Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Duel Monitor Setup Doesn't Work Anymore

XxwonderbredxX

Suhhh dudes.

So, I recently built a new PC, and ever since then I haven't been able to use my second monitor, they both worked for my other pc.

I plugged my main monitor into my 960 HDMI port. and my second monitor I tired to use the HDMI port, VGA port, and the DVI port on my mobo, but none of them worked.

It seems like only the mobo will work or the GPU. Doesn't work with both at the same time.

MOBO :ASUS Z270

GPU: ASUS GTX 960 4GB

Monitor 2: ASUS VS248H-P LCD

and in my NVIDIA Control Panel only displays my main monitor. Even when both are connected.

Any ideas? Thanks!

post-20810-0-58557000-1515961549_thumb.jpg

When using multiple monitors you have to connect them all to the same graphics card, not one to the GPU and the other to the motherboard. Now unless you don't have a dedicated gpu you should never connect your monitors to the motherboard at all.

• Like 1

try switching the cables to see if its a cable that's not working

its probably a bad cable, if thats not the problem try cycling power in ur second monitor. my 144hz asus vg248qe likes to pull the no signal bullshit here and there and that usually fixes it\

and plug all monitors into ur gpu pls

ill try switching out the GPU cable as well as the HDMI cable. and I already made sure that the monitor is set on HDMI 1. if thats what you guys mean about cycling through.

should never connect your monitors to the motherboard at all

Ehhh having intel hd run secondary monitors can help with fps drops if you frequently watch twitch or something on the second screen while gaming (but can cause issues with some shit apps like photoshop miss detecting which card is primary).

Edit:

Nvm, super weird that they both won't work at the same time, maybe make sure you have the latest intel hd drivers installed as windows normally auto installs outdated ones.

Edited by Short
  • Like 1

Ehhh having intel hd run secondary monitors can help with fps drops if you frequently watch twitch or something on the second screen while gaming (but can cause issues with some shit apps like photoshop miss detecting which card is primary).

Edit:

Nvm, super weird that they both won't work at the same time, maybe make sure you have the latest intel hd drivers installed as windows normally auto installs outdated ones.

This FIXED IT! I totally overlooked this! Because I remember always seeing

post-20810-0-67112600-1516140585_thumb.jpg

Thanks Short!

• Like 1