Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Scammer

exite

How did it happen? What did he say to convince you to give him items? Don't answer if you don't want to I'm just curious to know how peeps get scammed these days.

Edit: protip always use steam rep to check people's trade status before trading any items. This guy is banned on steam rep...

Edited by porkcow

I thought the scamming era was over... I guess people are still naive and fall to these scams.

Good luck with those skins man, but as Xaioa said, you probably won't be seeing those skins anytime soon. Also, put a mobile authenticator, that way you have to confirm every single trade over the steam phone app. Best thing in the world if you ask me :)

• Like 1

First sign is that all of his +reps are around the same date by non experience traders, +rep groups on steam are still a thing

Second he's been on steam a year, Level does matter but a level 16 doing Paypal is 100% sketchy.

Third, he buys your items for paypal/Opskins currencty if you wan't to transfer it either make him go first and confirm it so he cant cancel the money being transferred.

Fourth, he has under 1.5k hours on csgo having around that amount will show that a trader has played the game enough to be experienced with the items, and dont be fooled by "I can send proof" anything can be easily photoshopped and you should know that best...

Fifth, NEVER go off of rep or how many trades they made you can trade to an alt account back and forth with a bot and easily get around 500 "Trades" in an hour

Lastly Im sorry to hear about that man, hope you can get your items back also if you're trading with someone talk to me I admittedly used to scam alot but I have stopped, but I now trade up my items and can try to help you with that I went from 25$ to 90$ withi and I know most tricks Good Luck trading man

Edited by It's Moose
  • Like 1

scarce: ?

[HG] Moose: i was wondering if i could sell my items to you

scarce: sure

scarce: what item

[HG] Moose: ok you send money first or no deal

scarce: no deal you might get scam me

[HG] Moose: really

scarce is now Offline.

[HG] Moose: your rep is fake your trades are fake you have 200 hours on CS quit trying to trade scam you arent fucking good, really get a job

Like that always make them go first this was the guy who scammed you blocked me in 20 seconds, Again if you need help ask me. Sorry man I can try to get some items to you later by trading up but it may take awhile.

Edited by It's Moose