Quantcast

• Create Account
195 players in 39 servers, 284 users online, 29 recent bans.

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      28 Mar
    Sam Antics

On my way to the Dmv, If I die give all my things to all the mods with narcisisitic personality disorder.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Featured Partners

What Did That Last Announcement Mean?

11 replies to this topic

The Empathetic Peacemaker

The Bald Man

• 1,178 posts

Our last announcement raised a few questions from people. How does this change our community? What's a shortened version of that? Can't people use this to manipulate the system and falsely accuse people of harassment?

The truth is, this rule has been in place for a few months now. I wrote it during a director+ meeting, then placed it into the guidelines without much publicity. It doesn't change the rules of our community much, but it does put into words rules we enforce already implicitly.

Let me sum it up briefly: These rules are intended to target bullies and douchebags.

If you swear and are an asshole to your friends, then it's okay so long as they know you're just joking around. If you're being an asshole to someone who considers it aggressive and uncalled for, and make it clear they're not interested in being targeted for such harassment, then it becomes an issue, especially if it becomes repetitive. Then it crosses the line of dicking around and starts to go into the area of being a cunt.

http://www.criminald.../Harassment.htm

Our rule protects your rights similarly to how state laws  protect you from being discriminated against, so by signing up for the community, most of the responsibilities you agree to undertake are already protected by US law. Each state defines harassment using different language, but the same message underlies most of them. What we've added to the list unravel a set of personal characteristics unique to our community:

"Harassment based upon an individual's standing within the community, including their community rank (Friend of HG, recruit, etc.), their management rank (staff, division leader, etc.), or their social standing will not be tolerated."

If a person gets a ban or an abuse report, that's no excuse to harass them or shit talk them. If a person's a recruit, don't treat them like shit just because they haven't been in the community for long. It's obvious stuff. We aren't a fucking high school with all of its petty drama, we're here to enjoy gaming for its own sake.

This announcement was late to the party and should've been made when the guideline was first published and enforced, but idk hindsight is 20-20. Regardless, it's been around for a while already, so business as usual shouldn't change.

If you have any questions, go ahead and reply to this or PM me. I'll put any questions you have above this paragraph and answer them too, so everyone can see how management views things.

Thanks everyone :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

SupaNipplez, on June 13 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

My gender holds no boundaries

View PostDuphin, on January 4 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

I kept getting RDMed by some random in the TTT server so i walked outside in the rain to get my new debit card out of the mailbox called to get it activated bought gold and slayed that kid. Somehow they let my abusing ass become Mod.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Jglake

Jglake

HGCE Staff (Community Events)

• 187 posts

Nice explanation! Thanks for the new information I am sure it will help others as well as myself!

Contact me here.

Posted Image

JarJarBinks

JarJarBinks

Banned

• 352 posts
  • LocationOtoh Gunga, Naboo

View PostThe Empathetic Peacemaker, on January 11 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

If you're being an asshole to someone who considers it aggressive and uncalled for, and make it clear they're not interested in being targeted for such harassment, then it becomes an issue, especially if it becomes repetitive. Then it crosses the line of dicking around and starts to go into the area of being a cunt.

Unfortunately 99% of the time when someone starts crossing that line the party who feels like they are being harassed never states as much. Sometimes they imply that they dislike it, but they do so in such a subtle manner its impossible to detect or comprehend.

Things then escalate and the harassed individual brings it to people of higher positions and the person doing the harassment has no idea what they were doing was wrong, because banter does get out of hand, and no one bothers to point it out.

Or even worse the harassed individual can begin to play along with the rudeness thrown at that, making it even harder for the person being rude to know they are being that.

