Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Game Balance Suggestions

ForrestMarkX

Type: Shortbow

Description: Either damage nerf or lower the stocks.

Explanation:

As it is right now, the shortbow one shots most zombies ( I think only 4 regular zombies have more than 250 hp ).

If humans buy all stocks they can take out a nightmare in under 10 seconds.

I guess you could make it so it does less damage to bodies, cause 250 damage no matter where you hit is kinda dumb imo.

Type: Shortbow

Description: Either damage nerf or lower the stocks.

Explanation:

As it is right now, the shortbow one shots most zombies ( I think only 4 regular zombies have more than 250 hp ).

If humans buy all stocks they can take out a nightmare in under 10 seconds.

I guess you could make it so it does less damage to bodies, cause 250 damage no matter where you hit is kinda dumb imo.

people usually only buy it during double points besides that you cant make any points without dp on

• Like 1

Type: Ghoul

Description: Either nerf the slow-down effect of the ghoul or add a trait in which humans aren't slowed down OR buff Vaccination to negate the slowing effect.

Explanation: As of now, the Ghoul is known to be a bit OP when it comes to killing humans, no real skill is involved other than just hitting the dude, after that the man is slowed down, can't move, slowly gets digested by some dude with a corroded (For some reason), then rages about how OP the ghoul is and becomes a ghoul himself, and the cycle continues.

Essentially you could argue that "If people stay in their cades, there's no need to be afraid."But that is completely incorrect, see the problem with ghouls is they lower the number of runners during waves 1,2, and 3, essentially making the zombie side suffer in the long run. How? I hear you asking, real simple. The effect causes a decrease in runners, therefore you'd only see 3-6 runners max (And that's saying the server is full), however, if the effect is off then more runners would be outside, and therefore the chance of zombies actually killing humans increases.

Overall, everyone would benefit from this change, humans would be happy and zombies would actually depend on skills rather than just a one-hit dude, IMO I think that to create the maximum amount of balance we can create, we should still give the ghoul a chance to slow people down by adding the immunity of the effect to Vaccination, therefore people can still get slowed down by the ghouls (Even some runners.), while also giving humans no more excuses to complain about this issue.

Thank you for your time.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Type: Ghoul

Description: Either nerf the slow-down effect of the ghoul or add a trait in which humans aren't slowed down OR buff Vaccination to negate the slowing effect.

Explanation: As of now, the Ghoul is known to be a bit OP when it comes to killing humans, no real skill is involved other than just hitting the dude, after that the man is slowed down, can't move, slowly gets digested by some dude with a corroded (For some reason), then rages about how OP the ghoul is and becomes a ghoul himself, and the cycle continues.

Essentially you could argue that "If people stay in their cades, there's no need to be afraid."But that is completely incorrect, see the problem with ghouls is they lower the number of runners during waves 1,2, and 3, essentially making the zombie side suffer in the long run. How? I hear you asking, real simple. The effect causes a decrease in runners, therefore you'd only see 3-6 runners max (And that's saying the server is full), however, if the effect is off then more runners would be outside, and therefore the chance of zombies actually killing humans increases.

Overall, everyone would benefit from this change, humans would be happy and zombies would actually depend on skills rather than just a one-hit dude, IMO I think that to create the maximum amount of balance we can create, we should still give the ghoul a chance to slow people down by adding the immunity of the effect to Vaccination, therefore people can still get slowed down by the ghouls (Even some runners.), while also giving humans no more excuses to complain about this issue.

Thank you for your time.

