Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zombie Traits

Snowyamur

Perhaps this has been mentioned a few times already and I haven't seen them posted. That, or people have already considered this and it failed. I'll try to bring it up again.

Zombie Survival is a gamemode for Garry's Mod designed to be, as the title states, surviving a zombie apocalypse. As with any server that runs this mod, players are randomly selected to be zombies based on their proximity to the zombie spawn.

As a person who volunteers to be a zombie sometimes (and has the tendency to be caught out in the spawn because I'm a dumb donkey), I noticed that player zombies are either leaving or going AFK, and this is becoming more commonplace. Zombie players are still human players behind a screen, and it is likely many people don't want to be a zombie because they don't have fun (or in HG's case, don't make points). ZS is still technically a videogame in essence because of Garry's Mod, and although the ability to get points as a zombie was implemented a while ago, people still continue to AFK or leave.

What do I suggest?

As the title of this topic states, I suggest the implementation of Zombie Traits. Human players have their own traits, so why not the zombies? Of course, these traits cannot make the zombies wholly overpowered, but rather provide more interesting gameplay, and at the very least, motivation to play a zombie.

Limitations:

-Limited to 100 points only.

-Cannot include enhanced ways of taking down barricades or increased damage against barricades thereof; Zombie types are designed for that.

-Cannot increase damage against Humans; stupid OP.

-Cannot provide AoE auras that can damage the Humans.

-Must not be capable of preventing healing by the Humans' devices.

-Cannot be limited to only one normal (Wave-unlocked) Zombie type; must be accessible to all.

-Must not (NEVER) be able to be applied to Zombie bosses; that would make Zombies overpowered. Auras are included; they cannot be stacked with Zombie bosses.

-Cannot provide immunities of any kind, not like the Shade where it is immune to projectiles and explosions.

-Cannot increase attack capabilities.

-Enhancements must be minimal. In other words, the traits cannot be something ridiculously huge that can be significantly game-changing, like +1000 health for a zombie for example.

-Cannot boost amount of points earned for damaging barricades or killing Humans.

-Only 2 Auras permitted per Zombie player.

Allowed:

-Can include auras that provide damage resistance, increased health, health regeneration, etc. (you name it) that apply to other Zombies, not you. If you want to be a team-player Zombie, get an aura trait.

-Can include buffs to self-potential (increased health, possible zombie armor, etc.).

-Can stack (limit to 3 stacks per Zombie player).

-Can increase movement speed in water (for maps where water is primary).

Trait Examples:

-Harvested Carapace: +10 health.

Cost: 20

-Blood Healing: +2 health regeneration per second.

Cost: 30

-Among the Dead [Aura]: 10% damage resistance to all zombies around the player within a certain vicinity.

Cost: 30

I'm not saying this should be implemented, but this is a recurring idea.

• Like 1

Well Zombies already get motivated since they get points by simply attacking Humans/Barricades. the Harvested Carapace and the Among the Dead trait are quite useless in my opinion. You already get 30-40% less damage if you're in a horde attacking a Cade,and the plus 10hp won't help you survive either.

Otherwise than that,the Blood Healing trait seems actually pretty good but i doubt this will be implemented.

Little stuff like that 2 hp per sec regeneration thing or the healing aura would be nice in my opinion, I dont know about the hp since most zombies have +100 extra hp thanks to t5 weapons and lots of people, etc.

I would do simple stuff like:

*Trait that makes the distance of poison attacks longer.

*Trait that makes poison attacks make you blind for longer.

*Trait that makes you attack 10% faster etc.

Simple stuff that isnt overpowered but can help make zombie gameplay a lot more enjoyable.

• Like 1

I've heard a leveling system is being implemented into the game, perhaps zombies could gain traits/abilities by leveling up once this new system is released.

If you guys want an example of a Zombie leveling system, check out DeathLegends. They have a system that makes playing Zombie fun because you are motivated to level up.

I hope Zombie leveling does get implemented.

Little stuff like that 2 hp per sec regeneration thing or the healing aura would be nice in my opinion, I dont know about the hp since most zombies have +100 extra hp thanks to t5 weapons and lots of people, etc.

I would do simple stuff like:

*Trait that makes the distance of poison attacks longer.

*Trait that makes poison attacks make you blind for longer.

*Trait that makes you attack 10% faster etc.

Simple stuff that isnt overpowered but can help make zombie gameplay a lot more enjoyable.

That can work, although faster attack speed would make normal Zombies Fast Zombies, and that would be a repeat.

Well Zombies already get motivated since they get points by simply attacking Humans/Barricades. the Harvested Carapace and the Among the Dead trait are quite useless in my opinion. You already get 30-40% less damage if you're in a horde attacking a Cade,and the plus 10hp won't help you survive either.

Otherwise than that,the Blood Healing trait seems actually pretty good but i doubt this will be implemented.

Well, as I have stated, these three are examples. I will not look into further development until others agree that this can work.

Edited by Snowyamur