?

Anyways, thanks for your time to answer and help me a little bit.

Edited by Comic King

I was thinking of the RX 480, but I wasn't sure since the power consumption is quite high. The 470 is a bit better in that aspect. The 1060 is great, also smaller and more power efficient and less power hungry... However it is more expensive too... Thanks for the tip though :)