Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

On The New Update

ForrestMarkX

Clarifications

• I am not removing every weapon only unused ones
  • I cleaned up the player models because no one wants to download 5 200mb workshop uploads
  • I added Speak (https://scriptfodder...-chat-framework) because it has almost 0 FPS impact unlike HatsChat and Atlas
  • I'm trying to reduce the massive amounts of downloads required to get into the server
  • I don't want 50 weapons that are not used at all and just add more downloads

If you are concerned on player models. Please refer to this on the changes and what have been kept/added (I used the best quality I could find and made them as small I could to fit in 2 workshop uploads)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=702884250

Edited by ForrestMarkX
  • Like 7

Well here are some problems I have with the current debug build:

• Figd in-game workshop mounting tool: There is very little gain to why contents should be downloaded while in an active game already, it only causes lags and framerate drops by the time you should be playing (even after you already downloaded all of the contents, it lags the game). I'd rather spend a couple of more seconds at loading screen. Not to mention it breaks the beat track music player of ZS.
  • Speak: I simply do not like the look and feel of that chatbox (it also reminds me of Nox), what was wrong with hatschat and atlas chat? Only to get a <1 FPS gain? Also current version of Speak suffers from a bug where pressing console key while typing brings up the console instead of entering that character to chat.
  • Removal of some of the weapons, namely Chainsaw, Halo 2 Energy Sword, Grenade Launcher and Sawed off double barreled shotgun: They were used, useful and not too OP (well energy sword and grenade launcher were OP, but very limited in stock).

Those are at least for me a reason to play even less on HG ZS then what I already do.

• Like 5

Removal of some of the weapons, namely Chainsaw, Halo 2 Energy Sword, Grenade Launcher and Sawed off double barreled shotgun: They were used, useful and not too OP (well energy sword and grenade launcher were OP, but very limited in stock).

Chainsaw was probably the most used melee weapon I've seen next to the DNA Katana, I didn't know it was removed. Also Grenade Launcher was almost always purchased when the game gets to that wave.

Why remove 'em when they we're actually used?

• Like 4

Grenade Launcher was almost always purchased when the game gets to that wave.

For me this is why I'm glad it's gone. It did massive damage in a large radius with no counter play for the zombies. If they were in the GL sights they were dead. It's only drawbacks were its slow firing rate (Only an issue when others in a cade aren't shooting) and it was very expensive (this doesn't matter on a point saving server). It was just a very unfun and unfair weapon to go up against.

For me this is why I'm glad it's gone. It did massive damage in a large radius with no counter play for the zombies. If they were in the GL sights they were dead. It's only drawbacks were its slow firing rate (Only an issue when others in a cade aren't shooting) and it was very expensive (this doesn't matter on a point saving server). It was just a very unfun and unfair weapon to go up against.

2 grenade launcher below 70% human died was injuste and OP for human but anyway next update tier 6 is unlock only with 80% human dead so it will no longer be a problem, GL can stay ingame

Edited by Trazix
  • Like 6

That's why there is a max of two per game. I don't believe it's overpowered to the point of removal, as you have to get to wave 6, which is not an easy feat on a lot of maps. We've had the gernade launcher on the server for a while now, and I don't feel that it breaks the balance between humans and zombie team. The gun also gives solocaders a weapon other than the photon to damage zombies. It's the only wave 6 gun in the game, it's supposed to be good. It's such a unique and fun to use weapon and I would be very sad to see it go.

Edited by Porter2455

It's such a unique and fun to use weapon and I would be very sad to see it go.

It's NOT fun for zombies though. There are 2 sides to this game and it's completely broken for the zombie side. How can zombies counter a GL. Even zombines get juggled around and get barely 1 hit or 2 in. There is 0 counterplay for the zombies when the GL is out. It turns waves 6 from an exciting final hold to a boring point form where zombies just get farmed. Yes its fun to use but only for the wielder and definitely not for the other 50% of the players (zombies).

It's NOT fun for zombies though. There are 2 sides to this game and it's completely broken for the zombie side. How can zombies counter a GL. Even zombines get juggled around and get barely 1 hit or 2 in. There is 0 counterplay for the zombies when the GL is out. It turns waves 6 from an exciting final hold to a boring point form where zombies just get farmed. Yes its fun to use but only for the wielder and definitely not for the other 50% of the players (zombies).

I will say there are several maps in which the beatdown of zombies becomes worse due to gernade launcher. Banana mall and pub come to mind. However, I truly feel that the gernade launcher doesn't solely determine a win or loss for the humans very often. Those two people who get the gernade launcher certainly benefit, but there are other great weapons that own the zombies as much as it does. The photon is incredibly good, easy to profit on, and has no stock. A cade that is well built and in tact by wave 5 is probably going to survive on wave 6 even without gernade launchers. A cade on its heels going into wave 6 is not going to survive a zombine onslaught just because of the GLs. And as trazix mentioned, the unlock percentage is going to be increased, balancing it where it is fair to be called overpowered.

The GL still defeats the purpose of zombines. Powerful zombie with 400+ hp and does 40dmg a claw? Dies in seconds before it can even get a claw off. No a GL doesn't always determine a win or lose but it still has a huge impact when it comes out. For humans to die on wave 6 now the cade would have to be already very near dead or poorly built. The only way I see the GL fair is serving as a desperation weapon. Making it unlocked only when the 80% dies and not as a wave unlock. Yes there are other powerful weapons in the game but they felt fair and never felt cheap or too overpowered to go up against.