Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Jailbreak Server Feedback

NerfedMedic

Hey team,

Yesterday, some people had some input about the jailbreak server being dead/stale lately, and I wanted to give some feedback and analysis as to why I think it may be, and offer some solutions. I want to preface this with this will be long, and this will not be a "just add new portions of the map to the game" because that won't solve anything in the long term.

First what I did was break down what portions of the map are used most frequently when leads go through their days. I've provided a picture below, ignore the names, I just took a screenshot cause I'm lazy.

post-34785-0-84083800-1473266006_thumb.jpg

While some people like to lead people to 300/Obs often, I emphasized these two rooms for a particular reason. Think about the variety of things you can do in these two areas. For main cells, there are TONS of different activities, which causes leads to not have to ever make the main cell block, which I find to be boring. Opinionated day? Big cage. FRLR? Deagle cage. Lava day? All over main cells. Race? Jump contest? (rarely used).

Now what I do like about main cells is that most of the activities that can be carried out here don't necessarily require parts of the map, but I'll touch on that later. Let's talk about Doghouse.

Doghouse is great. I love Doghouse. You have Deathrun entrance, climb, wipeout, roulette, and LR machine aka "dodge". That is FIVE activities you can do with just the map itself.

Between Main Cell Block and Doghouse you have an ample of activities you can perform to make your day fun and help dwindle the t population. Herein lies the problem though. Because these two areas have so much room for activities, it kills the other portions of the map. Or, rather, the other portions of the map just do not have options. Let's take a look.

post-34785-0-17167700-1473266497_thumb.jpg

Let's start with Duck Hunt. Why do leads send people to duck hunt? There's generally 1 or 2 activities they send them there for, the obvious duck hunt, and then the lesser used opinionated dive. That's really about it. So there's a huge portion of the map that is just going unused simply because there aren't any creative uses for the room. Also, there is a high probability of rebelling as well, since it's a very enclosed space with teleporters. It's generally just not worth the risk of sending them there.

Then there's Shot for Shot. Again, seldom used during the day because there aren't many reasons to send people there, aside from the occasional Cheese and Crackers. The main reason they get sent to Shot for Shot is to transition to 300. Again, high risk area, as the armory vent is not far off, and there is simply not many options for activities in this room.

300. Literally just 300. High risk, closed space, rebelling T's will not only delay but break vents to allow more rebels.

And then there's Soccer. Oh boy, soccer. I've really racked my brain these past few days to try to come up with reasons to send them there, and there really just isn't much to do. Soccer requires a handful of T's to successfully carry out, and the lava day that is sometimes used in Soccer is pretty much limited to 1 or 2 jumps.

Obs/Hurdles. This is a love/hate for me. Obs is difficult, and rightfully so. Those that are good at Obs usually don't even need to complete obs, because derps like me will die long before they even reach the end. It's great for a quick LR day, but that leads to a very static, boring day. On the flip side, Hurdles is a lot easier, but is a slow and difficult process to get them to not only participate in it, but to get them in and out of it. However, this giant room is really only utilized for the things inside it, similar to Doghouse.

Kitchen. I personally like Kitchen, and I don't know why. If it didn't have such a high risk of baiting/rebelling, I would try to find more ways to incorporate Kitchen into my lead days. But there just aren't enough options for the room to be worth the risk.

-------------------------------

Medic, what's the point of all this?

I'm not here to complain about the map. I'm not here to say "we need more map stuffs". That's a short term solution that will only result in people playing the new portion.

The reason for my post is to point out we have areas of the map that are not being used as much as they could be, and here's what I'm getting at: Let's make more activities.

Easier said than done, I get it. But when it comes to new things/activities, let's find ways to work them into rooms that aren't being used if possible. It will add more variety to a day of leading. I have a few personal suggestions for games, and I would love to hear any input/suggestions of your own.

Commander: What this is is kind of like a person leading someone to another person/place, similar to a mole day. The way I envision it, you could have a CT or two stand still with no guns in the direct path of the T's. Object of the game is to send the T's to a point beyond the knifing CT's. The CT's would not be able to move, but would be sort of like death blocks. However, the T's do have the ability to knife back. Obviously, when applying mole to the T's, there can't be any rebellers for this. But this would be a great game for S4S or Doghouse.

Highest Knife Contest. This would be similar to jump contest, but the idea is to see which T can put the highest knife mark on the wall. This can be fairly easily regulated, as if you see a T jump more than 1 or 2 times it's safe to say they are trying to cheat. The hard part of this is figuring out who has the highest knife mark, so it needs to be on a lightly colored wall. My thoughts were the back S4S wall, or the long doghouse wall that borders obs.

"Horse Races". This wouldn't necessarily be a race in main cells, but could be a game similar to a "who will win the knife fight". You can have 2 T's selected by trivia or what have you, then pit those two T's against eachother in a Obs Race, Climb Race, etc. Have the other T's stack in a spot to choose their victor. The actual LR thingy doesn't need to be used for this.

Color Roulette. This would be a difficult thing to do at present, but my thoughts were to have the T's go to duck hunt and ask them to pick a colored tile by standing on it. Have the lead be upstairs facing the wall, and type a color in CT chat. Problem is it may be difficult for both the T's and CT's to figure out what color tile they are standing on.

My challenge to you all is to help come up with games/activities that do not require new portions of the map or coding.

--------------------------------

Thank you to those who take the time to read this and provide input.

• Like 2

before i read past the first few sentances, i want to say that jb is dead because of school. Happens every year...

