Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Objective Event Horizon

event_horizon_poster_02_by_enginetrap-dap7v4x.jpg

Back in April I released my biggest obj map so far (Zs_Obj_Salvation) and although it received some success now that Im way more experienced in mapping I admit that the map kinda looks like shit, so in order to give the map the justice it deserved after a long while of mapping and loads of free time I finally managed to make a reality what I originally imagined back in the day:

I present you: ZS_OBJ_EVENT_HORIZON

The Map was build from the ground up and although the map takes places in a tower I made sure the map was as detailed as possible with almost all rooms having detail and a unique feel to it, it takes place on a crumbling ultra luxe tower in the middle of the zombie apocalypse, you've been stranded there with a group of survivors and its your job to safely reach the ground to be rescued, it wont be easy however as the rising zombie forces will constantly try to stop you.

Even tho its possible to cade in the map, the low health props that make up the tower wont be useful for a long lasting defense forcing humans to use all those thousands of points to a good use in order to survive, zombies have the opportunity to become bosses by reaching purple lights to provide extra defense apart from secondary objectives zombies can do to gain extra advantage or remove a possible threat (for example zombies can destroy multiple machine guns placed in parts of the map to remove obstacles or destroy walls to gain more entrances to the room the humans are in)

Just as its predecessor, Event Horizon is long (38-41 minutes aprox) but not nearly as long as the ridiculous 1 hour and a half Salvation used to take.

Its Also divided in 4 areas, Top floor, First Checkpoint, Second Checkpoint and Third Checkpoint (Ground Level), all the areas are aprox 7-15 minutes.

This Map is HG only.

The Map is on da server right now, thx ATB.

Credits:

Map by NightShade (Salazzle)

Custom textures and Models by yours truly

Testing: Azona,Dank Narre,riiseabove, ATB, Cain and Harle.

Soundtrack:

[spoiler=Soundtrack]I decided to go for a more Rock Ambience with this map and what

better ambience than the Post-Rock Band God is an Astronaut?

Top Floor:

------------------------

God is an Astronaut- Paradise Remains

God is an Astronaut- Helios Erebus

God is an Astronaut- Suicide by Star

First Checkpoint:

-------------------------------

God is an Astronaut- Twilight

God is an Astronaut- Shores of Orion

Second Checkpoint:

-----------------------------

God is an Astronaut- Worlds in Collision

God is an Astronaut- Transmissions

Third Checkpoint:

----------------------------

God is an Astroanut- Strange Steps

NightShade- Horizon Tower Lobby (custom song for the map)

God is an Astronaut- Agneya

Pictures:

[spoiler=Pictures of da map'']

The Human Spawn

0AAbtnE.jpg

rBWF3eq.jpg

WR8MGXx.jpg

LoNLRSM.jpg

ly0NPv6.jpg

mXInR90.jpg

1xgpy5W.jpg

OUplyLf.jpg

gJuj0HY.jpg

RtZUBHd.jpg

y1KS9Vz.jpg

Here's a pic showing the skyline from the Ground Level at the end of the map:

czEgLql.jpg

Download:

Mediafire: here

Notes:

This Map took me ages to make and I would really appreciate that if you like it you leave a like on the post thanks :).

Apparently there's a movie called Event Horizon but this map isnt based on that, I just chose the name because it sounded cool kek.

I made a lot of posters and stuff for the players who helped me in the creating of the map apart from funny references and stuff

I also decided to experiment a lot with physics in this map to create realistic explosions and collapses since I haven't seen really many objective maps which play with the physics (Dont worry, I tested it multiple times, there shouldnt be any broken gmod physics since all of the explosions are timed events lol)

The 3D Skybox took me ages to make.

I didnt throw to the trash the original soundtrack I made for Salvation, I still have plans to use it on another bigger project im working on.

There's about like 20 zombies spawns of which more than 10 have multiple options for the zombies to teleport to so expect a lot of variety in gameplay.

The Music is really loud so it can be heard with 80 humans shooting their boomsticks so beware headphone users who want to test this in solo. lol

Its based on the VYVE Apartment Tower in Mexico City if u wonder, lol.

The Final area was kinda rushed and although everything works as its intended too I wasnt so happy with how the lobby ended up looking so I'll make sure to remodel it and make it look way better when v2 comes out.

I think that I missed erasing an area portal texture that was visible somewhere at the start of the second checkpoint but apart from that the map shouldn't have any other issues. It should be fixed when v2 comes out.

