Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Is Your Favorite / Least Favorite Zombie

ValueSensei

As the title says, what is your favorite zombie and why? Also what zombie do you dislike the most? For me my favorite zombie is the Bloated Zombie, because even if you cannot do much damage to a barricade before dying, the poison splash ensures at least a little damage. (Usually about 30, which is better than nothing.)

As for the zombie I dislike the most.. I'd say for me I hate the Chem zombie. I don't know why, because it used to feel more fun and useful.

Anyways, no real reason for this post I guess. I am just genuinely curious! :)

The Nerf was intended to be a replacement and the better version of the Wendigo, even though the Nerf turned out somewhat worse.

To start off, the whole idea of the Wendigo was to punish players running outside of the 'Cade' by using a 'one-hit-stun-attack' to immobilize said player, inflicting small amounts of damage while keeping them down. This was weak however as the Wendigo would struggle against mobs of humans, typically taking heavy amounts of damage and knock back, rarely killing or even hitting humans. Thats why they introduced the new and reworked "chase down" zombie, the Nerf.

However the Nerf made this worse by only having one attack that could knock down players, while it still does the job its generally hard to aim and land hits with the 'Jump' attack, but despite the odd chance you manage to hit someone, they get flung far away and have a chance to escape. To add onto this, it has an extremely long cool-down, if you try to use the primary attack, the base speed slows down essentially defeating the purpose of a "chase down" zombie. And again to add on, it still struggles against hordes of humans and almost plays as more of a Leigion than a Wendigo, flying about instead of running people down.

Hell I think I found a new topic idea.

The Nerf was intended to be a replacement and the better version of the Wendigo, even though the Nerf turned out somewhat worse.

To start off, the whole idea of the Wendigo was to punish players running outside of the 'Cade' by using a 'one-hit-stun-attack' to immobilize said player, inflicting small amounts of damage while keeping them down. This was weak however as the Wendigo would struggle against mobs of humans, typically taking heavy amounts of damage and knock back, rarely killing or even hitting humans. Thats why they introduced the new and reworked "chase down" zombie, the Nerf.

However the Nerf made this worse by only having one attack that could knock down players, while it still does the job its generally hard to aim and land hits with the 'Jump' attack, but despite the odd chance you manage to hit someone, they get flung far away and have a chance to escape. To add onto this, it has an extremely long cool-down, if you try to use the primary attack, the base speed slows down essentially defeating the purpose of a "chase down" zombie. And again to add on, it still struggles against hordes of humans and almost plays as more of a Leigion than a Wendigo, flying about instead of running people down.

Hell I think I found a new topic idea.

This is very true and well written. :) Also that is one of the reasons I posted my topic. I figured it might get people thinking, which helps create ideas and stuff! :D

I've loved the fire headcrab ever since it was added, but before that my favorite was poison headcrab. I loved finding ways to get that little poison ball to arc just perfectly through a huge cade right into someone's head :lol:

As for least favorite... gotta go with chem zombie. With all the new zombies these days, I feel like it no longer serves a real purpose.

I've loved the fire headcrab ever since it was added, but before that my favorite was poison headcrab. I loved finding ways to get that little poison ball to arc just perfectly through a huge cade right into someone's head :lol:

As for least favorite... gotta go with chem zombie. With all the new zombies these days, I feel like it no longer serves a real purpose.

Yeah, I very much suspect it is usually you that hits me directly in the face wherever I hide. :lol: But yeah, this seems like a recurring theme. I feel like the chem zombie needs to be modified so that it still has a purpose.

• 2 weeks later...