Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How To Fix Jailbreaks Population

Suicide

Let's be honest - most of us founded HG through jailbreak, and it's extremely sad to see it completely dead. Jailbreak is one of the things that made HG what it is today, and with some easy focus and dedication you can easily get this server back on track, if anyone is actually willing to do it.

One of the easiest ways to start to gain a steady population, even if it's 15-20 people a day, is having people idle to get us higher in the rankings and getting people to join. But as it stands right now, the only benefit to idling in the server is gaining free JB rep, however no one wants to idle in a server to gain rep when the server itself is dead anyway, doesn't make much sense.

At this point, it would be logical to start doing some actual giveaways and proper incentives to get people to idle in the server for a vast amount of time. The giveaways don't have to be anything huge, and could be a variety of options, such as: maybe a free gold account to the highest played time of the month, or maybe the developement community can make something that will randomly pick a person from the server to win a free CSGO skin that could be a value of like 10-20$ and it would run like once a week/two weeks/a month. (Maybe contact Homer and ask what he's willing to sponsor to help with population?)

Point is, it needs some out of the box thinking in order to fix the server, or it will stay just the way it is now: dead.

Following up on the first point, in order for continous idling to happen, I think the auto server restart should be turned off/limited to maybe once a week. I know it's detrimental for proper server stability, but hear me out, if the above idea does come into fruition, people aren't gonna want to keep reconnecting when the server auto restarts. I'm not sure if this idea is too possible, because if I recall correctly Thomas made the server auto restart for a good reason, but if it's at all POSSIBLE for it to be turned off, I think it would be for the best. At least for the time being while the population is worked on.

Thirdly, a recommendation current CSGO staff/dL: Focus on jailbreak/TTT only. Take this 1/2 servers at a time, have all your leadership focus on trying to populate those servers, then move on to trying to populate the rest of them. The more people that work on it, the better chance it has to have a playerbase, and the faster it can build a playerbase. It's up to all of you at the end of the day but looking from the outside in and based on experience, this would make more sense.

On-top of all of this, summer vacation is coming up and this is the perfect time to get all of this started. People will be online more than ever and exploring into community servers, let's make it so they find Jailbreak at the time every single time.

I can come up with these ideas for days but I'll just let you guys weigh in to see what ideas you have and what can be done to fix the population.

DONT LET JB DIE!

Edited by Suicide
  • Like 13

If JB was populated I'd probably hop on CSGO everyone once and a while. Looking on the server list to see not only MG dead :( but also JB is pretty sad and there isn't much that is done other than people throwing "pop JB/MG" in the shout box. I know people have lives, but it's not hard to try to come up with ways to populate a server that has been a huge part of HG for a long time especially when it's been dead for a while now.

@Destroyer, events haven't worked in the past. I agree with Sui that the Staff have to put full focus on the server they are trying to repopulate and incentives are needed to motivate players to get on and play.

GMOD has the same issue, we all play ZS but nobody wants to help populate any other server. How many events have we seen for PERP unfortunately fail?

• Like 1

It's going to take more than just an event to fix the population. An event lasts a day, maybe two. We need something long term that's going to help, hence my suggestion in the original post.

Advertisement? Like a legit 30 second video and advertise to join jailbreak with good editing of course. Maybe we can try to figure out how all of our other servers started off in the first place and how it got popular. Like we need something implemented that makes the server unique from other servers like our zs is better than nox cause of unique addons and maps. So maybe the developers and coders are the key factor we need?

Edited by Destroy

@Destroyer, events haven't worked in the past. I agree with Sui that the Staff have to put full focus on the server they are trying to repopulate and incentives are needed to motivate players to get on and play.

GMOD has the same issue, we all play ZS but nobody wants to help populate any other server. How many events have we seen for PERP unfortunately fail?

And the bad part about PERP, is the fact that AFK'ing for population isn't really possible. Unless Kigen adds an AFK option to have you not collect any money after 10 minutes and you can just AFK to boost the population. Feel free to steal that idea for perp 8)

Advertisement? Like a legit 30 second video and advertise to join jailbreak with good editing of course. Maybe we can try to figure out how all of our other servers started off in the first place and how it got popular. Like we need something implemented that makes the server unique from other servers like our zs is better than nox cause of unique addons and maps. So maybe the developers and coders are the key factor we need?