Well, i don't feel confortable with a change like that... Ghouls are ok this way...They are kind of annoying, but they need to exist. He is supposed to kill annoying humans running outside risking their lives for the team, wich is also really annoying for zombies, and i think it involves skill, since you are slower than a human, and need to move in the right directions, and even predict where the humans might be going, to land a good hit. Imagine humans in wave 1 2 3, without any ghouls humans would have less fear for getting out and the cade itself wouldnt be as damaged, giving humans more time to win, that said i think it would benefit humans in a positive way... Maybe could benefit zombies by giving them some kills, but all the other zombies dont have this unique skill to slow down a human, hence a human could easily phase jump back on the cade get healed and go out again on the first waves, or even if humans have a healer outside, a healer with advanced armament, since armor absorb lots of damage

BUT i totally agree with a trait that can give some kind of defense against slow down, since you would need to sacrifice some worth to it, or even mix it up with vaccination, maybe even a new trait wich makes you ignore or make you suffer less against any kind of slow down, even the lower health slow maybe, it would make you need to choose if you want to be a runner of course the price should be 20 - 25 worth so you wont see everyone wanting to run around killing zombies outside the cade.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Type: Berg

Description: Increase base damage and set boss to be available at start of wave 3.

Explanation: Since knockdown was decreased, no one sane pickes nerf. Can not even catch anyone pushing out cause you'd just get wrekt before you can kill a single human. Don't increase knockdown again cause jugg players will cry... again. DMG increase will make berg somewhat useful.

Type: Add a log for who purchases from the prop transponder

Description: add a simple log in console on *Player Name * *Steam_ID* has bought *prop name* from the transponder

Explaination: People are getting annoyed by people who buy all the prop just to screw the entire human team. Having a log would make things easier on who is doing it

• Like 1

Type: Chilled Immolator

Description: The snowball needs a nerf in obj or just overall, it's way too fast and the range needs to be shortened.

Explanation: It can fire the snowball so fast and far that they can just freeze the player for eternity, they can also just poke out of a corner each 2 second and just throw a new one. It would be great if it could be disabled on obj or just be nerfed in fire rate and range.

Type: Zombie Team

Description : If someone dies then ragequit spawn a bot to replace him

Expalanation : on human sided maps the zombies tend to quit because of boredom and humans can only kill a few zombies i suggest having +1 bot everytime a zombie quits to make it more fair for the brave zombies that arent quitting the game

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Type: Human Team

Description: Scaling based on zombie count

Explanation: Been playing ZS on this server for awhile, and noticed a lot of balancing being done, but not a lot towards prop health or hammer repair amount. Was thinking that it might be better for larger populations to have a scale system in place for hammer repair amount or even prop health based on how many zombies there are. More zombies = more repair amount/prop health to counteract the amount of zombies hitting the props.

Just food for thought.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Type: 'Obliterator' Minigun

Description: Increase to damage. Slightly increased reload time.

Explanation: For the price and situational nature of the gun, the damage output simply is not adequate. To craft the weapon, T6 guns need to be unlocked, meaning that either 80% of humans have died or the current map is an Objective map. The weapon costs a total of 825 points (non discounted), making it the single most expensive weapon in the game. However, the damage output is noticeably less then the Hurricane, the Minigun having both a slower fire rate and damage per bullet. The damage output of the gun is much more comparable to the Grim, and a player would be much better off sticking with either of the Minigun's predecessors. Moving with the gun equipped slows down the player by a drastic amount, meaning the gun is almost unusable in Objectives where there is little down time, but fine within a T6 cade.

These factors alone provide no incentive for the player to craft the Minigun, never mind the task of actually crafting the gun, which requires the player to drop the Grim or Hurricane. Therefore, the player would need to be isolated or risk another player taking one of their weapons while they are crafting the Minigun.

I believe that the necessary buff is required in the damage per bullet of the gun. The Minigun should have a (noticeably) higher damage than the Hurricane, as its total price is almost double that of the Hurricane. With the Minigun now being the most expensive gun in the game, it should perform at a level that matches this standard. With 200 bullets per reload, the gun should be able to output a very high and sustained level of damage, so to balance this the gun should have a very long reload time (imo up to 10 seconds). The fire rate is acceptable, if the damage of the gun is increased.

TLDR: The idea of a craftable T7 or 'super weapon' is a great concept, but the current implementation of the Minigun is extremely lack luster.