Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cs:go Jailbreak Update 15 : What Would You Like To See?

Hi Gangs and Guards, your resident architect SKay here.

Summer is right around the corner! Hooray for all the children that we will cuddle.....I mean keep as pets in our oppressive environment!

On a more serious note, lets talk about the map itself and what Update 15 will be bringing to the table.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Content

As you might guess, an update usually brings content (well except for update 13 which was a reverse engineering and a rescue update) so we're going to be adding content.

What content you may ask? Well some of it is driven by myself, some of it will be driven by you, the user.

Now is your chance to say what YOU want in the map! If you have a good idea, put it in this thread as a reply and explain the idea and why you think it should be added!

The content I will be creating will stay mostly unknown until it's really ready.

However, there are a few things that I can disclose since they will (most likely) be in the next update :

Slide

Update 14 was MEANT to have this, but since the idea took so long to actually get down on paper, let alone in hammer, it was pushed back to this update. Hopefully this time around I can actually get to implementing it!

Area Names

This is one that I am really excited about. While not requested by many, it is one that I think is very important. Jailbreak currently has no area indication so no-one knows where callouts come from, where people are or what places they are in (if they're new to Jailbreak)

What area names aims to do is to implement area names into the HUD, just like area's like Long A show up in the top left hand corner of your HUD when you go down it in Dust II, so people know where they are etc.

Other spooky stuff that you SHALL NOT KNOW

And of course user content

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fixes

Cue the obligatory "You still gotta fix your shit m8"

Yes I know there are a few dodgy bits with the map like the non-insta weapon pickup. I'll get around to fixing it once I get this update under way.

Changes

To the surprise of many, this update will be mostly driven by change. Not the quid left in your back pocket, rather switching things for better things!

Quite a lot of the jail will be getting a look at. While quite a lot of it got a visual facelift when I made use of the updated Train textures so handedly given to us by good 'ol Volvo, it still feels old to me. Props will change, brushes will move and in some cases areas will change in their entirety.

One area that I feel I can disclose is our old friend Blue Room, who never ceases to be changed over the years.

In it's current state, Blue Room is like that huge annoyance. It's bad for CT's and it's a huge advantage to T's. It's caused quite a lot of rule breaking (by accident or otherwise) and in general just doesn't do gameplay very well, especially when the lead isn't great.

Blue Room will cease to be in it's current form, and will expand into something much much better and will be a lot better for gameplay. It won't be the absolute best solution, but will bring it in line to what I want it to be; good game play so fun can be had as much as possible.

Another thing that will be changed is Armoury and Connector (area of land outside JJK room)

Armoury will be changed to become more interactive (sirens for CT's etc.) and will inject more fun and give the CT's somewhat of a fighting chance. I mean it when I say "a fighting chance" since even though CT's got a buff through the map on the last update, they're still only winning roughly 25% of the rounds PROPERLY. I mean getting to LR, not running out of time or any of that nonsense.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More to come as it's finalized somewhat.

TL;DR : Give your suggestions as to what you'd want to see in the next update for Jailbreak!

REMEMBER THAT NOTHING IS FINAL. EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

• Like 2

I want obs race fixed, as well as the fact that CTs can still easily hit the obs button, as well as the light to work when a T is in LP room.

One area that I feel I can disclose is our old friend Blue Room, who never ceases to be changed over the years.

In it's current state, Blue Room is like that huge annoyance. It's bad for CT's and it's a huge advantage to T's. It's caused quite a lot of rule breaking (by accident or otherwise) and in general just doesn't do gameplay very well, especially when the lead isn't great.

Blue Room will cease to be in it's current form, and will expand into something much much better and will be a lot better for gameplay. It won't be the absolute best solution, but will bring it in line to what I want it to be; good game play so fun can be had as much as possible.

I want slide and more texture changes (bigcage/etc)

slide isnt hard, just copy and paste it like salsa did

http://prntscr.com/7d9h0w

This will be a disco room that only allows one teleport per round. The teleport would be a secret for a while which would play only a select few songs(2-3) that can only be heard near the room. The addition will not interfere with jump contest or the lavaday jump to left jump contest pillar.

http://prntscr.com/7d9hmb

http://prntscr.com/7d9hwh

Extend the five-seven room to obs race with a catwalk so that its not some useless room with a logo.

