Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Suggestions] Balance Changes

ForrestMarkX

Suggestion name:

No point system change

Explanation:

As far as points go, it seems pretty balanced. The only time Mr. Point Whore can really express his/ her wealth is doing mass purchase events, and even then those are massive point syncs.

Reason:

Even objective maps that have gun events tend to fail, for the most part. I also have a hard time recalling any map that has more than a 50% human win rate. Zombies usually win 70-80% of the time, and even when we lose as zombie I usually do pretty well for myself. I have no issue with the current system, either as a human or as a zombie.

Edited by Bunker_Squirrel
  • Like 1

SUGGESTION:

Balance chem zombies

EXPLANATION:

Nerfing the chem was very justified, as pre-nerf they were cade wreckers. However, they are pretty much useless now. I don't have exact damage on hand, but it's really really bad. Every other non-boss class can find a use in some way except for the chem currently.

REASON:

Zombies always need buffs, and this would be a very easy one to do. Find a nice middle ground between op and useless on damage and I think chems would be nicely balanced. They are a great doorcade counter, and with a good but not great damage output, they could put some pressure on a cade.

• Like 1

SUGGESTION:

Allow Zombines to explode on command

EXPLNATION:

The zombine gernade pull is the best weapon the zombie team has at expense in a game. It's very useful for doing quick damage to a cade that is stacked with weapons. However, managing to land a well-timed gernade on a cade can be really difficult. Having to time the actual explosion in the small window a zombie has to get next to the cade without dying and getting blown away from the cade often makes only a small amount of gernades hit. With the ability to activate the gernade and with a second click dentonate it would give zombines a more reliable way to constantly damage a cade. I still think the timer should be in kept place, just give zombines the ability to explode at any given time.

REASON:

Again, I love zombie buffs. I always have felt that zombines are overshadowed by a stacked wave 6 human team. Making humans having to work to beat wave 6 would make for a lot of tense games.

Porter,

Landing that grenade is part of the balance and adds just the right amount of challenge. It would be incredibly broken if the zombies could just round a corner and immediately explode before humans could even react. Besides, with a little finesse, you can do that anyway.

Also, instant explosion grenade makes even less sense than a instant explosion jihad.

Edited by Bunker_Squirrel

Suggestion:

Remove points earnings from hero for everyone

Explnation:

Currently when someone kill a hero it give us ponts for the whole team of zombie, we should make it like HPK only the guys who killed the hero earn the points

Reason:

This is a balance of points really needed we have a hero almost every map when the hero is killed it give the points to the AFK and people who did nothing to earn these points. I know its just 30 - 50 points but over a long period... The most annoying on week end when the server is full Super admin would like to make events heros vs boss but they cant because of it, when everyone transforms into hero everyone going to zombie for earn the points (the amount of points can go up to 3'000 points)

Edited by Trazix

Suggestion:

Nerf traits tap firerate

Explnation

http://hellsgamers.c...trait-firerate/

Reason

I insist really on that, they are happy to shoot faster but people do not realize that affect the gameplay. Currently human are still OP at some time we must to find some little tricks to make the zombie team more agreable, Tap traits is already one.

Edited by Trazix

Suggestion Name: Zombie buff for lower population / Human nerf

Explanation: 14 humans v 3 zombies and everyone has a shotgun or a rifle, zombies have no chance and just leave the server

Reason: Humans at low pop have high chance of winning maps and most zombies rage quit because they cant do anything till wave 6.

Edited by The Gaming Limit
  • Like 1

Porter,

Landing that grenade is part of the balance and adds just the right amount of challenge. It would be incredibly broken if the zombies could just round a corner and immediately explode before humans could even react. Besides, with a little finesse, you can do that anyway.

Also, instant explosion grenade makes even less sense than a instant explosion jihad.

