Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Map Removal Request Thread

Ryze

Mercurytown

-one place to cade, treehouse

-It's overpowered and boring. If a map has over 17% winrate, then there's usually a problem.

firewall

-almost no props

-zs layout, wasn't designed for zs gamdplay

Edited by Guest

• 6 months later...

American Suburbia...I played that map for the first time a few days ago and it hurt my soul with intense FPS drops (I don't have the newest hardware but my PC is far from potato) and several exploitable areas for human players. Should be removed until fixed/finished because it seems like a decent map visually.

Remove zs_american_suburbia

Reasons:1 maps easily exploitable

2: maps unfinished

3:super laggy because of the textures

Remove zs_splinter_v2

1:literally unwinnable with the cading areas

2: as previously stated no where good to cade and super small map

3: basically just a map to get off the rotation once lost

Edited by Destroy

zs_test_facility

A hard but very fun map for the first 4 waves. Humans need to play really well to make it to the top of the building with a large team. The problem comes after that. Z team will go pukepus and swamp legion every time without fail and just hang around the edges on the fence. You can't cade everything in time, there are not enough forcefields to protect that much fencing, and its nearly impossible to shoot them as they can hide under the water. There are no counters, and humans lose everytime no matter how hard they try. Any map that human victory is entirely dependent on hoping the bosses don't use an unbeatable strat(which never happens on test_facility because the zombies tryhard so the humans don't win 1k points) is a bad map. Until someone is willing to update the map so that poison can't pass through the fence, it should be removed.

zs_natalyas_cottage

Holy shitmap batman! A horrible house with windows galore, and a single room garage. Seeing natalyas gave me hope for another cool map like natalyas ship, but we were sorely mistaken. It breaks the most fundamental rule of a map, it's boring as all hell.

zs_uglyfort

I have no idea how this map has lasted this long, but I think it should go away for now. It only has one cading spot and it's been on the server for years, it has become super stale due to it. Take it off rotation and give it a year, the map needs a break.

zs_motel

I love the map because it falls into the "it's so bad it's good" category with the likes of rip_club and nestlings, but I feel like I should bring it up as MANY people have been clamoring for its removal. IMO it should stay, but there's no denying it's a massive shitmap.

zs_yongen

Bad map that is almost unwinnable with a population of 40+. Only interesting spot are the stairs that are utterly decimated by poison, as the map maker decided to make the stairs out of fence.

zs_plaza

A cool idea that just doesn't work on zs. Opening rooms is a cool idea, but no one will bother going to these spots besides gathering a tiny amount of supplies.

zs_subversive

The only reason this map had a low win rate was because of the plane. Now everyone is realizing how op the vent is, and it is turning this map into biolab version 2.0. It's won nearly every other game now that people have figured it out.

Edited by Porter2455
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

zs_hg_preppertown_v4

such a boring map, small as hell, a very close zombie spawn and there's literally only 2 cading spots: bunker 1 and bunker 2, both are equally boring and equally op.

zs_summit_b2

Small map, has only 1 potential cading spot, since the other one has like 4 entrance so its useless or very hard to cade, super close zombie spawns and not that many props. Cool concept but badly executed.

zs_poolside

My god did i think swimming pool couldnt get worse, but i was so wrong. Awful version with bad optimization, a lot of difficult to defend entrances, breakable windows on the roof (yes you heard me right, the gigantic impossible to cade windows can break and very easily so get ready to fall back as soon as fasties or a legion spawns) and all the cool features like the HD Clear water or the fun windows pc you could turn off and on are gone. This version strips everything that made swimming pool enjoyable at the least and makes the map a nightmare to play through, only cadable spot is the back office since the showers can be easily destroyed with a pukepus or poison headcrabs. just put swimming pool to rest, each new version just gets worse somehow lol

• Like 1

zs_motel_b4

- This map is hot garbage; suited for a playerbase like nox's, motel has literally 0 cading spots and on high population enough people suicide at the start to unlock fasties within the first minute or so.

zs_legends_v2

- Similar concept to motel, large map without a viable cading spot - as Destroy has stated the map only has one supply crate which is near impossible to defend both on high population and low population.

zs_egypt

- A map with a similar problem to both motel and legends, lacks diversity in it's cading spots and props; the one room which is cade-able will not always have the supply crate, and often times means the area to defend will have up to 3 entrances to hold off - impossible on high population and low population.

These three maps all have very low winrates, with the only wins coming when there are <20 players on the server

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • ze_skill_escape_v09s - same level over and over, way too many replies

If this map should be removed then zs_obj_tantibus_v8 also needs to be removed. This map kills population and creates a salt farm

Edited by pho-
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...