Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Your Name, It's Origin, And Your Picture

Artyom

Hello Everyone I would like to see how everyone came about their name!

• How did you come up with your name?
  • What were your past names?
  • Is your name derived from somewhere?
  • Does your picture some how relate with your name?

How I came about my name:

My name first came about from xbox live. My dad was creating a Gamertag and came up with lambda69. He choose lambda, because it was from Half-Life 2 or the series in general. Then he choose 69, because he was born in 1969. Some time after we having the Gamertag I wanted to make a youtube channel. The only issue was that lambda69 was taken, so I eventually I got a name that would work. The name was lambada699 and I basically have used it ever since then. Which was sometime around 2013 when I made the account. Right now my name has been shortened to lambada, because it is easier and faster to say.

My Pictures and Signature:

If anyone wants to know why I choose my pictures here is the reason. In the Greek Alphabet there letters that are upper case and lower case. In Half-Life 2 you see the lower case symbol, and I say Half-Life 2 because its really the only one i've played. Now the reason I choose the Sparatns for my picture(s) is because of the symbol on their shield. The symbol on their shield is actually the upper case letter of lambda. That being said, I choose them because my name was derived from lambda/lambda69 and wanted to have that as a symbloic meaning in some sort of way.
Edited by lambada
  • Like 4

when i started playing tf2 5 years ago, I liked the name ArchAngel and my name is Angel, so it was for a time ArchAngelAngel, but after a few months of people being pissy about the arch part cuz religion reasons i guess i changed it to Ark, And ive kept it. And my picture: I have over many years found the passion I have for killing people online in tf2 and other games. I am sane... i think. But many times Ive beeen reffered to as the Angel of Death , or death.

• Like 1

• How did you come up with your name? The first thing that came to mind.
  • What were your past names? burger and other random shit.
  • Is your name derived from somewhere? "brgr" yes, a restaurant named "BRGR - Kitchen & Bar" it was shorter than burger so I used it.
  • Does your picture some how relate with your name? Nope.

• Like 1

The word "Selery" first originated from a school activity where we were supposed to be in groups of 2 and have a group name. I was in a group with my friend Elli and we got our group name by combining our own names: Sarah + Elli = Selery. And so selery became my nickname for some reason.

My first username wasn't selery, it was uncubed, there's another story to that one but it's a little long. I kept that for a long time with an awesome profile picture that I made: http://i.imgur.com/5vGEH4Ws.png

A couple years ago my friends started a group called "The Pantry Players" and they wanted me to join, but you had to have a food name, so I switched over to Selery. The queen part comes from when I sucked at cs:go and called my self "Selery, Queen of the Bottom Frag." When I got slightly better I shortened it to just Queen Selery.

Edited by Selery the Cringe Queen
  • Like 1

My name is Bobby the d because in middle school I thought the name Bobby was both "random and weird", don't ask why I don't know. I started playing world of warcraft and decided naming all my characters Bobby would be funny. Bobbythed was my first (an undead warrior) with the d standing for dead because Bobbythedead was to long for the character limits in WoW. I've kept that as my consistent name since then.

My profile pic is literally just a random one techdude sent me, I have no clue where he got it from or who it is.

When I played CSS (both before and during my WoW phase) I went by the name They because I thought it was funny to mess up peoples' grammar when they used it in a sentence.

I got 2 online aliases.

I use Comic King only for HG, Steam and Origin.

I got it because I used to be the best at drawing comic books at my school. Now, because of exams and shit I don't draw anymore, but it stayed. You could say that because of HG, I've kept this one for like 5 or so years :D

The name that I use for PSN, Xbox Live, Uplay (basically every platform where name isn't changeable, except for Origin) is magvey13.

Magvey is my dad's online alias. When I was 9, he created my PSN alias magvey13 by adding the day I was born on, August 13th. I use it to this day. I was thinking of changing my HG name to it, but then no one would recognise me lol :)

My profile picture is a Serbian basketball player, Boban Marjanovic. This picture was taken a year ago, but now he plays for the Detroit Pistons :D

Edited by Comic King
  • Like 1