Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

About The Afk System....

EngineTrap

The Afk system is great and it does help me a lot when my shitty internet lags and I cant join in time, but recently its being going insane with the amount of people that do it.

Literally more than half the server does it and to be honest its getting out of control.

As a mod I cant afk at all so 7/10 times I end up becoming zombie when even tho im as far away from the spawn as possible.

This is not an isolated case either, I have heard a lot of complains of people not being able to go human because other 30 people are doing the exploit.

My solution? Make the afk system a one time thing only by making you afk when you join, this way people that choose their loadout will get unmarked as afk thus solving the issue.

This also allows that only the true afk people remain afk and solves a lot of the op spots you could reach and easily cade by using the exploit to avoid being chosen as a zombie.

I hope you take in mind this and we can all find a solution to end this issue.

Thanks for your time. :)

• Like 3

I did this for a long time and nobody complained.

Why even call it an exploit?

because its not one or two people doing it, its half the server and its really annoying to not even get the chance of being human even tho you were at the spot with everybody, this causes a lot of ragequits and generally kills the game because there are no zombies at all on the early rounds.

why are ya so sure about half of the server is currently exploiting? is our global economy and internet quality skyrocketed such that everyone are getting optic fiber and absolutely beast computers because we have less trading regulations between nations and more sweet sweatshops overseas?

hell I'm forced to play on a damn tablet laptop hybrid crap after losing my desktop, and is really thankful of the system saving me from being zombie 24/7 because 24/7 autistic survival alone is bad enough

take better look at how many people are still standing there waiting for zombies to chew their flesh because they actually load slower...

In case you didn't notice, this post is questioning the claim of half the server exploiting rather than to discourage any improvements in the system.

Lets be clear about something, exploiting isn't allowed. If you can prove that someone is exploiting said system you can always warn and ban. As a mod, you should make sure ppl aren't exploiting. Consider it an exploit until it gets either replaced or fixed.

This is true, but I do understand the responsibility put on the mod to "Prove someone is not afk"

Though I do agree with the suggestion "If someone chooses a loadout they are no longer marked as afk until round starts. Gives people an choice, random weps or the loadout you want.

Edited by Adam Cole
  • Like 1

This is true, but I do understand the responsibility put on the mod to "Prove someone is not afk"

Though I do agree with the suggestion "If someone chooses a loadout they are no longer marked as afk until round starts. Gives people an choice, random weps or the loadout you want.

That doesn't matter if they pick their loadout, people can wait it out for the wave to start when they AFK mode because there is feature to make your loadout to be default, meaning that whatever you didn't pick with or didn't have time to pick, your loadout that is default is what you get.

That doesn't matter if they pick their loadout, people can wait it out for the wave to start when they AFK mode because there is feature to make your loadout to be default, meaning that whatever you didn't pick with or didn't have time to pick, your loadout that is default is what you get.

And what do you suggest to fix this problem? Besides removing the afk system entirely.

Edited by Adam Cole

why are ya so sure about half of the server is currently exploiting? is our global economy and internet quality skyrocketed such that everyone are getting optic fiber and absolutely beast computers because we have less trading regulations between nations and more sweet sweatshops overseas?

hell I'm forced to play on a damn tablet laptop hybrid crap after losing my desktop, and is really thankful of the system saving me from being zombie 24/7 because 24/7 autistic survival alone is bad enough

take better look at how many people are still standing there waiting for zombies to chew their flesh because they actually load slower...

In case you didn't notice, this post is questioning the claim of half the server exploiting rather than to discourage any improvements in the system.

Im pretty sure not exactly half the server. but a shitton of people are doing it. It takes literally more than 50% of the people in the server for you to be in the exact spot as everyone is and be as far away as everyone and still get picked as a zombie, even if you're crouching/ jumping (depends on if the spawn is below or above your height.)

Lets be clear about something, exploiting isn't allowed. If you can prove that someone is exploiting said system you can always warn and ban. As a mod, you should make sure ppl aren't exploiting. Consider it an exploit until it gets either replaced or fixed.

I agree with you, and I have warned tons of people for it but adam has a point. Its extremely hard to pin down people that are doing the afk thing as an exploit.

I mean there are some very clear obvious cases like someone going behind or extremely near the z spawn and not getting chosen or things like that, but generally people just go with all the other bunch of humans and then go afk which apart from being an asshole move it makes it completely impossible to see them doing the exploit.

I will try my best to pin down as many people as I can but I do hope we all find a solution for this.

I agree with you, and I have warned tons of people for it but adam has a point. Its extremely hard to pin down people that are doing the afk thing as an exploit.

I mean there are some very clear obvious cases like someone going behind or extremely near the z spawn and not getting chosen or things like that, but generally people just go with all the other bunch of humans and then go afk which apart from being an asshole move it makes it completely impossible to see them doing the exploit.

I will try my best to pin down as many people as I can but I do hope we all find a solution for this.

That is a good point. Well, hopefully it can be fixed somehow.