Very fair point. But, what do you want to do to make wave 6 more difficult? With humans getting new weapons, zombines have quickly become outclassed by the arrival of the GL(which is getting a nerf so that will help) and the laser rifle that will be making its debut. On a lot of maps it has become that the zombines need a bunch of shades to even have a chance at doing any damage.

A change in the zombine damage dealing system would be a great balance imo. Claws are useless on a stacked cade, as you die in 1/2 second. Trying to find the timing to land your gernade can take a while to get down consistently on a cade. The game is often almost over by the time the zombines are starting to learn the pattern.

It is worth nothing that now that GL won't have a massive knockback, that could help a lot. Maybe that will bring a nice balance back in their consistency in damage. If the new update doesn't see a nice balance return, however, I think zombines should see a change in some way.

Perhaps a fair balance would be that clicking after activating would speed up the timer slightly? Instant explosion would be hard for humans to react to, that is a very valid point. Speeding it up would perhaps give zombines a quicker interval of attack, but also still give humans that window to counter.

Edited by Porter2455
  • Like 1

Very fair point. But, what do you want to do to make wave 6 more difficult? With humans getting new weapons, zombines have quickly become outclassed by the arrival of the GL(which is getting a nerf so that will help) and the laser rifle that will be making its debut. On a lot of maps it has become that the zombines need a bunch of shades to even have a chance at doing any damage.

A change in the zombine damage dealing system would be a great balance imo. Claws are useless on a stacked cade, as you die in 1/2 second. Trying to find the timing to land your gernade can take a while to get down consistently on a cade. The game is often almost over by the time the zombines are starting to learn the pattern.

It is worth nothing that now that GL won't have a massive knockback, that could help a lot. Maybe that will bring a nice balance back in their consistency in damage. If the new update doesn't see a nice balance return, however, I think zombines should see a change in some way.

Perhaps a fair balance would be that clicking after activating would speed up the timer slightly? Instant explosion would be hard for humans to react to, that is a very valid point. Speeding it up would perhaps give zombines a quicker interval of attack, but also still give humans that window to counter.

Lets take in mind that the grenade launcher damage is oblivious to the shade blocking powers since it works as a explosive weapon much like well, grenades.

I completely agree, zombies either need more wave 5-6 zombies or giving the actual later zombies a buff in order to withstand the t6 new weapons

Suggestion Name: Remove stock Limit from Grenade Launcher, make it more expensive but make it weaker

Explanation:

-Remove the stock limit from GL and GL ammo

-Increase the price to buy GL from 400 to 500

-Increase the price of GL ammo from 30 to 35

-Remove knockback from GL completely (this is the main issue with GL)

-Reduce its explosion radius (not sure what the numbers are currently, but toning it down by 30% should do)

-Reduce its base damage from 120 to 100

-Allow players to get GL ammo from Resupply Boxes (6 grenades per Resupply use is okay)

-Allow players to access GL ammo in the Alt menu (to drop and give it)

Reason: limiting the noob funtube only for 2 people is a bad idea.

Edited by iProbie

Suggestion Name: Remove stock Limit from Grenade Launcher, make it more expensive but make it weaker

Explanation:

-Reduce its explosion radius (not sure what the numbers are currently, but toning it down by 30% should do)

-Allow players to get GL ammo from Resupply Boxes (6 grenades per Resupply use is okay)

How Super Terrible:

Grenade Launcher is only unlocked at 80% infliction, I nerfed it 30% reduce of damage and Price goes be increase so 50 points as per ammo and 450 pts for a weapon and explosions will no longer move people (Grenade Launcher).