Diving board in pool. Still dont understand why this was declined before.

http://prntscr.com/7d9j46

3rd button that makes some of the objects in hurdles move much like race

http://prntscr.com/7d9jfz

Revert to the old ladder, none of this pussy ladder business

http://prntscr.com/7d9jt4

More legible rules/regulations picture as we are updating textures to look different(gfx team yo)

http://prntscr.com/7d9kf2

Add ladder because I hate not being able to get up there. Also helps eliminate players who get caught by a leads order to get on hurdles controls when they are at 3rd archway and close to the Ts

Edited by Burnt
updated
  • Like 3

biggest -1 of my life.

• Like 3

biggest -1 of my life.

REMEMBER THAT NOTHING IS FINAL. EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

It's all subject to change :P This is all preliminary planned.

I should explain what will change in Blue Room :

The entrances will be opened up and the inside changed to allow for more space (the basic layout and where it is will remain the same) it'll lower baiting and all random types of shit that go on in that room.

Couple of things in my bucket list that I would like to point out.

WHAT TO FIX:

• Obs Race seems REALLY easy to cheat. Once one side wins, the doors don't close fast enough and the T's who were "suppose" to die are able to escape. Some simple way to open the doors manually can seem like a option or just simply closing the doors within a 5-10 second timer after the doors ope
  • The vents in Obs Race can still be "exploited" by being stuck in there. Not sure if intentional but please give it a look.
  • Dodgeball seems to be a VERY underrated "room". People complain that it doesn't work, etc. Maybe adding a solid wall between the middle would help distinguish sides.

WHAT TO ADD/REMOVE:

• The room above Dodge seems like it can be tweaked. Maybe making it a "entertainment room" or along those lines would spice it up a bit.
  • Adding a diving board to CS:GO's heart-shaped pool seems like a good idea since people actually wanna do days in there (ex. Opinionated Dive/Swan Day)
  • Is it possible to be ABOVE blue room where the CTs can go and look at them looking down without risk of baiting?
  • Extending the catwalk in Obs that connects to Hurdle's roof.
  • Is it possible to make Obs random? Like one round it will be normal obs then the next round another different "set" of obs? Adding this might make obs more challenging.

I ALSO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING BURNT SAYS THANKS FOR TYPING IT UP

• Like 1

Change suggestions:

Blue room should stay as it is in it's current formm, in my opinion. One thing I feel could be changed without changing tooo much, would be to change the vent entrance to a secret breakable wall entrance, like upper VIP.

FIX:

Make the top of the bigcage impenetrable

+1 to this. I recall once accidentally killing a T inside of big cage while doing an opinionated day. I ended up wallbang-headshotting a T inside of big cage, while I was only supposed to kill the T on big cage sign.

Addition suggestions:

I think a surf LR would be really cool, not an insanly intense surf track, but something average. The track would be located outside the map, so it would only be accesible through LR.

I don't know if this is possible, as I don't know what settings (airacceleration, acceleration etc.) the server runs on.

Edited by Torpedo Hippo

What I Would Like to See:

Disco Room -

Disco Room provides a fun place for 300 days/wardays and it'd be nice to stop ALT TABBING every time uses the disco command (because black textures suck as much as Karma).

One song that should be in the Disco Room -

Blue Room -

Blue Room in it's current state is flawed in the fact that CT's easily bait T's (but then again that's their own fault).

Blue room SHOULD NOT be removed instead tweaked a little, this could be done in terms of making an area where CT's can see the T's from above.

• Like 3

Let me clarify on what is going on with Blue Room :

Blue Room was never ever going to be removed. It just wouldn't be correct to do so. Blue Room edits were to be planned as follows :

• Widen hallways and lengthen/shorten bits to prevent/reduce baiting
  • Provide clear entrances and places for CT's to look at the T's without baiting.
  • General Gameplay tweaks.

Before this thread was created. Now that I've gotten some feedback, I will be compiling a semi-final changelog for the upcoming update.

Note : The invunerable Big Cage roof and the problem with the entrance to the Obs Race course has already been completed.

Okay let me clear this up before we find more useless posts on this thread. This is a suggestion thread for the MAP. Not premium, not menu options, and not new LRs. The only thing you may ask for is new map areas that could be used for an LR or daily things. Thats the only reason you should have LR in your post. Keep the good suggestions up, I have hidden or edited the poor ones that did not go along with this post.