Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Solo Ranked Matches

tttrevorrr

For all of you who are struggling here, for some reason I thought I was just having bad luck with my teams I was getting. If you're having problems with getting your ranking up you're most likely doing all pick. I know this because I just matched Capts. mode and draft and have won every single match since. In just a couple hours I've increased my ranking by about 150 points or so.

Anyone have problems with Capts draft or mode solo?

Does anyone have any further tips to increasing this MMR?

DotA 2 is a team game. Solo-queue is almost entirely dependent on your own ability to perform within the boundaries set by how bad your teammates are.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/623347808

I 2nd to last picked into Riki, then (knowing the rest of our composition), the last person auto-picked Drow, then AFK'd for over 5 mins in the middle of the game, then proceeded to feed because she was underfarmed.

In the meantime, I got sololane xp after my support left lane and I got free farm. Annnnnnnnnnnd then I roflstomped. 19-4, I could seriously manfight the Lifestealer and win 1v1. (Butterfly + S&Y + Diffusal = hue hue)

DotA 2 is a team game. Solo-queue is almost entirely dependent on your own ability to perform within the boundaries set by how bad your teammates are.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/623347808

I 2nd to last picked into Riki, then (knowing the rest of our composition), the last person auto-picked Drow, then AFK'd for over 5 mins in the middle of the game, then proceeded to feed because she was underfarmed.

In the meantime, I got sololane xp after my support left lane and I got free farm. Annnnnnnnnnnd then I roflstomped. 19-4, I could seriously manfight the Lifestealer and win 1v1. (Butterfly + S&Y + Diffusal = hue hue)

You like the word roflstomp way too much :P

Anyway, doing capt. draft or mode is risky because if someone of lower skill than you picks captain and the other teams best person picks capt. you are already at a disadvantage. The way to solo queue is to be extremely communicative and not get angry, offer advice/help if you see something going wrong. The minute the team starts arguing your % of winning drops to around 10% (excluding cases where there is

roflstomp'ing
occuring!) Edited by Arya Mad?