Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

When was the last time we had a fireside chat? I feel like it'd be beneficial for CSGO with the point it is currently at to have most members of the division come together and talk about things that are happening within the division. I feel like they used to be helpful around two years ago so imo it'd be a good idea to bring them back.

Doesn't even need to be on teamspeak, could even be just a big forum post that people can reply to.

(Didn't see eddies post rip man)

Edited by Zero Two
  • Like 1

nice job stoopid, once again, fireside chats are useless now unless lots of ideas need to be said.

I mean maybe not a teamspeak talk, but I still think the idea of a fireside forum post would be good, just as something that can run for a long time, so if people have suggestions or questions about things they can just post there, eg days to populate what servers etc

Almost every "recent" fireside chat went the same. Leadership set it up in advance asking people to post on the thread talking points. Little to no good post were made on the thread and nothing came out of the meeting. If thats not gonna change then its useless

There's literally plenty of things to talk about.

Items in TTT; Why is fake body still a thing, stops the game making sense

Why is minigames online and 10 Man Isn't

How to fix the population for Jailbreak and TTT (Most important thing as its leading to summer)

The Mods/Staff's viewpoint on the two servers

Members/recuits viewpoint for the servers

If nothing good came out of it then that means nobody is putting anything INTO it, meaning nobody is at least trying to better the division. If things aren't working, and nobody can dare say that they are, because unless we get on ourselves the populations are straight up dead, then WE are the ones that need to do something about it. I have a lot of things I could personally talk about and I know others do too. Not trying to call you out here but you probably wouldn't know about people's feelings about servers or whatever since I rarely see you talking in the channel I'm in (I always join others) and you haven't been on any CSGO server for legit 2-3 months.

It's never useless to try and get the communities opinion on the servers, rules, plugins, whatever they want to voice, there should be someone to hear it.

We need the CSGO Division to start playing CSGO, just at least for long enough to get the servers up an running. People have lives and shit I get it, but every bit of effort helps.

There's literally plenty of things to talk about.

How to fix the population for Jailbreak and TTT (Most important thing as its leading to summer)

If nothing good came out of it then that means nobody is putting anything INTO it, meaning nobody is at least trying to better the division. If things aren't working, and nobody can dare say that they are, because unless we get on ourselves the populations are straight up dead, then WE are the ones that need to do something about it. I have a lot of things I could personally talk about and I know others do too. Not trying to call you out here but you probably wouldn't know about people's feelings about servers or whatever since I rarely see you talking in the channel I'm in (I always join others) and you haven't been on any CSGO server for legit 2-3 months.

It's never useless to try and get the communities opinion on the servers, rules, plugins, whatever they want to voice, there should be someone to hear it.

We need the CSGO Division to start playing CSGO, just at least for long enough to get the servers up an running. People have lives and shit I get it, but every bit of effort helps.

Did you actually read what i just wrote? I just said we need peoples input, or it will NOT work so if we want a successful fireside people need to be ready with issues. You just repeated what i said but in a longer way... Edited by Elite

Did you actually read what i just wrote? I just said we need peoples input, or it will NOT work so if we want a successful fireside people need to be ready with issues. You just repeated what i said but in a longer way...

Yes I did. You called them useless and that nothing came out of them. I suggested points that could be talked about, meaning if we had one right now then it 100% would have something come out of it. I also said that people in the CSGO division should try to find time to play CSGO, as it isn't hard to get on for even one hour a week.

Your comment basically said "almost nothing good was posted, it was useless". Mine literally stated facts about the current division and its servers, issues that I see with the current community etc.

Of course anything anyone pro-meeting says will include "we need feedback", but there is no reason to call anything people are trying to do to better the community useless, but at the end of the day some things can't be helped. Some people want to see the community do well more than others do, sadly.

Yes I did. You called them useless and that nothing came out of them. I suggested points that could be talked about, meaning if we had one right now then it 100% would have something come out of it. I also said that people in the CSGO division should try to find time to play CSGO, as it isn't hard to get on for even one hour a week.