Explanation:

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that's not gonna happen. It's already getting a big nerf, but even 6 humans with the nerfed version would be able to decimate a zombie team. To have no stock, it would need to be nerfed to a point where it wouldn't even be fun to use.

you're discussing about fun? idk what dystopian world are you living in, but that's the nature of PvP games.

it's either fun for one side or the other, never or rarely both unless you're a masochist and loves getting raped all the time (figuratively) by the enemy.

if it's fun for humans, ofc it's not fun for zombies. if it's so shit to the point that humans shouldn't buy GLs, then don't buy them? but isn't the point of GL is to make you feel like John Rambo?

if 6 people theoretically buys the GLs, then with my suggestions they are spending more than 3000 (3000 on the GLs and god knows how many more on the ammo) points in total. shouldn't humans then at least given the upper hand by spending so much?

that's like saying we should limit Photon Crossbow to 10 because 10 Crossbows "would be able to decimate a zombie team." (sorry boys, your Grim Reapers are out in the trash can).

Only unlocking GL at 80% infliction is dumber. It's only going to make GL harder to get than the Halo Energy Sword in a normal game. or are you actually encouraging solocading with this change? you'd hope the main cade dies so you can have the GLs to yourselves? nice!

Edited by iProbie

Being zombie will never be fun, regardless of what you do. That's the nature of the game, and there really isn't anything that can be done other than making being human abysmally unfun as well.

Zombies already have innate damage resistance, as well as significantly higher health, base damage, and attack speed. I've seen quite a few good zombie matches where two grenade launchers and a sea of t5 weapons couldn't stop the horde. The best thing to do here is buff the damage resistance of low-pop zombies, not necessarily nerf a specific weapon.

The only nerf I stand wholeheartedly behind is reducing or eliminating the grenade launcher's knockback. The knockback is cancer. The knockback is OP. The knockback needs to be removed.

Suggestion: Minor perk system for zombies

Explanation: Similar to humans, zombies would have a minor perk system compared to the humans. On the first spawn (after a fresh dead died if a human was killed), the player would be able to pick one perk that sticks with them throughout the game. Numbers aren't balanced but just a few concepts. Zombies would only choose one of these:

• Increases damage dealt by 10%
  • Reduces damage taken by 10%
  • Increases movement speed by 10%
  • Allows you to detect humans through special sight 25% further away
  • Attack speed increased by 10%

Reason: In many games, humans aren't afraid to step away from the cade and melee the zombies. With melee not having any tiers, many people go towards the stronger melee weapons and earn their points back on the first and second wave. The perk system would add a level of uncertainty for the humans with not all zombies being the same. They may run into a zombie that hits harder or one that is on par with their speed. It would also add a small build that zombies would have just like humans. If they're on an open map, they'd probably choose movement or damage reduction over seeing humans farther. If the map has a lot of nook and crannies, a zombie might choose the larger sight or increase damage to take down humans faster.

you're discussing about fun? idk what dystopian world are you living in, but that's the nature of PvP games.

it's either fun for one side or the other, never or rarely both unless you're a masochist and loves getting raped all the time (figuratively) by the enemy.

if it's fun for humans, ofc it's not fun for zombies. if it's so shit to the point that humans shouldn't buy GLs, then don't buy them? but isn't the point of GL is to make you feel like John Rambo?

if 6 people theoretically buys the GLs, then with my suggestions they are spending more than 3000 (3000 on the GLs and god knows how many more on the ammo) points in total. shouldn't humans then at least given the upper hand by spending so much?

that's like saying we should limit Photon Crossbow to 10 because 10 Crossbows "would be able to decimate a zombie team." (sorry boys, your Grim Reapers are out in the trash can).

Only unlocking GL at 80% infliction is dumber. It's only going to make GL harder to get than the Halo Energy Sword in a normal game. or are you actually encouraging solocading with this change? you'd hope the main cade dies so you can have the GLs to yourselves? nice!

Basing a change on the reasoning that "the game is shit for zombies anyway so why not?" is a dangerous ideaology. Just because you think zombie is shit doesn't mean everyone else does. I find being zombie fun. Of course I go afk instead of playing sometimes, I do the same as a human. Gernade launcher is a deteriment to balanced gameplay, that's why it's being nerfed. If the zombies are being shitstomped on wave 6 more than any other wave, then you know you have a problem. Giving a nerfed version to the last 20% of humans would be ridiculous.