Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Official Map Suggestion Thread

zs_rainbow_orb _island_v1

https://www.mediafir...orbislandv1.rar

well here it is again with the following changes:

-cut the map basically in half and removed or cut the mansion, church, wooden house, and the mushroom house.

-moved the store around to accommodate the smaller size

-fixed some textures that flicker from light by replacing them such as the road and library.

-added tons of player clips and hints. Player clips should make the map feel much less open and the hints should hopefully add the optimization for the map.

-improved the skybox abit.

-added a bit more detail to the map, cars on the streets among other things.

Hopefully the map isn't still too big or has lag issues otherwise I might have to start removing stuff again starting with the foliage pack.

Holy fuck this map need 7, 8 waves, you should remove all these massive grass props and foliage useless and much more inside building that affect a lot FPS drop also HGZS is really sensitive for everything about a map I count 3710 entities on client that can maybe create client crash on loading map or something else

Looping music is unneeded for zs when people play 50 time the map its tired

Edited by Trazix

zs_rainbow_orb_island_v1a

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c0t8bkwa4hgeby4/zsrainboworbisland3.rar

back again and this one compiled pretty fast so i'm placing high hopes on this fix otherwise, this might go up till v1z.

-cut the store, the foliage pack with all the grass and trees and just used the default trees but not too much.

-changed some textures around again

-changed the 3d skybox again

-replaced the loop with another song thats one minute long in the beginning with no loop.

-added just a bit more detail but deleted some other things as well.

• 2 weeks later...

zs_rainbow_orb_island_v1a

https://www.mediafir...worbisland3.rar

back again and this one compiled pretty fast so i'm placing high hopes on this fix otherwise, this might go up till v1z.

-cut the store, the foliage pack with all the grass and trees and just used the default trees but not too much.

-changed some textures around again

-changed the 3d skybox again

-replaced the loop with another song thats one minute long in the beginning with no loop.

-added just a bit more detail but deleted some other things as well.

If possible, I would like to have a chat with you on our Teamspeak about your map. I have some concerns/questions and would like to properly go over it all without having to use thread replies. I'm usually on daily so feel free to hit me up on TS whenever.

• 1 month later...

zs_riften_v4

https://www.mediafire.com/file/do5d1cc1atfor7m/zs_riften_v4.bsp

Yet again riften got removed and I was told to "put some other map". Nuh uh, not gonna happen. I'm not giving up yet. Let this be the last attempt to make the players appreciate my masterpiece! ;)

- Night theme removed, reducing filesize and giving me a chance at making better environmental lightning

- Lightning, skybox and some textures reworked

- Zombie spawn moved further away so humans have slightly more time to be lost in the map

- Level design edited to fit the hgzs gaming experience (windows blocked, cading places reworked to be more human sided)

- More door props for those piano cades!

• 1 month later...