Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Server Downloads And Issues Connecting To The Server

Ataxylon

First off, I'm going to say this isn't a problem with my home wifi or even my computer. Those are fine, and normally when I'm in the server, my ping is decently low and I experience very few issues with low framerate or lag. However - one issue I am experiencing is connecting to the server and getting on.

As some of you may know, I have quite a bit of time put into this server, meaning I should have basically all the maps and addons already in my system, so there should be no reason for me to have issues getting into the server quickly. But I do, which is why I'm starting this thread.

Almost every time I connect, I have to go through the annoyingly slow process of "Downloading the map" and downloading some other stuff in the background. Once that's all done, it takes another ~20 seconds to send client info and actually get into the server. Of course, since I spent so long in the loading screen, by the time I'm properly connected, the countdown timer either has like 5 or 10 seconds left on it or we're already in Wave 1, so I'm basically always a default zombie. I wouldn't bring this up if it hadn't happened for the last several maps, and it's really starting to get annoying now.

My main question is - Is there some kind of official HG map/addon pack for the server so I don't have to wait so long in the loading screens? I so, it'd be cool. If not, well maybe something like it could be put together and published to make it easier for everyone. Thanks.

Edited by HalfLifeGuy

Okay, so I might have fixed it.

Uninstalled a shit ton of addons, like a bunch of custom maps that I don't play anymore, a lot of car addons, and various other things.

Usually it takes me a long time to launch Garry's Mod and get to the main menu, and then it takes another long time to connect to this server, but the speed at which I've done both o those since the uninstalls has been significantly shortened. Seems to have worked, hope it stays this way.