Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Is The Best Camera Out Right Now?

BOSCH

Well this question has many answers. I will answer with my favorite camera at the moment. There are of course better cameras out now, however I am currently using and very partial to the Sony RX 100 mark II. Amazing ability for such a pocketable camera. Almost DSLR quality, it is my go-to camera, and I really struggle now to find uses for my DSLR (which is a Sony A500).

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, now I'm thinking of replacing my DSLR and am actually looking for opinions on a good mid range one. I am also contemplating switching brands to Nikon as the 7200 or the step down 5500 are appealing. The competing Sony one in that range is the 77 mark 2, however the battery life on that appears to be less than stellar. I've never been a huge Canon fan however the 70D is also a nice camera. We'll see how this goes and I will update on my decision, however I would like any feedback as well on brands etc.

Thanks!!

Funny, now I'm thinking of replacing my DSLR and am actually looking for opinions on a good mid range one. I am also contemplating switching brands to Nikon as the 7200 or the step down 5500 are appealing. The competing Sony one in that range is the 77 mark 2, however the battery life on that appears to be less than stellar. I've never been a huge Canon fan however the 70D is also a nice camera. We'll see how this goes and I will update on my decision, however I would like any feedback as well on brands etc.

Thanks!!

I am a die hard Canon fan but my father in law is just as die hard a Nikon fan. I like his camera, it does everything it needs to do for him but for some reason, I am just stuck on the Canon brand. I've got two digital rebels (T5 and xti) but am seriously considering picking up a 5d mark iii. I have a good friend that loaned me his for a weekend and the camera is amazing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I ended up going with the Sony a77m2. Solid piece of kit along with the fantastic 16-50 2.8 SSM lens. I will update later with some test shots. Also grabbed a HVL-F43M flash my first time with a dedicated flash unit so this should be fun to play with. Waiting for my Vanguard tripod to arrive hopefully on Monday. Fun times!