---------------------------------------------------

Please tell me in the topic if you find any exploits or bugs so I can fix them as soon as I can thanks :)

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 11

So I looked at the whole the map I not tried to understand the map (where is spawn zombie, where cade, wrost part) I just advanced and i found something who can really fucked us, check the spoile. Otherwise good initiative to make a new gameplay, waiting for play it .

[spoiler=tkt mon gars]

These props should be unbreakable by human if someone jihad it or break it we are fucked (some props for cade from all the map should be unbreakable too)

mini_289773357.png

• Like 1

So I looked at the whole the map I not tried to understand the map (where is spawn zombie, where cade, wrost part) I just advanced and i found something who can really fucked us, check the spoile. Otherwise good initiative to make a new gameplay, waiting for play it .

[spoiler=tkt mon gars]

These props should be unbreakable by human if someone jihad it or break it we are fucked (some props for cade from all the map should be unbreakable too)

mini_289773357.png

I will, I recently found out a way to make the crates only damageable by the trash compactor so I'll try to implement it as soon as possible, thanks for the feedback :)

• 2 weeks later...

V2 IS OUT

This is the list of all the important changes:

+Added extra spawns at the beginning so that zombies have more chance.

*Fixed Ladder in the crane part by moving it to the other side, now it should be easy to go down the crane.

*Changed text of the Crane from "Get on the cargo crate" to "Get IN the cargo crate"

*Fixed missing areaportal before the second elevator ride

*Fixed some stuff with the lift before the second checkpoint

+Props in the trash compactor can no longer be destroyed by humans.

+Made all the prop_dynamic entities to fade in order to optimize outside areas

+Elevator now falls 20 seconds after the doors open (you now have plenty of time to go)

*Fixed some minor stuff with details

*Fixed random nodraw texture in the lobby

+Completely remade the lobby at the end

Here's the comparison

+First checkpoint will set on fire after the door opens dealing damage to humans only in order to avoid spawncamp and possible crash.

Download: here

Please tell me if you find any exploits, bugs or glitches so I fix them as soon as I can, thanks for the feedback. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

V3 Is out!!

Download here

This one is a big update for the map and to my knowledge it fixes pretty much everything people complained about.

+Added clips to the crane to help humans not fall

+Changed map titlecard to include more names, change the name to the current name and remove the name of who who shall not be named.

*Fixed Props Disappearing when you looked down

*More optimization

*Fixed Forceclass trigger

+Added 30 extra seconds to the Trash Compactor skycade thingy

*Zombies cannot access the vent to the trash compactor anymore

*Fixed animations when you place the battery after the trash compactor

*Added extra time in some parts

+Added trigger hurt to the top floor to prevent last human redeem delayers

+Added 6 extra spawns

+Added +15 minutes of gameplay after the last checkpoint

+Added 2 new songs

*Fixed all know issues of possible crashes

*Added extra detail to some parts

*Added extra hp to some wood boards at many parts

*Zombies arrive at the office 6 seconds later than usual when the second checkpoint ends

*Fixed Ryze's name

*Fixed Light_Enviroment, now it has the lighting it was supposed to have.

---------------------------------------

For some reason lighting got a bit fucked up at some areas (the lobby and the second store area to be precies) But its just visual and you can only notice it if you're looking for it so there's nothing to worry about. lol.

Welp hope you enjoy this update , It took me a long ass while to make the new areas the end. xd

• Like 4

V3 Is out!!

This one is a big update for the map and to my knowledge it fixes pretty much everything people complained about.

*Fixed Ryze's name

This update right here has to be the best one yet! :P On another note, these are all great updates and testing it was fun :)

The map is lit

Agreed!!

• 2 months later...

V4 Is now Out!

This is pretty much a mayor optimization and gameplay update. I updated graphically a lot of areas so they look nicer. This update makes some areas of the map easier to allow the humans to get further into the map. :3

+Added Trigger push in the elevator shaft so the humans literally cant jump down into the fire.

*Pushed the Ladder in the elevator shaft a bit further into the wall to make it easier to go down.

+Extended the wood boards to make harder falling in the elevator shaft

+Added lots of extra areaportals to optimize the map even more.

+Extra props in some places

+Added Extra Store in the second store line (Cain Industries)

+Added free gluon inside Cain Industries

+Added lots of wood boards to give humans a bit of time to build a cade in some of the harder areas.

+Added a new ending involving bob :P

-Removed 1 Pukepus Spawn

*Moved Wild Palkia's store into the first store line

And more stuff you guys wont even notice. lel

Download

I hope that with this update we can get further into the map and maybe possibly win!

• Like 3