Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Excessive Ping & Server Lag

Hey Killer, as i recall the servers are set to the stock 400 ping limit. around there the server automatically kicks them, but kicking them on your own might be grounds for admin abuse reports. let me have a chat with Leadership and see if we might be able to get the ping auto kick lowered.

Hey Killer, as i recall the servers are set to the stock 400 ping limit. around there the server automatically kicks them, but kicking them on your own might be grounds for admin abuse reports. let me have a chat with Leadership and see if we might be able to get the ping auto kick lowered.

Jackie (chan) Cooler moved out of the country, his latency is 300+ consistently, and he is somehow getting kills that don't make sense. A group of players were complaining about it the other day.

I've seen this before with some other players.

I don't think he's hacking, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jackie (chan) Cooler moved out of the country, his latency is 300+ consistently, and he is somehow getting kills that don't make sense. A group of players were complaining about it the other day.

I've seen this before with some other players.

I don't think he's hacking, but I could be wrong.

I've wondered about Jackie (chan) cooler as well. To me I don't see how he can be so accurate and have the reflex of someone with a ping of 40. Something is off for sure.

If his lag is disrupting server game play you can kick him from the server. It's probably time for us to adjust the ping kick system and lower the acceptable amount of latency allowed.

I would recommend setting the ping-kick to 300ms, as someone said, currently the server is not auto-kicking even at 400 ms.

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioNâ„¢

hai guys i play as nope / dindu_nuffin on crackhouse server quite a bit, im sure some of you have seen me in there. I moved to New Zealand so I ping around 230 in the server.

recently donated and got VIP.

getting auto kicked now for 230ms :(

Sorry about that, we just added the plugin yesterday and decided 200 would be high enough. I've never really been for having a ping limit in DM since I know we have a couple players from outside of the US that like playing here just fine with a high ping and while a high ping doesn't actually affect other players connections or lag them it does make it harder for them to shoot someone with a high ping because it looks like they're skipping all over the place. I've never seen someone with 400 ping at the top of the score board with a good kd before so I don't actually think its that big of a deal. At least we didn't leave it at the default of 150, but I'll bump up the max to 300 after work.

Edit: Max ping updated, bumped up to 300 max.

Edited by DIAMELO
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...