Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A Little Boost Maybe?

quierotacobell

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are many maps in the server where humans will just camp the zombie spawn until round or until a shade appears.

This should be no problem for the zombies, however, many humans get the boombstick since the very beginning, making it a real problem for the zombies, with 4 humans with the boombstick is enough to hold up against 7 zombies (I think 7 is the maximum spawn limit).

One would think this would be no problem for the zombies once the nightmare shows up, unluckily that's not the case, 4 humans can take down 2 nightmares in 2 round of shots with the boomstiick before it even has the chance to get near them.

-Problem:

Humans with boomsticks are overpowered at the beginning of the game.

-Solution:

Make the humans unable to buy a boomstick at the first round.

Now I know some people are going to disagree with me, but those are the same who always buy the boomstick at the first round. At least one of them might say "Sometimes I play as a zombie just for fun, and I don't have any problem with the boomstick", when he/she play as a zombie its most likely sure at least 1 of the other humans who buys a boomstick at the beginning will be with him/her, leaving only 1 other human with a boomstick, 1 human with a boombstick represents no threat to 7 zombies.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its wrong to camp the zombie spawn, as long as there is a chance for the zombie to get the humans if they're not careful enough, I've seen many players run around with a katana or even with a hammer running around the zombie spawn at the first round taking out zombies but a boomstick its just not even funny, and if they were coordinated enough they could hold up for the entire game.

P.S.: I created a poll based on on the possible answers of people who in play the server (I'm looking at you Matt Marche >.>)

Wave 3 = Spawn camping ends

Also, if theres someone with a boomstick on wave 1(and has skill or it wouldnt be a real problem) - go headcrab or dont spawn until wave 2, simple.

Many people rages not because of the boomsticks, because of they getting picked as starting zombies.

You said, 2 boomys vs a nightmare, its already past wave 1, so it really wouldnt matter if you disabled boomys at wave 1 when they are going to buy a boomy when the nightmare spawns at intermission, anyways, only like 2 people buys boomys at wave 1, and most of the cases are people without skill.

The reason why HG's win rate is so high (beyond pointsaving itself giving people the ability to get stuff they shouldn't...) is because 200 point weapons on wave 1 prevent zombies from getting off their feet, and the wave 1 zombie increase is normally an integral part of zombie success. Hell, a very good player with a 30 point gun makes a big difference there, but I'm not suggesting that gets removed.

If we want to get rid of zombie ragequits/make zombies try, something needs to be done about this.

Ps. If you want to get me in trouble for the way I talk or my actions on the server, a very poor way to do so is to be passive aggressive about it in your topics. It makes you look bad, and devalues your opinion on it. Especially so when I agree with your message, which you would know if you paid any attention to the server whatsoever.

Err mah ger its like a 5 page research paper up there, not guna read any of it. ITZ 2 MUCH. No but really wave 1 boomsticks... if anything over 100 points were to be disabled at wave 1 then that would be cool. Wave 1 is the most important round to set up the game and zombies being spawn trapped at wave 1 just means well you know.

Err mah ger its like a 5 page research paper up there, not guna read any of it. ITZ 2 MUCH. No but really wave 1 boomsticks... if anything over 100 points were to be disabled at wave 1 then that would be cool. Wave 1 is the most important round to set up the game and zombies being spawn trapped at wave 1 just means well you know.

Its not research, its just an opinion.

And I wrote the main point/problem/suggestion with -'s at the beginning so people could see what was all that about.

-If you want to get me in trouble for the way I talk or my actions on the server, a very poor way to do so is to be passive aggressive about it in your topics.

-It makes you look bad, and devalues your opinion on it. Especially so when I agree with your message, which you would know if you paid any attention to the server whatsoever.

I'm not trying to cut a knife using butter. Your name is the only one I could remember (actually I read it from my other topic).

-Sorry but looking good has never been one of strengths, find a better threat.

-I never said anything about your opinion on the subject, I mentioned your, and other players (and probably admins) language and attitude, which is currently being reaffirmed by the votes on the poll.

What about preventing players from buying weapons in a certain point range depending on the current wave, and their current round points?

Wave 1 - Any weapon under 100 points can be bought, skip this if the player has already earned 100 points in the current wave.

Wave 2 - 3 - Any weapon under 200 points can be bought, skip this if the player has already earned 200 points in the current wave.

Wave 4 - 6 - No restrictions.

Probably a bad idea...

Edited by Slime
  • Like 1

You have to keep in mind half the reason people go to hg is the absolute freedom in doing whatever the hell they want, and that's why I'm somewhat opposed to restricting things past wave 2.

However, an alternate solution is to allow purchases that are no more than 4x your earned points, meaning to get a 200 point weapon you would have needed to earn 50 points, or possibly even 2x, where you would need to have earned 100 or something along those lines.

other solutions would probably be giving small speed and hp boosts to zombies in wave 1 if the human-zombie ratio is too high.

What about preventing players from buying weapons in a certain point range depending on the current wave, and their current round points?

Wave 1 - Any weapon under 100 points can be bought, skip this if the player has already earned 100 points in the current wave.

Wave 2 - 3 - Any weapon under 200 points can be bought, skip this if the player has already earned 200 points in the current wave.

Wave 4 - 6 - No restrictions.

Probably a bad idea...

Why not both?

You have to keep in mind half the reason people go to hg is the absolute freedom in doing whatever the hell they want, and that's why I'm somewhat opposed to restricting things past wave 2.

However, an alternate solution is to allow purchases that are no more than 4x your earned points, meaning to get a 200 point weapon you would have needed to earn 50 points, or possibly even 2x, where you would need to have earned 100 or something along those lines.

I like your idea.

Isn't it hypocritical to say that when players can get kicked/banned if they say anything to the admins but admins can talk s*** to the players?

Simple, nerf the guns if it becomes too annoying, even a free starter gun can get you a lot of points if you know how to use it, restricting guns wont prevent ragequits, they are mainly of people getting choosen as starting zombies.

Edited by Webflashing