Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Dota 2 Updates

Spooky1010

MAIN CLIENT - September 4, 2014

A new update was dispatched to the main client. This is the Techies update going live. More info will be edited in as it becomes available. |

Patch Information

Related Test Patches

Matt's Analysis

• You can check out Matt's analysis of the patch here. | Link

Economy Updates

New Bundle Store Releases

Dota TV Ticket Store Releases

Others

• Treasure of the Forged Fury did not make it to the main client. You can read more about the chest here.
  • Fantasy Season 2 Ticket did not make it to the main client yet. There's a lot of fantasy updates coming in the future though with the start of Season 2.

Portrait Updates

• Minor fixes to some of the items of the Techies Arcana set.

String Updates

• The lobby spectator restriction for full games that was added yesterday now has a better worded notification. - The game must be set to watchable while there are spectators in the lobby. Enable spectating in the Settings panel.
  • New strings for the store advertisements for the arcana, bomb crate and etc.

Fight Recap

• A work-in-progress version of the Fight Recap has been added to the game replays. | Preview
  • You can currently find them marked on the timeline on your replays. The feature is work in progress and is bound to get lots better but for now .. it's fucking amazing!

• Raw Schema: Link
  • No changelog yet.

Patch Size: 527.7 Mb

I did not make this myself, it is all taken from a person on reddit called /u/SirBelvedere.

• Like 1

MAIN CLIENT - Sepetember 4, 2014 | Update 2

Another update has been dispatched for the main client. Tiny bug fix patch mostly to address some of the issues with the main patch.. Will detail it here.

Patch Information

• The Compendium rewards seems to have gotten dispatched. | - Multi-Kill Banner, Music Pack and Techies Taunt now dispatched. Check your inventories. - via Wyk

This is what got given out:

• Multi-Kill Banner
  • Music Pack
  • Techies Taunt
  • Assured Victory Taunt

Economy Updates

New Items

• Battle Glory Kill Banner added.

Dota TV Tickets

• Battle of Central Europe Season 2 added to the store. | Store Link
  • An issue with the Dota 2 Champion's League Season 2 Ticket item has been fixed.

Others

• Fantasy Season 1 trophy pins are now expired. Instead it'll be given to you as a trophy in the Trophy Panel now.

• No changelog.

Patch Size: 19.2 Mb

I did not make this myself, it is all taken from a person on reddit called /u/SirBelvedere.

Edited by spooky

MAIN CLIENT - September 5, 2014

A new update has been dispatched for the main client. More info will be edited in as I analyze the patch

Patch Information

• Styles not working issue has been fixed. Just relog and shift the items to another slot in your armory. That should make it work.
  • Serpent Wards facing wrong direction when attacking has been fixed.
  • Compendium Level 500 Trophy not being awarded properly might be fixed too - not sure about this yet.
  • Missing effects on the courier should now be fixed.
  • The TI4 Music Pack now plays properly when the client is launched without having to re-equip it.

Economy Updates

New Items

• Rage of the Three: Disruptor Set with custom styles for the mount - NEXON Promo Set | Preview

Others

• Immortals Pride Bracers not being in the bundle that came with the Persian Gulf Cup has been fixed.
  • European Elite League September removed from the store.
  • Some backend updates to item tags of some older cosmetics.
  • Fixes to some typos in some item descriptions.

Portrait Updates

• Some minor portrait updates to some Bloodseeker off-hand cosmetics.

• No changelog yet.

Patch Size: 52 Mb

Edited by spooky

MAIN CLIENT - September 8, 2014

A new update has been dispatched for the main client. More info will be edited in as I analyze the patch.

Patch Information

• The bug with Tusk Snowball and Techies mines has been fixed.
  • The All-Hero challenge averages seems to have been fixed.

Portrait Updates

• Minor updates to the Snowl courier portrait.

Tooltip Updates

• Bundle descriptions added for Nyx Alpha Predator set, Batrider Flamestitched Suitings Set, Drow Ranger Jewel of the Forest Set
  • A typo in the description of the Assured Victory taunt has been fixed: from "beings to begins"
  • A couple of other tiny item bundle description fixes.
  • Centaur had a dead url entry his heropedia with the tag Centaur Warchief. That has been removed now.

Item Drop List Updates

Removed

• Darkness Wanderer's Armor Set
  • Webs of Perception Set
  • Stonehall Royal Guard Set

• No changelog yet

Patch Size: 29.6 Mb

Edited by spooky

MAIN CLIENT - September 11, 2014

Official Changelog:

• Gold Graph now shows Net Worth instead of gold earned

Economy Updates

New Items

• SLTV Star Series X HUD | Preview[1]
  • SLTV Star Series X Loading Screen | Preview[2]

New Dota TV Tickets

Others

• Mei Nei the Jade Rabbit Bundle now has a store entry.
  • Inventory icon for the Mei Nei Jade Rabbit Loading Screen has been fixed.
  • Kerveros the Hound of Chaos CK mount now has ambient particle effects.
  • Catastrophe CK mount now has custom particles.
  • A no contribution version has been added for the Dota 2 Champion's League Season 3 Ticket. Regular version has been removed.
  • Gyrocopter Homing Missile model tag bomb from missile.
  • Armaments of the Dragon Emperor Set has been readded to the store. The new bundle does not ship with the "Emerging Dragon Missile" in it. The missile is no longer customizable. The older missiles that people already have are made non marketable. | Store Link[9]

Item Drop List Updates

Removed

• Radiant Protector Set
  • Tentacular Timelord Set
  • Perceptive Spiderling

In-Game Item Updates

• To work with the new system - Gem, Cheese, Aegis and Rapier now have a new tag that disables them from being counted for net worth when dropped.

