Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A Mechanic To Encourage Players To Cade In Different Places

NewPueblo

I think that there should be a mechanic introduced into ZS that encourages players to cade in different spots of the map instead of them just picking up a hammer and going to the most popular cading place. There are quite a couple of different ways to do this, but I'll list one I have in mind. It would work by keeping track of a couple of different factors on certain maps. Now, these factors would be of how many humans are gathering in certain areas, what round they're gathering, what props are nailed, and if the props have more than one nail in them (quadruple nailing props would be the highest value for tracking that area). The more humans caded in those areas the less points they would obtain, and every time they cade there the value would increase for how many points they don't earn. These values would, of course, decrease over time, so that humans could eventually go back to those spots. A notification on the map, similar to that of when a message beacon is put down, will notify the players before the round starts if that area is affected, and by how much. The same notification would also pop-up when players hold down the button to see how much health props have.

Edited by NewPueblo

Due to the sheer amount of mediocre caders, I can safely say that multiple cading spots make no difference in gameplay relative to this thread. The cading spots that are popular ("popular") are only such because:

1) Tried and true

2) Cade type is copied over and over (doorcade anyone?) <It doesn't take much more intelligence from a 13 yr old to copy a cade that's been used since 2015.

3) Nobody bothers to go to any other part of the map since they know the cade will be set there. (bullet defense #1 defense first 2 waves)

For every 30 players, there is 1 person who can cade at all and for every 50 people who can cade at all, there's only 1 who can ​cade halfway acceptably.There's no way you'll get anyone to cade at different spots if they don't have sufficient cade knowledge. I'm not talking about copying cades, I'm talking about understanding the fundamentals and be able to cade with any prop in any situation.

Edited by TheAtrocity
  • Like 3

Due to the sheer amount of mediocre caders, I can safely say that multiple cading spots make no difference in gameplay relative to this thread. The cading spots that are popular ("popular") are only such because:

1) Tried and true

2) Cade type is copied over and over (doorcade anyone?) <It doesn't take much more intelligence from a 13 yr old to copy a cade that's been used since 2015.

3) Nobody bothers to go to any other part of the map since they know the cade will be set there. (bullet defense #1 defense first 2 waves)

For every 30 players, there is 1 person who can cade at all and for every 50 people who can cade at all, there's only 1 who can ​cade halfway acceptably.There's no way you'll get anyone to cade at different spots if they don't have sufficient cade knowledge. I'm not talking about copying cades, I'm talking about understanding the fundamentals and be able to cade with any prop in any situation.

Besides that, you need people to defend the cader which with exception of the "popular" spots, you will never get. I've tried trust me, to cade in different spots for each map but it's always the same: zombies go for the solo caders/fewer ppl in the cade first and bam, "popular" spots get crowded and survive last.

Considering your suggestion(NewPueblo's), I could think of something like giving buffs to solo caders or cades with less ppl on them, but then again, I'm not sure how you could code this.

Edited by Dreamy

Besides that, you need people to defend the cader which with exception of the "popular" spots, you will never get. I've tried trust me, to cade in different spots for each map but it's always the same: zombies go for the solo caders/fewer ppl in the cade first and bam, "popular" spots get crowded and survive last.

Considering your suggestion(NewPueblo's), I could think of something like giving buffs to solo caders or cades with less ppl on them, but then again, I'm not sure how you could code this.

There could be some incentives to those who cade well, but those proposals has been shot down since time started.

Basically have fun with the shitcaders, they are here to stay.

Bruh you must not be seein me cade new spots lately and make it succeed LUL

shitpost101

Some maps only have 1 viable cading spot. Other maps actually have a few decent spots and humans do tend to swap those around when they can. Players shouldn't be punished for going to the only spot that'll actually work. If we really want a variety in our cades then it'd best to focus on a map design that'd allow for it to be. (Shout out to any map designers~)

Some maps only have 1 viable cading spot. Other maps actually have a few decent spots and humans do tend to swap those around when they can. Players shouldn't be punished for going to the only spot that'll actually work. If we really want a variety in our cades then it'd best to focus on a map design that'd allow for it to be. (Shout out to any map designers~)

You should read:

1) Tried and true

• 3 weeks later...