Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hg Event Management Idea

DirtyDNA

star_big.png

POPULAR

Hello everybody some of you may know me, some of you may not. Anyways. I've been around since 2010 and I was in leadership for over four years. In though that time, I was Event manager, Advisor, and Division Leader. Out of all those roles, my favourite was Event Manager hands down. I think that Hellsgamers is missing out on a huge opportunity to give advisors a break from stressing over events. I know when I was advisor our dl's set 2 events per month minimum for the division which was great. We came up with tonnes of events, but eventually ran out of ideas and didn't want to repeat the successful few over and over. What I am proposing is that Hellsgamers does one of two things, either set up an event manager role and have no division they focus on so that events don't have to be in one specific game and therefore eventually running our of ideas again. Or set up an "Event Management Division" and have it similar to another division but they strictly hand events and therefore giving a more organized way for events to be communicated, and a better process of running events successfully. If anyone would like any more information or just want me to clarify feel free to ask any questions here.

• Like 16

Did I hear strat event manager?

I think event manager does events for ALL divisions...

and to expand on that, there are few better for the job than dirty, he has experience in LoL for strat, was a gmod dL for a long time, played css servers back in the day and has csgo. idk about tf2 but theyre scrubs anyways

Edited by FoxHound
  • Like 2

All of you need to take a look at the calendar and look in the decline in events over the past 2 years. We see less and less events popping up. If anything, events should be a major priority if we want to come back from this state we are in. Events are what bring players all over together for a couple hours (Leadership vs. Members, GMOD vs CS:S, ARAM Mondays, etc...). And if you're gonna claim that these people become lazy, then set requirements for them, if they don't come through, then they are not suited for the position. I +1 this, whats to lose at this point honestly.

• Like 5

It should be brought back, it was a good spot back then. It just needs to be a little different from before. When we had this last time event managers were basically above advisors, which caused some tension. They said event managers only had to handle events but instead it seemed like they were going around trying to over rule advisors. It was confusing, if it comes back they should just stick to events. They should not be allowed to handle recruit apps or bans, or if they do get that authority they should be below advisors.

• Like 1

+1

Would like to see more events across divisions that don't usually do them.

(Strategy (sorry Jaspaa, we tried) and Garrys Mod.)

I can easily handle Strategy. If any of the leadership is interested, I can get some tournaments set up with prizes, of course.

I think event manager does events for ALL divisions...

and to expand on that, there are few better for the job than dirty, he has experience in LoL for strat, was a gmod dL for a long time, played css servers back in the day and has csgo. idk about tf2 but theyre scrubs anyways

I can easily handle Strategy. If any of the leadership is interested, I can get some tournaments set up with prizes, of course.

Can someone clarify on whether event manager is universal or single div? As I said people like dirty are perfect because they can make events for multiple divisions.

Can someone clarify on whether event manager is universal or single div? As I said people like dirty are perfect because they can make events for multiple divisions.

While nothing is official yet, it would be better if they had an assigned division, othewise it would be like the directors, where they 'aren't part of any divison' but technically they are and they focus on it.

sounds awesome, +1. would there be any use in trying to plan events that are suitable for american and european time zones as well though?

Yeah, when we used to do events, I remember we would always try to select a neutral time that would work out for the most people at once. Unfortunately with amount of people we have here, and how spread they all are across the globe it makes this harder to accomplish. But I (would like to) assure you that they would try their best to make these events as well timed as possible.

As Evolution said, there is no official answers or decisions on what is happening with this yet. But I would almost prefer to see them NOT have a division as this is what may be limiting our current advisors creativity. When the posistion was available we did not have divisions yet, which led to tonnes of ideas for tonnes of games. Just in the short time of about 6months that I was event manager, before it was removed, I had done events in: TF2, Several GMOD, CSS, and even some MMO's

• Like 1

It should be brought back, it was a good spot back then. It just needs to be a little different from before. When we had this last time event managers were basically above advisors, which caused some tension. They said event managers only had to handle events but instead it seemed like they were going around trying to over rule advisors. It was confusing, if it comes back they should just stick to events. They should not be allowed to handle recruit apps or bans, or if they do get that authority they should be below advisors.

I think you may be confused and/or mixing up two roles. We had "Division Manager", which was above division advisor and they could do all advisors could, with the exception of events which they were privileged with. The other role, was just straight up "Event Manager" which was around during the time of "Application Moderator" "Staff/Upper Staff". Before divisions and what not came into play. That being said, this WAS before divisions so it could be understood that the managers would definitely be below our current staff, but whether they fall under a specific division or just as an "Event Manager".