That might help longer term but making our own youtube videos won't help the immediate population.

Maybe if Homer would be down to sponsor a popular CSGO youtuber and get their fanbase to join jailbreak somehow... that'd be an interesting idea.

All this relies on money though. Jailbreak isn't gonna get ANYWHERE with the typical shit we've been doing, such as "population events" and status updates that say "JOIN UP".

• Like 2

Maybe if Homer would be down to sponsor a popular CSGO youtuber and get their fanbase to join jailbreak somehow... that'd be an interesting idea.

All this relies on money though. Jailbreak isn't gonna get ANYWHERE with the typical shit we've been doing, such as "population events" and status updates that say "JOIN UP".

This 100%.

Also same thing with MG, I know this obviously isn't that thread. But all CS:GO servers are dead at this point besides TTT. Money is definitely a factor that needs to come into play.

This 100%.

Also same thing with MG, I know this obviously isn't that thread. But all CS:GO servers are dead at this point besides TTT. Money is definitely a factor that needs to come into play.

Also to add onto this, we need to keep staff and mods on JB asap if we want to revive it, I don't want CS:GO JB becoming CS:S JB.

While I do believe all CSGO servers need attention, they need to be taken one at a time, and I think jailbreak does deserve priority. It's an extremely important aspect to the entire division/community itself.

Staff should also start making mods become a part of this repopulation process. The more people that just idle in the server everyday... the better. You'd be suprised how easy you build a population this way.

• Like 1

While I do believe all CSGO servers need attention, they need to be taken one at a time, and I think jailbreak does deserve priority. It's an extremely important aspect to the entire division/community itself.

Staff should also start making mods become a part of this repopulation process. The more people that just idle in the server everyday... the better. You'd be suprised how easy you build a population this way.

This^ even when I made all the MG mods sit in MG idle we saw more people joining just because the number in the server isn't 0. We need anyone that wants to populate just to make a conscious effort to join in and idle.

I like these ideas. We've been trying the same thing over and over again to revive pop (events, spamming status updates/invites to friends etc) - it's definitely time to think outside the box, it's already been a topic of discussion amongst leadership. We'll discuss these details in more detail in the upcoming leadership meeting.

In the meantime, if anyone has any ideas they feel can revive population, send me a PM on the forums or steam - no idea is a bad idea. Population starts with the community, so I want to hear the community's ideas.

I like these ideas. We've been trying the same thing over and over again to revive pop (events, spamming status updates/invites to friends etc) - it's definitely time to think outside the box, it's already been a topic of discussion amongst leadership. We'll discuss these details in more detail in the upcoming leadership meeting.

In the meantime, if anyone has any ideas they feel can revive population, send me a PM on the forums or steam - no idea is a bad idea. Population starts with the community, so I want to hear the community's ideas.

Best of luck bud, I’ve seen what your capable of so I’m sure you can do it. The quicker you can get started the better as summer is approaching. If you need any help funding some prizes I MIGHT be down, who knows. Hit me up if you need more ideas cause I got plenty of em.

Wow... it’s almost as this guy who made this thread was in leadership before.

Good shit sui!

Oh hey thanks boi.

Best of luck bud, I’ve seen what your capable of so I’m sure you can do it. The quicker you can get started the better as summer is approaching. If you need any help funding some prizes I MIGHT be down, who knows. Hit me up if you need more ideas cause I got plenty of em.

Cheers fam, any more that you have either add them here or send them over in PM, would be good to get the opinion of a past DL

What I’ve heard recently regarding the lack of pop is the lack of map changes. We haven’t had a mapper for a while. Pyrrhic and Thomas can only do so much, a dedicated mapper would do wonders for JB.

Also, the lack of leads. We’ll get pop to a decent bit but it’ll just be the same handful of people who even try to lead. It’s just a wave of apathy. People want jailbreak to come back but there isn’t any tangible effort made to bring it back because they figure “hey, it’s already dead. Whateverâ€

What I’ve heard recently regarding the lack of pop is the lack of map changes. We haven’t had a mapper for a while. Pyrrhic and Thomas can only do so much, a dedicated mapper would do wonders for JB.

