Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A New Pc For Me

Ataxylon

I've realized it's time for me to get a new PC, as the laptop I've had for a few years is starting to go down in performance, and I'd like to invest in a desktop for once. I also don't really have a preference on how nice the Case looks. It just needs to work.

Here is my info

1. Budget

Between $500-$750

2. Brand preferences

No preference, I just want a good computer

3. What do you plan to do with the machine?

Play Video Games, including Triple A titles - Namely Fallout 4 - and browse the internet. I don't want a Pc that can run Ultra settings on every game ever, I just want something in the middle that can run games well with decent graphics.

4. Is there a place where you'd like to get the parts from?

Nowhere specific

5. What parts (if any) do you have already that you don't need upgraded?

6. Do you plan to overlock?

7. Do you have an OS (e.g. Windows) that you can use for this computer?

Yes, Windows

I've already got an idea together over at pcpartpicker, built by me with the help of my Animation/Pc Maintenance teacher. He knows my budget and what I want it to do, and he's put together this idea

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/GameboyRoberts/saved/ZvJcCJ

I just want some input on this, to see if anything needs editing, replacing, changing, etc. Thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pvsJjX

eh i mean its not the greatest build but i just threw it together in my spare time im sure you could fine tune this but it will give you an idea where to start. also this build assumes youll be upgrading in the sort-of-soon future

Do you know if there is a Sound Card built into the motherboard? Also, how does mine compare? Yours has all the necessary components and the prices are similar, so yours is something to consider if mine isn't quite enough.

Do you know if there is a Sound Card built into the motherboard? Also, how does mine compare? Yours has all the necessary components and the prices are similar, so yours is something to consider if mine isn't quite enough.

For the motherboard in inc's build, Newegg shows that it has on-board audio. Your original build has a worse CPU, and the NVIDIA GPU on inc's build is also slightly better than the 380 4GB imo. However, note that in inc's build you're going from a 1TB to 500GB HDD, and there isn't a CPU cooler. You shouldn't need a cooler with that build unless you plan to overclock, though. The RAM in inc's build is also better than that in your original build.

For the motherboard in inc's build, Newegg shows that it has on-board audio. Your original build has a worse CPU, and the NVIDIA GPU on inc's build is also slightly better than the 380 4GB imo. However, note that in inc's build you're going from a 1TB to 500GB HDD, and there isn't a CPU cooler. You shouldn't need a cooler with that build unless you plan to overclock, though. The RAM in inc's build is also better than that in your original build.

The GPU did come with a fan though, unless that wouldn't count as CPU cooler

I'm (obviously) not overly knowledgeable when it comes to this type of thing, so it's probably unrelated. Overclocking is also not on my agenda. I realize it maximizes performance, but if what's listed is good, that don't be necessary.

Edited by HalfLifeGuy

I'm (obviously) not overly knowledgeable when it comes to this type of thing, so it's probably unrelated. Overclocking is also not on my agenda. I realize it maximizes performance, but if what's listed is good, that don't be necessary.

GPU and CPU are entirely different, as are their fans/coolers. With an Intel CPU you should only need a better-than-stock cooler if you plan on overclocking. If you don't for whatever reason, then it really isn't anything to bother with.

Not going to lie man i had the same budget and mine was about 700$ i picked up the cyberpowerpc amd edition pre built and it runs just fine. I highly suggest cyberpower if you are wanting a lower end gaming pc

Building your own > pre-built. Its cheaper and, in my opinion, good to know how everything in your computer is situated and such, as well as a very good learning experience for the future. I was nervous building mine as well, but with all the videos, guides, etc., available on the internet, you really have to try to screw something up.

GPU and CPU are entirely different, as are their fans/coolers. With an Intel CPU you should only need a better-than-stock cooler if you plan on overclocking. If you don't for whatever reason, then it really isn't anything to bother with.

Building your own > pre-built. Its cheaper and, in my opinion, good to know how everything in your computer is situated and such, as well as a very good learning experience for the future. I was nervous building mine as well, but with all the videos, guides, etc., available on the internet, you really have to try to screw something up.

There's actually some pretty good deals on those prebuilt site if you catch them at the right time, especially for lower budget. Anything higher then 600 and it's a waste. I think cyber power is giving black widows with every pc purchase.

cpu includes a stock cooler which if you're not planning on overclockinging should probably do the trick

edit: also your build looks fine, just drop the aftermarket cpu cooler unless you plan on overclocking, save 30 bucks

Edited by inc