Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Zombie Survival] Report All Bugs/glitches Here

sharp_shooter

To make things easy follow this template when making a post on a bug/glitch in the Zombie Survival server. When your bug/glitch has been addressed it will be removed. If you troll this post you will be given an infraction, this is a serious post and I hope you will take it seriously.

Template:

1. The time it occurred (include your time zone):

2. What happened and what were you doing to cause it:

3. Any first hand experience, this is required (preferably demos, video recording, screenshots, etc...):

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

1. At around 10 o'clock pm (i use the chamorro time zone UTC+10:00)

2. Me and other people were playing a map called Gauntlet Reborn and enjoyed the match, it was hard but after the match, everyone's points were reduced to 0 including mine.

3. The only thing i have are screenshots of my points before the match and after it sort of.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. 11:36 (Server time)

2. I guess someone nailed a barrel to the ladder and then after wave 4 it occured that zombies couldnt go into the "blocked" ladder, only headcrabs and projectiles could do, it also happened on the bottom ladder before --couldnt record that time D:

3. http://www.mediafire.com/download/u2sj1r8zy92frd4/anotherbugddddddddddddddd.dem

And another one:

1. 01:15 PM (i really dont remember)

2. Zombies just spawned into our last cade for no explanation o.0

3. http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/470922398295971235/D0C42E137F47D26CC62D9DA2B68F5D21D2114EED/

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

1 - It's happened about 3-4 times to me, even to one of the Admins once that I know of. Just happened to me again at 0600.

2 - Resupply Crate disappears. First I thought that a headcrab or crow got to it without me knowing. But I saw it de-spawning or something.

3 - Can't really show any screenshots since it's gone. But it happened to me and Cosmic on Vertigo 1-3 days ago.

I don't know if there is a max amount of crates allowed on a map at a time but there were only 3 resupply crates laid down. (Map - Neighborhood)

• Like 1

I'll look into it, but crates don't just disappear arbitrarily and there is no way we could be anywhere close to the entity limit for the engine. Try to see if you can get a demo of it happening, and make sure someone isn't just taking it or it is being destroyed.

1 - Every time I try to enter the server

2 - I can't enter! Stop playing for a while, now I started to play again. The game gets stuck loading in "retrieving server info"

3 - I can go on all servers except this and two other servers. I already tried:

I already tried: - remove local content (all garrysmod folder)

- download the folder again

- reconnect my internet (is faster)

- I sought help for every damn web pages

- ask Jesus for help?

t3xr7WC.jpg

hlp me please!

Edited by testzone

1. It can happen randomly. Occurs at the start of the round.

2. What happens is, at the start of the round sometimes the name list that shows zombie volunteers is frozen and I cannot tell if I am going to be zombie or not. As far as my knowledge goes nothing triggers it hence it's random appearance.

EDIT: It can also work the other way round. My username can be on the list and stay there even at the furthest point on the map and then I find I don't become zombie afterall.

3. 2rhbddk.jpg

And yes, others have encountered this problem too.

Edited by zGaMeZ-JaMeZ
  • Like 1

2 - I can't enter! Stop playing for a while, now I started to play again. The game gets stuck loading in "retrieving server info"

3 - I can go on all servers except this and two other servers. I already tried:

- ask Jesus for help?

hlp me please!

Make sure you're going to the Steam common folder and manually deleting the Garry's Mod folder after you remove all local content. Then download the game again and after it finishes installing verify the cache (game properties menu). If all else fails, go to the Garry's Mod help forum here.

2. What happens is, at the start of the round sometimes the name list that shows zombie volunteers is frozen and I cannot tell if I am going to be zombie or not. As far as my knowledge goes nothing triggers it hence it's random appearance.

3. I will update when I have footage. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I sure as hell complained and moaned about it over the mic :omgimmad:. I just want it to stop because it REALLY gets on my nerves !!

This has been an issue since ZS was first release and is still a problem. It persists because there tends to be a difference, between the server and players, for calculating distance.

1 - It's happened about 3-4 times to me, even to one of the Admins once that I know of. Just happened to me again at 0600.

2 - Resupply Crate disappears. First I thought that a headcrab or crow got to it without me knowing. But I saw it de-spawning or something.

3 - Can't really show any screenshots since it's gone. But it happened to me and Cosmic on Vertigo 1-3 days ago.