Your comment basically said "almost nothing good was posted, it was useless". Mine literally stated facts about the current division and its servers, issues that I see with the current community etc.

Of course anything anyone pro-meeting says will include "we need feedback", but there is no reason to call anything people are trying to do to better the community useless, but at the end of the day some things can't be helped. Some people want to see the community do well more than others do, sadly.

Hey friend! If you noticed in my post i stated the past ones were useless (thats true). I also said that if you don't change them, it will be useless. So just to sum it up AGAIN, If you don't change it its gonna be useless, so when you try it again change it. This is pretty clear in the first post i made when i said the first ones were useless and then said "If thats not gonna change then its useless". Just to be even more clear, a new one is not gonna be 100 percent useless, just make some changes and it might work! Edited by Elite

Hey friend!

Y I K E S

Also the idea of the fireside chat isnt an issue. There's nothing about it that we can change except the communities input, which as I'll say again, if we let people know that the higher ups care about their opinions, more and more people will start to say things and then things will run a lot more smoothly and turn to the right direction.

I'm not in this division, but this seems to be getting a bit hostile. Please before replying again, ask yourself the following >

1. Am I being petty, childish, or otherwise annoying?

2. Does my reply contribute to the discussion at all?

3. am I a potato?

If you answered yes, no, and yes, do not respond or I will personally do very bad things to you.

I also said that people in the CSGO division should try to find time to play CSGO, as it isn't hard to get on for even one hour a week.

I agree with what you say about topics being there... But you haven't seen my exams. I have 1000 pages to read and go through and takes a while and I can't game for even a tiny bit because I might lose concentration lol

I agree with what you say about topics being there... But you haven't seen my exams. I have 1000 pages to read and go through and takes a while and I can't game for even a tiny bit because I might lose concentration lol

Yeah I 100% get that, exam season excluded obviously, or anything else that takes up 100% of your concentration irl.

I'm not in this division, but this seems to be getting a bit hostile.

Dw its just Elite being hostile towards me, always does it lmao

3. am I a potato?

But I don't know how Misc will reply to this

I like fire

if we let people know that the higher ups care about their opinion

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your tone, but by this post, I get that the impression is that you feel that this is not the case?

In my humble opinion, and I don't mean this as a slight by any means to former staff/leaders, but I feel the dL's and dS's that we have currently in place are the most approachable and receptive to opinions, changes, and ideas that they have ever been, of course, given that such suggestions are within reason/doable. I've a dinosaur and have been here for a long ass time so I can say that with complete confidence

If you have something in particular in mind or a particular opinion that needs to be heard, go to Pongo or Spawn directly. I can say in complete confidence that they will be able to address any issues you have, or at least point you in the right direction of who you need to talk to. If not, I'll snapchat them my penis, that'll show them.

In general, I don't have anything to add regarding the idea of "fireside chats" that hasn't already been said in this topic or the other one. JarJar pretty much hit the nail on the head, in that when we would have a fireside chat, there would be a few items/announcements from the dL, and 1 or 2 posts of questions that probably could have been answered by just going to leadership, not to mention some former/current members who will remain nameless trolling/earraping/shitposting which makes the meeting devolve and become completely unproductive. The idea in theory is good, the execution of the ones I've attended has not been

As previously said, it seems CSGO staff meetings end with the lobby "opening up" for members, perhaps we could do a better job of publicizing that and an exact time/lobby you can show up in if you'd like to make sure your voice is heard.

This post is half joking since I wanted to keep it lighthearted, but in complete seriousness I'll say again, if there is something, go to them directly, they're good people and your voice WILL be heard, I promise! Not just you, but ANY CS:GO recruit/member!

Edited by S.P.link
  • Like 1

Mind if I address all of these as well?

DISCLAIMER !!! I AM NOT LEADERSHIP !!! DISCLAIMER

1. Perhaps you should suggest this? Looking in the TTT suggestion topic, I don't see anything about this. Post in it and it'll get acknowledged, if not, follow up in a week.