Edited by JarJarBinks, January 11 2017 - 02:48 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sam Antics

Sam Antics

HG Member

• 33 posts
  • LocationUnited State

Seems like a great step in the right direction.
Posted Image

Burnt

Burnt

HG Veteran

• 1,845 posts
  • LocationLmao

Damn I have to be friendly to OfficerMayYouWisperLater

Lets see who gets this joke lmao

Edited by !shark, January 11 2017 - 02:46 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks to Icon for the amazing signature!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

View Postmegan, on January 29 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

To be honest go ask everyone on jb who plays constantly erryone loves me i've never heard of no weeman and i never see any councils but burnt

Bunbun said:

Everyone always asks me for stuff, but when I ask for nudes everyones like "noooooo im only 13"

Sam Antics

Sam Antics

HG Member

• 33 posts
  • LocationUnited State

View PostJarJarBinks, on January 11 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Unfortunately 99% of the time when someone starts crossing that line the party who feels like they are being harassed never states as much. Sometimes they imply that they dislike it, but they do so in such a subtle manner its impossible to detect or comprehend.

Things then escalate and the harassed individual brings it to people of higher positions and the person doing the harassment has no idea what they were doing was wrong, because banter does get out of hand, and no one bothers to point it out.

I think an important thing to note is that people might feel like it's more appropriate or safer to ask  someone to stop now. If they choose to not be direct then that should be their problem right?  I understand what you are saying and I generally agree, but I think you should have more faith.

Edited by Sam Antics, January 11 2017 - 02:47 PM.

Posted Image

Teemo

Teemo

HG Recruit

• 367 posts
  • LocationSniffing a hotdog
That's really cool. I have a question regarding this. When a new/older player logs on to our servers, and say the n word not in a playful manner, could there be harsher punishments?
warn>kick>ban is still in effect, but if a ban is required culd it be extended to a longer period of time?

n word harassingly btw, song or voice or text, all same.

Edited by Tyrion quadister, January 11 2017 - 02:58 PM.

:

The Bald Man

• 1,178 posts

View PostJarJarBinks, on January 11 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

Or even worse the harassed individual can begin to play along with the rudeness thrown at that, making it even harder for the person being rude to know they are being that.

Let me word the original statement differently, because harassment by definition is aggressive and unwelcome.

If the person is reasonably noticeably upset with the statements being made, and if these statements are being made in an outwardly offensive and intentionally pushy way, then it's not cool. If someone doesn't know they're being rude, they deserve to be subject to our admins as they follow the procedure of punishment for that attitude, beginning with a warning.

Everything else is a consequence of misunderstandings.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I kept getting RDMed by some random in the TTT server so i walked outside in the rain to get my new debit card out of the mailbox called to get it activated bought gold and slayed that kid. Somehow they let my abusing ass become Mod.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

The Bald Man

• 1,178 posts

View PostTyrion quadister, on January 11 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

That's really cool. I have a question regarding this. When a new/older player logs on to our servers, and say the n word not in a playful manner, could there be harsher punishments?
warn>kick>ban is still in effect, but if a ban is required culd it be extended to a longer period of time?
n word harassingly btw, song or voice or text, all same.

People usually immediately gag/mute them in this situation, which is enough for a first time offense. It depends on the person's history, not necessarily on his position in the community.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

SpawnMatrix

SpawnMatrix

HG Recruit

• 1,547 posts

welp im a bully so time to be a good guy for now on :^)
Posted Image

Suicide said:

Your next abuse report will result in you having a private sit down session, locked in a room with Iron Chef for 24 hours while he gives you a lecture on how to admin.

After that, if you still don't learn from the almighty iron chef, your admin will probably get revoked.

no

FoxHound

FoxHound

HG Management (CS:GO Division)

• 2,165 posts
  • LocationNew York

View PostSpawnMatrix, on January 11 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

welp im a bully so time to be a good guy for now on :^)

im watching you

http://prntscr.com/eayfqa
Spoiler: quotes

Posted Image

You know that feeling when you're taking a shit and you just start screaming?

Thanks to Wabbit and ShadowHuntress (respectively) for the sigs!

MicrosoftWord

MicrosoftWord

CS:GO Moderator (Jailbreak)

• 269 posts
  • LocationBehind That Tree

Thanks for clearing things up Peace! Hope this helps HG.
Posted Image

Posted Image

View PostThe Empathetic Peacemaker, on January 13 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

harambe isn't really dead
Thanks My Boys Ryze, Eisen, and ReeD!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users