I don't know if there is a max amount of crates allowed on a map at a time but there were only 3 resupply crates laid down. (Map - Neighborhood)

resupply crates glitch through the floor on neighborhood due to the floor being very thin. Zombies can break the resupply crates through the floor. Either the map needs to be updated, or you just have to learn not to leave the crate down. Just pick up the crate and place it down every now and then for people to use it.

EDIT: It can also work the other way round. My username can be on the list and stay there even at the furthest point on the map and then I find I don't become zombie afterall.

And yes, others have encountered this problem too.

Dont ever trust the list.

Some maps, like snowy castle, if your name is on the list you will be zombie no matter where you stand. it's just one of the issues with a select few maps.

best bet is to stand as far away from zombie spawn at the beginning of the game. Also take note if there are multiple zombie spawns as you want to be far away from all of them.

Edited by IMI4tth3w

resupply crates glitch through the floor on neighborhood due to the floor being very thin. Zombies can break the resupply crates through the floor. Either the map needs to be updated, or you just have to learn not to leave the crate down. Just pick up the crate and place it down every now and then for people to use it.

Alright, thanks Mat (:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i would like if the zombie volunteers list was fixed because it will say I'm on the list when I am not. When it reaches the last second I think I'm going to be a zombie but turns out I'm not.

There is also times that I wasn't on the list but became a zombie anyways

i would like if the zombie volunteers list was fixed because it will say I'm on the list when I am not. When it reaches the last second I think I'm going to be a zombie but turns out I'm not.

There is also times that I wasn't on the list but became a zombie anyways

this has already been addressed. it is because the server and the player have discrepancies in calculating the distance between the player, and zombie spawn. Just learn the maps/where the zombie spawns are, and go as far away as possible when the round starts.

there are a few select maps that are broken, snowy castle for example, that when you are on the list, you will be chosen zombie no matter what. webflashing said it might have something to do with the fact that there are no zombie gasses at zombie spawn causing the error for calculating distance from spawn. but it will have to be looked into.

another map where people think its broken is objective pharmacy. what they dont realize is that behind the door near human spawn is a second zombie spawn. if there are not enough players close to the 1st zombie spawn, it will start picking players near that next zombie spawn that's behind the door.

again, never trust the list, and just learn the maps/zombie spawn locations and go as far away as possible when round starts.

Edited by IMI4tth3w

• 3 months later...

Okey I'm here again with the same problem of June:

3 - I can go on all servers except this and two other servers.

- ask Jesus for help?

and yes, I tried what you told me HG Management

any ideas?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

1. 12:30 PM Eastern

2. The shade boss was invincible. I was on the boss list and had shade selected while I was still alive as a magic shade. After the wave started and I was regular shade I did not take any damage from flashlights.

3. It happened to me two times. The first time was an accident and a few maps later I tried it on purpose to test it and it did the same thing.

1. 12:30 PM Eastern

2. The shade boss was invincible. I was on the boss list and had shade selected while I was still alive as a magic shade. After the wave started and I was regular shade I did not take any damage from flashlights.

3. It happened to me two times. The first time was an accident and a few maps later I tried it on purpose to test it and it did the same thing.

Can confirm it was a few days ago and we were on the map with the mansion that has op balcony overlooking another house with the zombie spawn behind it, (I am spacing the name of the map currently, sorry). He was shade and no matter how close I was to him, the flashlight did no damage. Luckily, he was forced to change boss due to a bonus crate I believe. Thanks for actually posting about it, I thought I was crazy when you just stood next to the cade and were not phased in the slightest.

• 1 month later...

1. Around 3:33 pm Eastern Time. Fifth of February, 2017.

2. Invincible brick nailed down. Cause is unclear.

3. I was playing normally on the map as seen in the demo and then I notice I wasn't doing any damage to a well-placed brick for the longest time. I went on as a crow to peck at it -still can't do damage to it. Nothing says I'm doing damage to it after I hit it no matter what the angle is. This thing has stood about two-to-three rounds up against a decent amount of zombies as bonemeshes wail on it every second, and small props do not have a lot of health; especially when not repaired. It was in a shade's grasp moments ago before it was taken and nailed down; I don't have much detail about the shade situation -one minute it was being controlled and then the other it was lost and found nailed down a hand full of seconds later. The crawl space didn't give a good view on how it came to be.

brick.dem

• 4 weeks later...

1. The time it occurred (include your time zone): Any time

2. What happened and what were you doing to cause it: As a zombie, if you press F to turn on "night vision," any time you are turned a certain way, all the textures freak out.

3. Any first hand experience, this is required: https://gyazo.com/89b5379d8c5bd4d084958d399466194a