2. Not sure what you mean? 10 man is online.

3. We fix population for both of those servers by getting people on during coordinated times. I've been on a drinking bender lately with a bachelor party weekend, but I am almost always idling JB or idling the JB channel. Poke me if you see me on and I'll hop in with you and screw around. It seems the sweet spots for pop is after 7 PM EST. It also doesn't take much! Talking about JB in particular, you only need around 8-10 people to hop on. The main issue in my opinion is that people seem to be "scared" to lead, which leads to JB falling in pop after the 2 or so leads leave the server. More people should give it a try! Just don't listen to the shitposting that you'll hear, it's normal, they want to kill you, it's part of the game. Just ignore them and if it becomes an issue, let a mod know. They're awesome people too! Just don't cry wolf. If someone is constantly harassing you, regularly, over multiple days, that is definitely a problem and needs to be addressed. Don't come to me if someone calls you stupid, though. It also helps to have a screenshot or demo!

4. I'll speak for leadership in general and say their thoughts on those two servers are "We need to pop them."

5. I'll speak for the membership in general and say their thoughts on those two servers are "We need to pop them."

Edgy comment that was here has been taken out because I changed my mind/phrasing may be taken incorrectly. thanks and have a great day!

Edited by S.P.link
  • Like 1

I get that the impression is that you feel that this is not the case?

I mean myself and several others have talked about things like the fake Body being removed from TTT (as nobody uses it anyway, but because its there people can't use logic to kill). EG 3 people on server, and you see a dead body but can't ID it. You should be able to kill the other person for the fact that you can see a dead body, ID'd or not. This also works for if everyone on the server is dead bar you and the T. You see a dead body with the T standing on it, but you have to walk up and basically bend over for him to kill you because he's above the body.

I'm not saying leadership won't listen, but I feel like even when people say things shit doesn't get changed. I'm not saying here that leadership don't care or whatever, I'm just saying I'd prefer a thread/voice meeting where people reply and ask others opinions for rules to be changed.

not to mention some former/current members who will remain nameless trolling/earraping/shitposting which makes the meeting devolve and become completely unproductive. The idea in theory is good, the execution of the ones I've attended has not been

If this is the case then they should just be banned lmao. Not to be all "anti-fun" or whatever but if you're trolling, shitposting, or especially earraping (pretty sure this is still a ban) during an important meeting then they can either be excluded from this one, banned from future ones or just be given a ban in general.

Hypocritical coming from me cos "I'm still toxic and a troll" etc, I get it, but at the end of the day if people are trolling and earraping, whether on a server or in a meeting, then in my eyes they just shouldn't be welcome to any future meetings because of this.

I get people don't want the teamspeak chats anymore because of things like this or its a waste of time etc, but I still feel a forum post made by leadership for each server every what, couple of months, to talk about the current stage of the server/community wouldn't be a bad thing to do. Any Trolling/shitposting gets deleted/warning points as you would on any other serious posts.

In regards to your next response

I guess saying it in teamspeak isn't the correct way to go about it, as people may just shrug it off and not be inclined to change. (Talked about it earlier but you just made a new post).

10 man was offline yesterday and day before I believe, mb.

And I get that people can jump on whenever and play it, its just I always seem to hear "pop TTT" more than "pop JB", also that apparently we try to pop TTT during the week and JB on weekends, but most of the time I still see people tryna pop TTT and Jar Jar has to keep saying its a weekend to try to make people get on.

I understand with the leading thing, whenever I come to lead I always find too many people rebel. I get that CTs are meant to stop this and that "we're bad CTs if everyone gets away", but either way when half of the low-populated server rebels every round, we either get rounds with 3 T's left a minute in or rounds that Last guard is activated really quickly.

I think thinning the population is too much of an issue too on jailbreak, as people do several tarps in the early time of the round and kill off half the pop before doing any minigames.

I thank you for being "edgy" at the end, since if I said it people would probably take offense lmao. As I've said before, people have lives. People have jobs, exams, whatever happens in the real world. But its evident that some people try more than others, which is fine, its just everyone needs to at least try.

tl;dr

can we have a staff/leadership post every now and then asking for feedback on each server ty