Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How did you come across HG?!

Apt. 2B

Very cool. Except for the 2007 + Jailbreak thing, doesn't match up.

Good idea, STICKY + THREAD CHANGE.

ITT: Post how you found/joined HG.

I opened CS:S, clicked the server tab, narrowed the map list down to de_dust2, sorted the server list by ping, and clicked one of the ones near the top.

It was #24/7 Dust 2. I played there for a couple weeks then had to report a hacker, came to the website and registered in late August 2008.

A few days later I tried to go back on the website because of another hacker(D2 was a playground for hackers, *cough DJ cough*). This is right after the entire website was erased and so I had to register again(almost didn't because I thought it was some nerdy "HAHA WE DON'T ACTUALLY SAVE YOUR USERNAME IN OUR DATABASE" website.

Blah, blah, I joined, raged Vandium with the help of Headshot, and banned the FUCK out of a!r.jordan. :)

• Like 1

May 2009 I was playing scoutzknivez with my friend and he tells me to follow him to this server called Jailbreak. I join and first thing I say is wtf is this shit... soon I was playing in it everyday and I came across another HG server, surf DM. Got admin in Jailbreak and then a month later applied for HG : )

I can't remember it. It was like August 2009. I think I was trying to bhop and came across the bhop server, or I just randomly came across the jailbreak server, somehow.

I wish I could remember XD

EDIT: Just as I send my post I remember. On youtube, late one night in my bed and came across a machinima video. Which means it was mid-September - which makes sense as I had that month off.

GoZHvcqzAR4

I watched it, gave it a try and here I am.

Edited by Dan

I don't remember to be honest. All I know is that I was a jailbreaker when I first joined back almost a year ago. (Will be a year in July o.O)

Since then I have become better at CS:S in general thanks to my amazing clan members. ^.^

I also joined befor all the -hg- stages

Edited by JessicaJoy

I started off with CS 1.6 and actually decided to make the move to CSS permanently in January 2009... I was addicted to the surf mod servers and when I came across the HG surf mod I decided to look at all the HG severs... and yes I ran into Jailbreak (back when jjk had disco days) and from there I decided to join up in June 09...

I was in an other clan and someone told us he was going to hack our server

Then after I saw that person in HG's Jailbreak server.

So the other guy (That was in the same clan as me) and I decided to come on vent

to tell a higher member that a hacker was in your servers.

I talked to JJK and I thought he was a pretty nice and funny guy.

So then i decided to buy admin on d2 dm server and talked with prius.

1 Month after I left my small clan to come to a bigger clan and came on ventrilo,

Talked with JJK and he told me he wanted me to join.

So I did a 10 man with them then I posted my app.

Funniest think is that he approved me before I made my app and I joinned HG I think 1 or 2 weeks

before the recruit system starts.

Here is the link lol ...

https://hellsgamers.com/forums/hg-clan-applications/7699-seboards-application.html

I started off being a jailbreak whore fk'ing on other servers and stumbled across HG's JB server, it was a really nice server at the time, I played a whole lot on it, and met Herbal Tea now known as Kiwi and has changed his name 1 million times =.=, he showed me the other HG servers and we played some crackhouse. he recommended I joined HG and...yea that's why/how I joined. All happened in October last year :P

I used to play on Urban Assault clan servers in late 2005. Around March of 2006, they had some serious downtime, so I went to look for another server to play on. I happened upon the Office NTF. Around the time I joined HT, Homer was looking to do a serious expansion of the clan. Together with Clark and DJ, we helped lay the groundwork (i.e. funding) for it, and we've been growing ever since.

I too started on PlagueFest then soon went to Jailbreak

Was there for awhile until I joined then went to Office/Crackhouse

Then the rest of them

On the 16th of this month will be one year since registered on forums

In 2007 or so, i found your surf deathmatch, and started playing that almost everyday. Then it disappeared off of my favourites, and I tried looking for it, unable to find, i tarted looking at more HG server as I liked them. I started playing jailbreak for a while, then after i got back from being away for about a month in december I came back like " Hey, i forgot about jailbreak! I played for about an hour, registered, applied for the clan, got admin, and here I am today!

Edited by Lt. Awesome

I starting playin in 7th grade and quit my freshman year...then started again my freshman year of college...

when i first started playing, office was my favorite server...so when i rebought the game i looked for officer servers & ended up playing at the HG NTF server...

i became a little well known..made friends with HG guys n decided to join

• Like 1

"I was in HG | Prius' clan in fall of 2008 to early of 2009. He tryed to convince me HellsGamers was better and tried to get me to join. I failed to do so, and I kept shit talking to him. He became my best friend<3. In June of 2009, shortly after I got my original Dell Dimension 3000 fixed (hardware failure), I joined HG. It was a great experience at first. Then I met Donnie, and we became closer. I know the fucking kids phone number for god sakes, and where he lives. He knows the same. We both left within 30 second of each other, and it was a stupid move on my part. I stopped playing games altogether because I was so bored, and then again in February I joined again. Here I am now. So if I didn't leave, it would be one year on June 6th, 2010."

For Master.

love<3

I WAS IN PRIUS CLAN AND THEN AND AND AND UM THEN HE SAID HG WAS BETTER AND I DIDNT BELIVE HIM AND AND UM THEN I JOINED HG IN JUNE AND THEN ME AND DONNIE LEFT AND I WAS STUPID FOR DOING IT AND THEN I JOINED IN FEBRUARY (heheheheh) AND THEN I AM HERE.

- feb

Hard to recall.

I found an iceworld server, and the HellsGamers name had a d2 server that was pretty fun so i choose HG iceworld to be active on, a few months later I saw they started a surf server, and when it was ranked i was in first top20 ^.^ Spend my time getting stoned with my brother and surfed all night, for a good 2 years straight. I only visited forums a few times to report hackers, but when i saw more servers pop up like office and Zm, I decided to stick with HG servers.

Posted a few tutorials and lamp asked me to be staff same day as bort.

Helped start a few servers like jailbreak, deathrun, hide and seek, etc. - plus admining servers for 2+ years, even worked for Quantum for 4 months.

then some drama and server crashes and downtime and ip changed and stuff and shit and things, oh also somethign notable, I started the bort mullet shit >.>

Edited by JJK

I was in an other clan and someone told us he was going to hack our server

Then after I saw that person in HG's Jailbreak server.

So the other guy (That was in the same clan as me) and I decided to come on vent

to tell a higher member that a hacker was in your servers.

I talked to JJK and I thought he was a pretty nice and funny guy.

So then i decided to buy admin on d2 dm server and talked with prius.

1 Month after I left my small clan to come to a bigger clan and came on ventrilo,

Talked with JJK and he told me he wanted me to join.

So I did a 10 man with them then I posted my app.

Funniest think is that he approved me before I made my app and I joinned HG I think 1 or 2 weeks

before the recruit system starts.

Here is the link lol ...

https://hellsgamers.com/forums/hg-clan-applications/7699-seboards-application.html

Leading the clan that Seboard was in, got pissed off by the idiots and immaturity, didn't think I had time for clans with college...left them. Month later I started playing again and Seb said "Get your ass in here" in his lovable French tone, so I started playing JB. Got hooked and a couple days later joined.

The rest is history.