Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Upgraded To A Gtx 1070

Rezonate

Just upgraded my Asus Strix GTX 960 2 GB to a Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition. Wow what a huge card, it dwarfs my 960. I ran a few benchmarks and in-game tests and wow what a difference for me! I can finally play minesweeper!

Seriously though this was a fantastic upgrade, maybe not the best of times to do it right when they launch but hey I could do it and do not regret it. This card will last me a while and will get me into the VR game when I make that jump. Any game in the foreseeable future I should have no problem running at decent settings.

I will try to upload some pics of it in my rig when I get them off my camera.

Have a good one guys thanks for reading. I was just excited to share my new upgrade. :)

I currently have the GTX 980 Ti. It's running very nicely - but I personally believe you should have saved up for the 1080 release. Especially if you're purchasing the founders edition of a graphics card, it will cost more. When the 1080 releases officially it should cost less than it is currently available for.

The 1070 should do just fine for a few years. Take advantage of the VR power!

Edited by The Governor

I currently have the GTX 980 Ti. It's running very nicely - but I personally believe you should have saved up for the 1080 release. Especially if you're purchasing the founders edition of a graphics card, it will cost more. When the 1080 releases officially it should cost less than it is currently available for.

The 1070 should do just fine for a few years. Take advantage of the VR power!

Thanks I'm happy with the 1070 for now. For me that is a huge upgrade and even beyond what I thought I would get. The 1080 is beyond my means and is crazy expensive in Canada. However I'm happy for those that can afford one! Enjoy being part of the elite club... for now until the Titan is released.

The 1070 is a great deal for very good performance. However, you could've waited for AMD to release the RX 480, since the 480 is said to have the power of a 980 for only 200$, and I doubt AMD will do any downgrading of the preview prototype. Anyways, you made a good choice, I would've definitely bought that card if my budget was higher :) Have fun with it! :D