Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

My Buid Vs. This Pre-Built

Jglake

My Possible Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jglake/saved/HTk999

OR

This Pre-Built: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883152202

I have not bought anything for my build yet so don't worry about if I will lose money on parts I have already bought.

I am kind of new to this so I was wondering with that pre-built if I could upgrade parts and change it up some so it is customized eventually?

• Like 1

the 850w On ur build is way overkill.... if you plan on getting SLI i'd recommend going full tower just cause space.

This basically comes down to: upgradability, and current prices. You COULD buy the aegis, with good performance, but idk bout upgradability.

Go with a full tower.... you basically got all the upgradability and space you will need. just imo.

I remember u talking bout wanting a reservoir for Liquid cooling, the ATX full tower does nicely

my case phanteks ethoo primo is $$$$ but good for liquidcooling

Edited by Tyrion quadister

the 850w On ur build is way overkill.... if you plan on getting SLI i'd recommend going full tower just cause space.

This basically comes down to: upgradability, and current prices. You COULD buy the aegis, with good performance, but idk bout upgradability.

Go with a full tower.... you basically got all the upgradability and space you will need. just imo.

I remember u talking bout wanting a reservoir for Liquid cooling, the ATX full tower does nicely

my case phanteks ethoo primo is $$$$ but good for liquidcooling

Link me a full tower compatible with my stuff. Edited by Jglake

the prebuilt is a scam

regular 6700 for that prebuilt (no overclock possiblility)

a 3gb 1060 (poop)

350w psu (poop, needs to be replaced in the future if you plan on upgrading)

pretty sure it has a custom pcb motherboard if not then a cheap motherboard in there

go with the custom one you got. the only problem you might encounter is figuring out where to put the radiator. I don't see any ventilation at the top so the radiator will have to go in the front for that case

also - you will need to move some standoffs (i think they come preinstalled) to the configuration of the matx motherboard. Always double triple check before you put a screw in

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 3

That's hard. Do you want side panel window?

colors?

specific brand?

water cooling ready/easy?

agree with frost. Any pc with a 800$+ spending limit should NOT have a B150 motherboard

especially if its for any type of gaming.

don't watercool if u don't know how to, it requires outside tools and a lot more knowledge about it. Only do it if ur bro/dad has done it/knows actually how to

it requires a bit extra $$$

Edited by Tyrion quadister

the prebuilt is a scam

Don't think I need to explain myself here so go with custom build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g8Ftr7 - I modified your build a bit that you wanted. A few things to list off that I changed.

• For your cpu cooler, I changed your tower so you can fit that radiator in there. (The other tower wouldn't fit into it)
  • Just like what Quad said, 850w you're just spending more than you have to. So that was changed to 650w
  • The Graphics card. Instead of buying a $600+ 1080 8GB, The 1070 8GB gives the same performance as the 1080 but at a less costly rate. (Were talking $200+ you're saving here)

That's basically it, and assuming you're in need of a new entire setup (keyboard, mouse, etc) I like everything but the mouse, Haven't really heard much good out of zowie mouses, but for the price for a gaming mouse that isn't bad. (Razers have always been pretty good in history for mouses)

Again, this is my outtake on what you should get for a new setup, Take anything you want out of this but I highly recommend my edited changes, It's about $100 in total cheaper and will last longer aka be easier to upgrade in the future.

• Like 2

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/g8Ftr7 - I modified your build a bit that you wanted. A few things to list off that I changed.

lets save some more money! https://www.kinguin....0-home-oem-key/

$25 for a w10 key - I remember hearing skreech say he got a w10 key for around $15 so you might want to ask him where he got it and if you can get one too.

Edited by FrostByte

Yo i highkey need a good SSD and a hard drive that can hold 2 1/2 TB under 200$ ideas? i pretty sure ill go Seagate and samsung

2TB harddrive and like 240 and 128 gb ssd i forgot kek

But yea ur set tbh lake just USUALLY don't go with prebuilts unless u ask some1 who really knows whats up (HG)