Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New Maps Need Supply Crates Added

Disclaimer: I'm no wiz at hammer.

I know this is obvious, but it needs to be said before the list of maps needed to be updated gets even larger. I know the one who needn't be mentioned was the one who did the node placing for supply crates, but is a programmer required for this, or could a mapper do it as well? I may sound ignorant on how easy/hard adding supply crates to maps is, but I really think the supply crate is a great addition for HG, so to not see it on all new maps added bothers me. Thanks.

Basically you have to go map by map and get the coordinates of the supply crate spots and add that to a specific file. I know it took Trazix and HST 5 hours to get the 100 or so maps we had back then done.

This will probably take some time to get done. If anyone is interested in helping we can try and figure something out.

Basically you have to go map by map and get the coordinates of the supply crate spots and add that to a specific file. I know it took Trazix and HST 5 hours to get the 100 or so maps we had back then done.

This will probably take some time to get done. If anyone is interested in helping we can try and figure something out.

I'd be happy to help, I've got experience with both LUA and mapping.

• 3 weeks later...

Could mappers request which specific spots that the supply crate should be placed.

• Like 1

Could mappers request which specific spots that the supply crate should be placed.

Find the spots you prefer if it's your map and try to make the file yourself if you can. I forget the extension you'd have to research it. We have no devs rn to do it and I don't think it'll be hard for a mapper. It has be to be uploaded by an SM anyway.

• Like 1

Find the spots you prefer if it's your map and try to make the file yourself if you can. I forget the extension you'd have to research it. We have no devs rn to do it and I don't think it'll be hard for a mapper. It has be to be uploaded by an SM anyway.

The supply crate positions are set via the bot pathing weapon, anyone with access to this weapon can place the node.