Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Urgent Help Needed! Drupal Problems.

Hey everyone, Scott here.

If you are good with troubleshooting with website development, I NEED YOUR HELP!

My friends and I built a site for my employer about a year ago and everything has been running fine. We built it using a website builder called Drupal (http://drupal.org) and they really liked it.

Recently, they asked us to make some changes/additions to the site. As we were working on it, we were running into some errors. We updated the site's core, but things are still not working for us. We try to edit pages and nothing will save. We try to make new pages and put new information on the page, it will not update! More recently, when we go into edit mode, the whole browser's screen will turn white and we have to hit the browser's back button to try again (to no avail).

We have no other options and we need to get this shit fixed. If you have ever built a website or coded before, please reply with suggestions, or we could chat in TS3 or on Steam. I am desperate.

Thank you everyone,

HG | Scott

Edited by Scott

Almost sounds like a permissions issue. I'm not familiar with drupal but assuming it's a typical CMS (like Wordpress). First thing I would do is check the drupal logs and then the logs of the webserver to see if its reporting any 4xx errors when you are modifying content.

Assuming it's similar to wordpress, do you have a custom theme built? If so, can you revert back to an out of the box theme and see if the behavior still exists?

Almost sounds like a permissions issue. I'm not familiar with drupal but assuming it's a typical CMS (like Wordpress). First thing I would do is check the drupal logs and then the logs of the webserver to see if its reporting any 4xx errors when you are modifying content.

Assuming it's similar to wordpress, do you have a custom theme built? If so, can you revert back to an out of the box theme and see if the behavior still exists?

Sirius, thanks so much for replying.

Papa John was able to help me and it was a problem regarding an outdated core. After the update, everything is working fine. Hope all is well.

Scott

• Like 1