Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cs:s Hammer Won’T Load Zombiesurvival.fgd & Don’T Know Howto Load Cs:s Texture/models On Gmod Hammer

Kirbs

How do mappers get CS:S models and textures AND the zs fgd?

Do you use GMOD hammer or CS:S hammer?

If GMOD hammer, how do you load CS:S prop and texture data?

If CS:S hammer, how do you install the zombie survival fgd? (if its even possible)

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin and open the GameConfig.txt, copy the path of the fgd data and type it below "GameData0" like this "GameData1" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\gamemodes\zombiesurvival\zombiesurvival.fgd", save and now you should be able to use zs models, also the same with cs fgd but with "GameData2"

If you want them to add to cs you just go to the bin folder of CS

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin and open the GameConfig.txt, copy the path of the fgd data and type it below "GameData0" like this "GameData1" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\gamemodes\zombiesurvival\zombiesurvival.fgd", save and now you should be able to use zs models, also the same with cs fgd but with "GameData2"

If you want them to add to cs you just go to the bin folder of CS

Did you do this for CS:S Hammer? It let me add the directory of the file in the editor, but when I reloaded Hammer and opened a map, it didn't actually load the fgd even though it showed it in the directory.

I reinstalled CS:S, I tried lots of configurations, I'm convinced now that it's impossible to add zombiesurvival.fgd to CS:S hammer.

I think my only option now is to get CS:S content onto GMOD hammer, but I don't know how to do this. I wish CS:S hammer would actually work and load fgd files normally like GMOD Hammer would.

Did you do this for CS:S Hammer? It let me add the directory of the file in the editor, but when I reloaded Hammer and opened a map, it didn't actually load the fgd even though it showed it in the directory.

I reinstalled CS:S, I tried lots of configurations, I'm convinced now that it's impossible to add zombiesurvival.fgd to CS:S hammer.

I think my only option now is to get CS:S content onto GMOD hammer, but I don't know how to do this. I wish CS:S hammer would actually work and load fgd files normally like GMOD Hammer would.

Why arent you adding the cstrike fgd into Gmod?

"GameData2" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\cstrike.fgd"

or does the cstrike.fgd not work for gmod?

Try it, hope it works

I have a guide on how to install the zombie master fgd into your hammer. It works the same with the zs fgd.

https://hellsgamers.com/topic/130515-how-to-set-up-gmod-hammer-for-zombie-master/

also any models(as long it is compatible with source or created with studiomdl.exe) in the model folder can be seen in the hammer editor using prop_static or the model viewer in sourcesdk..

"GameData2" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\cstrike.fgd"

Try it, hope it works

It doesn't add any of the missing textures or models. I don't know how you got your cstrike hammer to work for zs.

Edited by Kirbs

Try it, hope it works

The fgd only contains the entities of that specific game,it does not include the models. If you need info_player_terrorist, you would need cstrike.fgd. Models and textures in their own seperate folder in the game files any models in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\models" are visible in hammer if you are mapping for gmod.

The fgd only contains the entities of that specific game,it does not include the models. If you need info_player_terrorist, you would need cstrike.fgd. Models and textures in their own seperate folder in the game files any models in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\models" are visible in hammer if you are mapping for gmod.

oh ok ty for the info