I dont know why this thread isnt public...

in css jb, jump contest was "spray contest" because u could use sprays to play the high knife game u described, it wasnt used too often i dont think. A more fun version of the game is to run from second archway of blueroom to dungeon and whoever can get their spray/knife mark the farthest without a ct killing them wins :P

• Like 3

Yea Fox I agree, it is a slow time. But I'm trying to change some of the things we can control, and that's implement fresh, new games and activities that ideally don't require any mapping or coding to it. It will help with keeping the game fun, adds replayability, and will hopefully domino effect the other problems of player retention and server population. I haven't played the css jailbreak, but I like the games you mentioned above. Are there more you can think of that can possibly be worked into the csgo version?

Yea Fox I agree, it is a slow time. But I'm trying to change some of the things we can control, and that's implement fresh, new games and activities that ideally don't require any mapping or coding to it. It will help with keeping the game fun, adds replayability, and will hopefully domino effect the other problems of player retention and server population. I haven't played the css jailbreak, but I like the games you mentioned above. Are there more you can think of that can possibly be worked into the csgo version?

yea ill look into it, if someone whoo played css jb wants to give input go for it

Yeah. During school years jb is always dead as well as all other servers in this community. Usually it picks up at 5pm pst and theough the night to about 10pm pst. May differ for your timezone. Yeah jb leads are constantly using same orders over and over but you have to realize you can only do so much as a lead. Unless we change the whole map around and add different activities/games to the map.

Like switch soccer to waterpolo that type of stuff. Also you have to take into consideration that the map can only be so bug before it causes server lag/crash like the new map did a month ago or so till pure made a another one.

If jb is dead and thats all you play. Try playing other servers of hg like ttt. Ze i believe is up. But yeah just got to deal with it right now cause of school time

First of all Dogehouse*

It is true that, as of late, there has not been much variety in days. Either an opinionated day, FRLR, obs or climb day. I want to see leads doing custom made days. We have experienced many days before where a guard has a fun custom day with their own twist on it although some need admins for it to work. I would personally like to see more days that we don't need admins for but are unique that we only do every so often such as Isengard day, Crab day, Consuela day, Church day, Cheese and Crackers day, zombie day, etc. We can easily make up days that would attract a crowd and appeal to everyone. I for one am sick and tired of the same days repeating over and over. And with that here are a few of my stupid suggestions. We can easily pick a day such as gate keeper and switch it around a little bit to make it new, exciting, appealing and funny!

Harambe Day(Gay Keplar day):

All the T's are on top of the deagle cage, near the lockers. Then a few ct's are chosen to be "Harambe", they throw their guns and get in the deagle cage acting like gorillas. The t's then(a few at a time) have to jump on the letters of the sign or else they fall and Harambe's kill them if they don't make back to the top. If they make it then they will have to jump back over the deagle cage and be frozen upon arrival for next orders.

Liftoff Day(Climb): The T's have 1 minute to do climb, at the end of that minute. Depending on what tier they are on they have 2(or whatever is best) seconds per tier they are on (Ex 5: 15, 9: 27) to get out of climb and go somewhere. This is skill based and gang based which might encourage the t's to join a gang or learn to bhop.

Olympics Day(Dogehouse): Simple day where all the t's must be in doge house and pick an activity to do for a few minutes. This allows the t to have a "free" fun day and just a filler/break day for the lead.

Real Olympics Day(Pool/Soccer): The T's will start at T box of Hurdles, then you will have them run into hurdles and through the vent, they then will get out the vent run a lap around soccer, run into obs and get on the highest tier they can after 1 minute(or however long works best). At the end of the time, if they are not past a certain tier of obs(i would guess 4/5) they will die, and whoever is left you can award gold, silver and bronze to! This encourages t's to get better at obs and join a gang for speed!

Naruto Day(Race/Lava/Gate Keeper): Since Naruto is known for how they run in it, the t's start at race and once the lead says go(or a naruto reference maybe) the lava day starts as well, the t's must run on the big cage, then to yellow silo, on the railing, and then the catwalk, then into pool vents and into pool. (Make sure someone is watching vip vents. After that they run down the stairs and outside pool where they will meet Enemy ninja with kunai(CT's with knifes), they have to get past the ninja and take them out if possible and make it into the big cage. The last 2/3 die from the enemy jutsu reaching them(GUN EM DOWN)

Liberal/Conservative Jailbreak day(Dogehouse): The t's will play a climb day. After a minute, the highest 3 get to stay in the victory room while the rest play wipeout until there is 2 left then you can do lr machine/roulette till LR.

Terrorist Day(4 corners): The t's will get on big cage, then the lead will play music and type a corner in team chat to be killed after music and once that jihad themed music is over, terrorists attack the corner that was said earlier.

THESE DAYS ARE REALLY SHITTY BUT IM JUST GIVING EXAMPLES JUST GET REGULAR DAYS AND PUT A TWIST ON THEM!!!

Edited by Raptor_
  • Like 1

No Raptor these are great and I appreciate your input. I like these themed days/events, I may even try a few out myself. I'm looking for more games/activities to implement into the community and these are a great start. Let me know if there's anything else you come up with or find!

Hello!

Sorry about my lack of contribution, it's late and I've been doing a lot of school work. My brain hurts!

When I have a chance, I will do some more brainstorming on this problem, it's definitely a biggie. There is so much on this map that isn't utilized which could be. As for reasons why the server is dead... Well I don't think it's just because of school, and you are totally right. There needs to be some additions/changes. Unfortunately, the only good ideas I have currently involve a new map, or an altered map. I'll post again when I have some better advice!

~TyK0ned~

No way, if only someone would release 2 new LR's and a new Warday along side an incredible new sprite creating glock that when you're lead if you shoot the ground a circle appears for dynamic leading!

How 2 advertise 101

and js the server isnt dead, just gotta go on at a certain time