Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How did you come across HG?!

Apt. 2B

I joined surf and the CS:S community in 2009 around January, then made an account for something in February, I can't remember for what. Two months later I made my app, and Roley said something along the lines of "APPROVALED!" I've been in HG for just over a year now. I admined Surf and Jailbreak for a short period, then admined DeathRun until it died. I took up MG and admined it for a little bit. I never had an abuse report (I've been accused, but never reported formally.) and I'd like to think I positively influenced the servers I admined, and I am proud to say "I am an HG vet."

t';dr - February on surf, I'm proud to be in HG.

It all started in late 2005, I decided to make a clan with a few buddies I played with on Lex's old Custom Server. The clan was named Hell-Tonic. Only about 5 members at the time I rented a single server from September to November, by December 2005 we had about 20 members in HT (some still around you see as Council now), I then purchased our first dedicated server box to host 4 large game servers. This is when our 4 main servers were born: Dust2, Office, Surf, and a Custom server. We grew off those servers and they all got very popular within 3 months.

Before getting the new server box is when I decided to think of a better name for a website to attract and create a more open community population. Thus HeLLs Gamers was founded by myself :)

HT was later merged to HG Veteran because HG is the future of things and we did not need the separation.

Edited by Homer

Played jailbreak on Gmod got old fast ran into Hg jailbreak played it fell in love with it. Played there as Sloppy Bukkake applied got rejected due to my name, Changed my name to what I had to eat that night and here I am

EDIT

Its funny how many people came form jailbreak and now hate it next thing I'm gonna read is terry playing in jailbreak

Edited by Clams

Back when i was 11.......almost 4 years ago I went over to my friends house and played css.

Next day i break open my piggy bank tell my mom...me want game 4 months later i join an office server i became friends with some of the regulars(greeneys,deathlord,HT|legacy and kilroy). i was told to join the clan several times by kilroy never did then on september 09 i decided to join HG. i hope more Css players join the community... except Jailbreakers.....NVM they are kewl to 10man with same skill as i do

I always look for servers with the map iceworld_arena because i made it and like playing on it.

This is how i found HellsGamers server :) I'm on it from time to time. My nickname is zunnie if you look for me ;)

Sometime in the latter half of '08, I was getting back into CS:S and I had a friend that would alternate between the HG Dust 2 server and the beer and titties Dust 2 server (when he should have been working), so I started playing with him. Eventually I realized that B&T was kind of lame and started playing here full time.

Then Valve killed our Dust 2 server and I was filled with a black pool of sadness.

I think I registered on the forums Feb 27, 2009. Applied to HG one month later.

I began on the Dust2 DM server, got admin after a while. I remember two of the guys I met who were in HG and I spoke to alot were Artillary and Bulletz_Freak. They encouraged me to apply. March 25th I did.

https://hellsgamers.com/forums/hg-clan-applications/3217-motos-app.html

Went from there.

I wanted to play deathmatch on Dust2 because of the simplicity of memorizing maps and spawns then I found [HG] Dust_2. After a few weekends I started to play your jailbreak which is better than the other clans because of the restrictions. After a week or so of playing jailbreak I decided to join HG. And here I am now.

I saw a map titled JAILBREAK and I thought it sounded interesting so I clicked on it, happened to be HG and I fell in love with the server. I went on to find more HG servers since I knew they were well-run and I could trust them. One day I was in JB at 3 AM with one CT (I forget who) and Slaz on console who then proceeded to convince me to join the clan. I then went on my old unactive forum account and joined the clan and became active.

yay! :D

I was around when HG was still HT but then I went AWOL because I had some real shit to deal with and my computer couldn't support steam anymore anyways, but then I got this badass piece of machinery and found the servers again. I'll stick around this time : )

Well, I love on your video that it doesnt mention me at all! Soccer will know all about that.....

(if any1 knows me in 1.6, my very 1st name was -=HR=- Jon ---- a clan, well not really, of me, my brother, and my dad.)

Well, in 1.6 I was in my 1st real clan called |RIC|_ (1st admin experience :) had fun with that!) - We had a server change, and I lost the ip, never been able to find them since.

Source came out, bought a copy, but hated it. They gun prices would change daily, it seriously sucked and was not worth playing. Then they fixed it, so I played it.

Started Source with Thawk and Thawktech. Me and one of my friends from thawktech hated how we were the only ones ever on, and we never had admin. We left that clan and made our own. We fund someone to buy a Crackhouse server, we became a crackhouse clan. We scrimed all the time, I could own anyone here on that map (not deathmatch....that mod sucks..)

Well, hackers eventually joined that clan, and I wanted nothing to do with it. I left.

D2 was my favorite map throught Counter Strike History. At 1st I hated HG's d2 server, because it had 28 people, and I thought it was wayyyy to many. I played on a low ping 10 slot server, which was pretty fun, but didnt last, i was greedy for more kills. Gave HG d2 another shot, and played there all the time.

Now to the clan part:

Long time ago, in a place know as (lots of spaces) #24/7 Dust2, DJ did something to me, I raged, he demanded i put on tag, i did, here i am.

I helped lots in this clan, idk why, i dont even help my friends irl, but... :)

-Theres some of a very long and boring story.

Edited by Headshot

ooooo i remember l;ike it was yesterday...i was looking on the servers list and saw #24/7 Dust2....played there for like 2 weeks and then i played jailbreak for about a week and then registered to this loving community.

• 2 weeks later...