Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hour Of Code

• 6 months later...

I have tried some of those programming websites they have never really helped me much I don't guess. I learned some python relatively easy just from going through this text I found online and messing around moding the codes. Getting a little bit of the experience with the code and then going through and changing it and making it do different things is the easiest way to get good at it I believe.

I have tried some of those programming websites they have never really helped me much I don't guess. I learned some python relatively easy just from going through this text I found online and messing around moding the codes. Getting a little bit of the experience with the code and then going through and changing it and making it do different things is the easiest way to get good at it I believe.

Just about. Only way to get better is keep trying and making better things.

Practice makes perfect.

I recommend Codingbat. It tests your skills based on different things.

Try thenewboston or just search for youtube videos for your favorite languages. After learning the basics, is all about practicing.

If you want to improve the basics on python and also get to know different libraries, I highly recommend you to play The Python Challenge!

Also, I can help you out if you have any questions. Just PM me :D

Edited by Dreamy

I've personally been using a mixture of codeacademy as well as some mobile applications on android that work with YouTube videos with breaks that give comprehension based questions such as filling in blanks in code or asking about which of these are true.

I've personally been using a mixture of codeacademy as well as some mobile applications on android that work with YouTube videos with breaks that give comprehension based questions such as filling in blanks in code or asking about which of these are true.

Those apps are actually quite decent. In my case I always prefer to just watch videos with a compiler around so I can kind of copy what I'm learning and also play around with the algorithms.

After you learn the basics, practice is the next step for which I recommend:

Project Euler: Math problems to solve programming.

Python Challenge: Good variety of problems mainly for Python and Python's libraries but solvable with almost any language.

Hacker Rank: Really huge amount of problems. Nice interface where you can test your algorithms directly with their compiler.

• Like 1