Also, the lack of leads. We’ll get pop to a decent bit but it’ll just be the same handful of people who even try to lead. It’s just a wave of apathy. People want jailbreak to come back but there isn’t any tangible effort made to bring it back because they figure “hey, it’s already dead. Whateverâ€

It’s much much more than the map. Once upon a time in CSS we were on the same map without any changes for years but still 60+ players.

The leads could definitely be an aspect of it. But with population comes along good leads.

The best way to support a core player base is to lead a group of fun people committed to playing on a daily basis

Absolutely, Peace.

One of the main reasons why I stayed on jailbreak were the great and funny people who played and just wanted to have fun. We also need to make sure we have our mods on the server trying to pop with all the members and creating a great atmosphere so that people stay and want to comeback.

• Like 1

Absolutely, Peace.

One of the main reasons why I stayed on jailbreak were the great and funny people who played and just wanted to have fun. We also need to make sure we have our mods on the server trying to pop with all the members and creating a great atmosphere so that people stay and want to comeback.

Literally the reason CSS JB was so good and so populated^

This means tarps that are fun for both CTs and Ts and don't feel "cheap" but are rather well executed. It's hard to balance that, I know. More rules need to be enforced in a way that keeps everyone alive and playing, such as making sure no one is shooting into stacks. And I know this is controversial, but mods should be disposable if they aren't focused on populating the server. Giving up is lame. I think there's a populate CSGO JB steam group from a LONG time ago? We should use that like we use the 10man steam group. I know my ideas are radical or controversial and have their cons, but if we advertise the fun that JB can be for all people will grow patience to be freekilled in stack or shot in the foot when they're red.

Edited by jay cee

First off, let me say thank you for taking the time out to make this effort. I have been wanting to post something to this affect for a few weeks now. I too found HG through CSS JB, and it was such a blast. I love that every time I took a 6 month or year long break from the server I could come back and still see decent pop’s and familiar faces.

I’ll add to the idea that players who do want to play JB aren’t becasue when they see that the server has a 0 pop, they play TTT or anoher game. This is true for me. I literally only play TTT out of necessity. I want to play with the HG community, and TTT is the only option now adays. I am a JB type of guy through and through. The only temporary population fix that I have experienced (and not a fun one) is persistence. I have sat in an empty server just running around on CT until another player joins, then you have to hope that they are persistant as well. This cycle continues until players see a small pop and then join. Unfortunately this is not a sustainable solution to our problem.

And, I wouldn’t necessarily agree with Seymour about the map changes. Yes I have heard a few people comlain about map changes, but for me personally I dislike map changes. I like what I know, and when I take long breaks form the server I get discouraged to play becase I have no clue what is going on. This is actually why I stopped playing around christmas time 2 or 3 years ago and took over a year break. I remember all of a sudden a very different map was uploaded that didn’t jive with me. (Offices were added, new deathrun, new kitchen area, heart shaped pool was square for some reason?) haha. It totally threw me off.

I agree with Peacemaker, I have always played for the good times. I want to laugh from funny tarps and orders, hilarious T shenanigins, and absolutly absurd HLDJ/SLAM sound clips and music.

• Like 1

The best way to support a core player base is to lead a group of fun people committed to playing on a daily basis. That attracts random people to the server gradually and brings in more new faces that enjoy playing with each other. Population events are fickle, as a staff member if you really want to repopulate a server, you should treat every day like you're running a server pop event.

Wishing for the best. Hit me up whenever staff is trying to populate the server.

Can't talk about good leads without bringing up this guy ^^^

Maybe I can find some time this summer for some good ol JB, despite working 70 hours a week

• Like 1

I played jailbreak a few months ago. It's hard as fuck to hear orders when you're in a stack of people and everyones knifing. Combine this with the fact that every order has some hidden trap in it means that you're dead early and stuck watching the rest of the round. The traps are probably easier to spot it you're a regular on the server, but for any newcomers they are off-putting. CT's don't like to give the prisoners time to try to figure out an order. If they aren't actively rebelling and trying to figure it out lay off the trigger a little! Focus on making the server fun and not about traps and maybe it'll come back.

• Like 2