Workshop Updates

• Gyrocopter's Missle is no longer a loadout slot. It is now replaced with ambient effects but has been set to not show in the loadout.
  • Some Windrunner bows now updated with tags for the bowstring to sync with the workshop compatibility added earlier.

Tooltip Updates

• A minor tooltip change to the Fantasy League where the lock info now reads "New day starts at .... " instead of "Tomorrow's rosters lock at ... "

• Raw Schema: Link[10]
  • Changelog: Link[11]

Patch Size: 59.1 Mb

• 2 weeks later...

September 15, 2014

A new update has been dispatched for the main client. More info will be edited in as I analyze the patch.

IMPORTANT

NOTE: It seems like avast! is detecting the new Workshop tools patch as a virus causing it to get removed and then forcing an eventual redownload. It is a false positive. If you are using avast!, just disable or turn off protection while the patch is being downloaded. Else it will keep redownloading.

Official Changelog

Multiple Team Support

• Added support for multiple teams (up to 10) and a multiple team custom game example

Bug fixes and updates

• Fixed particle system using sprite trails where trail tint color would be applied to the wrong end
  • Added option to specify if particle rendering operators should saturate the color to white before applying alpha blending
  • Fixed exit crash when running with -tools
  • Reduced memory usage when running custom game modes and tools
  • Reduced CPU usage while playing custom games
  • Improved interpolation of cloth in high latency and packet loss situations
  • Fixed portraits not moving mouths when speaking lines
  • Fixed FBX animation files not compiling animation if there was also geometry in the file
  • Fixed material remapping and handling backslash as a path separator for a material resource
  • Fixed duplicate NPC units list in Hammer when using the reload FGD feature
  • Fixed Hammer crash when attempting to open or close a map file while loading another map
  • Fixed video settings not being applied properly
  • Added "StartTouch" output for func_physbox that fires if "touchoutputperentitydelay" greater than 0 seconds

• Additional methods have been exposed or added to the scripting system
    StartSoundEventFromPosition()
    GiveXP()
    GiveGold()
    SetCustomGameEndDelay()
    SetCustomVictoryMessageDuration()
    SetCustomHealthLabel() allowing custom labels to be drawn above the health bar
    ShowCustomHeaderMessage() to display custom header messages similar to first blood or kill streak notices

• Added team name support to GameRules:SendCustomMessage() as "%s3"

• Added script bindings for UTIL_MessageTextAll/UTIL_MessageTextAll_WithContext

• Added SetHideKillMessageHeaders() to hide kill streak and first blood messages

• Added "entindex" key to player spawn game event

• Added "dota_team_kill_credit" game event

• Added 'HideKillMessageHeaders' game event

• Added "GrantXPGold" action to data driven abilities with XPAmount:integer, GoldAmount:integer, ReliableGold:boolean, and SplitEvenly:boolean as key value pairs.

• Fixed neutral camp prefab to not need unique name

Workshop Tools Update

Here are some of the undocumented changes.

• A lot of files related to 32-bit systems and DirectX 9 support have been added. Should be coming soon!
  • Some new custom map templates for arena based gameplay, 4 lane gameplay and etc have been added.

Other Updates

• There's a few Kb of changes to the main depot too but I will need to download the files first to know the changes.

Misc Info

Opting out of the Workshop Tools

If you are not in to the tools and do not want these downloads, just do the following. The tools will be uninstalled for you.

• Right click Dota 2 in your Library > Properties > DLC and Untick the Workshop Tools DLC.

• Raw Schema: None yet.
  • Changelog: Link

Patch Size: 2 GB (Workshop Tools) or 10.9 Mb (Main Client)

ABOUT THE 2GB UPDATE:

You don't have to download it if you dont want to, just do this:

• Go to your steam library.
  • Right click on Dota 2
  • Select Properties
  • Go to the DLC tab
  • Untick "Dota 2 Workshop Tools DLC"

September 18, 2014

A new patch has been dispatched for the main client. More info will be edited in as I analyze the patch.

Official Changelog

• Fixed shutdown crash
  • Fixed crash when loading and combining wearable items that had no model
  • Fixed crash in IsValidTeamPlayer
  • Fixed crash on connection after "CL: Receiving uncompressed update from server" message
  • Fixed missing particle systems in Asset Browser
  • Updated Multi-Team Example addon to make team assignment more robust

Patch Information

• It is a Workshop Tools update. No official changelog yet.
  • Basic Radiant Waterfall tileset seems to have been added. | Preview
  • An issue with the Asset Viewer seems to have been fixed.
  • Possible fix to a CTD caused by tree placement in tile edit mode.

Economy Updates

Others

• The Summit 1 has now been made a no contribution ticket.

Item Drop List Updates

Removed

• Bobusang's Traveling Necessities Set
  • Jini the Bright Moon Set
  • Yuwipi Set
  • Nether Lord's Regalia Set
  • Shadow Hunter Set
  • Ember Crane Set

Patch Size 77.4 Mb (Workshop Tools), 20.8 Mb (Normal)