Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Pc Died, Can U Halp?

JJK

PC FIXED, IT WAS MOBO

I went afk in wow to take a nice poo.

PC was off when i stepped back in the room??

No screen, no lights, no fans, no overclock, just nothing.

Previously tried swapping cords, unplugging some and all components, swapped outlet, unplugged cord and cmos for long time, checked connections, checked for damage etc..

EVGA suggested paperclip test, (fan did spin on power supply so its ok?)

CMOS battery is wrapped up and i would have to damage it to give it the ole lick test

Does that mean its time to buy a new mobo?

Thanks for reading :-)

GA-H110N Mini ITX LGA1151

Edited by JJK

If you can turn on your PC, get this https://www.cpuid.co...version-history and run a stress test on your CPU. If your computer crashes or turns off then it I would assume that it is your CPU causing the issues. If it runs fine then it could result in your power supply just shutting down.

Is your PC somewhere where the power supply can get cool air? Or is it in a corner or on carpet?

its a used machine i got 2 months ago. Never had any issues with it at all.

pc was in open area several feet of the ground.

if i remove cpu, i wonder if mobo will do anything

• 4 weeks later...

Also going to say it's most likely the power supply or the motherboard. My bet is on the motherboard considering the power supply fan spun up. Whats your specs? Might want to consider upgrading while your at it

Could be your power supply shutting down, even if the fan is spinning it could still be getting overheated. How many watts is it? Also what is the system configuration of the PC?

MOBO RMA found internal chip dead. Once its back we will see if I get turned on. And after that I will see if the computer gets turned on. heh