Quantcast

Welcome to HeLLsGamers

Welcome to HeLLsGamers, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of HeLLsGamers by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

That's great! More people need to learn how to code. I personally believe in 5-10 years, coding will be just as relevant as math and English in school.

For those who don't know what this is http://hourofcode.com/

Some of the tutorials don't really seem like actual coding kinda like Ethan said. I recommend the codeacademy and khan academy ones, since those are the only ones that I have tried that are actual coding.

• Like 1

Awards

Really, the coding that they try to introduce is just watered-down scripting. It's much more educational to pull up Terminal in Linux/MAC or whatever you want to use or just mess with an IDE.

• Like 1

Awards

Some people need to start with hourofcode.com

It helps a lot, it is very basic and simple scripts. It gets people interested into it, and gets people into it

I have tried some of those programming websites they have never really helped me much I don't guess. I learned some python relatively easy just from going through this text I found online and messing around moding the codes. Getting a little bit of the experience with the code and then going through and changing it and making it do different things is the easiest way to get good at it I believe.

Awards

I have tried some of those programming websites they have never really helped me much I don't guess. I learned some python relatively easy just from going through this text I found online and messing around moding the codes. Getting a little bit of the experience with the code and then going through and changing it and making it do different things is the easiest way to get good at it I believe.

Just about. Only way to get better is keep trying and making better things.

Practice makes perfect.

I recommend Codingbat. It tests your skills based on different things.

Try thenewboston or just search for youtube videos for your favorite languages. After learning the basics, is all about practicing.

If you want to improve the basics on python and also get to know different libraries, I highly recommend you to play The Python Challenge!

Also, I can help you out if you have any questions. Just PM me You must login to view images./uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" />

Edited by Dreamy

Their was one like 4 months ago and I was chosen. If I get chosen in school I'll do it

I've personally been using a mixture of codeacademy as well as some mobile applications on android that work with YouTube videos with breaks that give comprehension based questions such as filling in blanks in code or asking about which of these are true.

Awards

I've personally been using a mixture of codeacademy as well as some mobile applications on android that work with YouTube videos with breaks that give comprehension based questions such as filling in blanks in code or asking about which of these are true.

Those apps are actually quite decent. In my case I always prefer to just watch videos with a compiler around so I can kind of copy what I'm learning and also play around with the algorithms.

After you learn the basics, practice is the next step for which I recommend:

Project Euler: Math problems to solve programming.

Python Challenge: Good variety of problems mainly for Python and Python's libraries but solvable with almost any language.

Hacker Rank: Really huge amount of problems. Nice interface where you can test your algorithms directly with their compiler.

• Like 1