Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How To: Skin to your Teamspeak Client

Cefdinir

If you're like me, then the default TS3 skin is somewhat boring and does not match the Gunmetal look of steam, which irritates me to no end. :confused:

So this tutorial will show you how to add and set your skin of choice.

Before

beforets.png

First you will need a skin of your choice. You can find most of them on the Teamspeak All in one skin page.

For this tutorial I will be using Ex3KillerTS3Skin as reference.

When downloaded the file will be a compressed .rar file. Once extracted, the Ex3killer RAR file will contain a "styles" folder with a QSS file and a "gfx" folder with icons inside.

files.png

Next we'll put these files in the right place so TS3 recognizes the skin. You'll need to enable View hidden folders. For Windows 7, Open up My Computer and press Alt to open the tool bar. Click Tools > Folder Options and click the "View" tab at the top. In the "Advanced settings" pane under Hidden Files select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". Apply and OK this window.

folder_options.png

Then navigate to the TS3 Program Files. For Windows 7 it is in the 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Teamspeak 3 Client' directory. (For XP users, 'C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Client' directory)

filelocation.png

Then open up the "styles" folder and Copy the EX3Killer.qss into this folder.

copiedstyles.png

Next, go up one more directory and open up the "gfx" folder and Copy the extracted Ex3Killer folder into this directory.

copiedgfx.png

Lastly, Open TS3 and navigate to Settings and open the Options menu. On the left side click the Design sub menu and select the EX3Killer in the Theme drop down as well as the Ex3Killer in the Icon Pack Drop down.

optionsmenu.png

OK the Options menu and restart TS3 to apply the icon pack and skin and you're done!!

After :cheesy:

finished_.png

Note: The Battlefield 3 is my wallpaper showing through due to the transparency settings i use. :D

Edited by Cefdinir

I'm very upset with you. My name is not green on TS.

Fixed.

Doesnt HG have a TS3 Skin? If not they should make one! This is weird, I cant seem to find my TS3 folder... and how about for Windows XP Professional which is what I have.

I don't know if HG has its own skin yet but I'm sure someone could make one. :D

The Teamspeak directory for XP should be in 'C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Client'.

Right click the TS3 shortcut you have, go to properties. Look at the target. It should say something like "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe" Or wherever it may be. copy everything but the \ts3client_win32.exe part. open your program files. Paste what you copied into the address bar.

• 4 weeks later...