Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Official Ttt Rules Discussion Thread

Currently when someone starts the round as a Detective then turns into a Terrorist player model it is not KOSable. This is 100% a gurantee that the individual is a T because they dice rolled and got the extra Traitor spot. There is no other way possible for a Detective after the start of round starts to turn into a Terrorist player model. This is a rare occurrence but it still happens. When someone rolls the dice they run the risk of rolling extra T and should be killable for doing this.

It could be possible to disable the Detectives ability to become Traitor. The detectives ability to become a T throws off the balance as they are supposed to balance out the Ts, when the detective becomes a T it throws off this balance. As a result it becomes more T-Sided. In my opinion this could be a possible alternative if the Dev Team could do it.

People who don't respond to live-checks using their mics/text chat after like 10 seconds can be KOSed. Responses can be anything, even if it's a single letter in chat. Only detectives can call live-checks, and there can only be 8 or less people "alive" (showing up on the terrorist side of the scoreboard) for anyone to be KOSed.

I love you peacemaker and all but this is a terrible idea. People could be tabbed out. This is just all around a rule that would do nothing but fuck things up. I can see this being so strongly abused all the time.

Edited by Wooodyyy
  • Like 2

Works pretty well in other servers, especially given that there's a mutual understanding that it's fair game to get KOSed off of it. You were untabbed? Tough shit man, that's on you. Go to spec if you're gonna untab for a long time. Also don't see how it could be abused if only a detective can call it.

I mean I'm not gonna go spec if i tab out for 5-10 seconds which is more then enough time to call an alive check. Edited by Weebs.

This TTT is so T sided it's unreal. Innos need to start getting some cards.

None of my suggestions or changes below will cause a measurable increase in RDM. If anything, these rules make being a player more interactive and encourage the use of your head combined with the game, rather than just "oh I saw you shoot so therefore you are a T" and nothing else.

Sauce: am veteran TTT player with almost 2000 hours in the gamemode across GMOD and CSGO, and I've been Admin/Super Admin/Staff/whatever else exists on countless TTT servers/communities centered around it.

Currently when someone starts the round as a Detective then turns into a Terrorist player model it is not KOSable. This is 100% a gurantee that the individual is a T because they dice rolled and got the extra Traitor spot. There is no other way possible for a Detective after the start of round starts to turn into a Terrorist player model. This is a rare occurrence but it still happens. When someone rolls the dice they run the risk of rolling extra T and should be killable for doing this.

Edit to match chains dank color scheme

Negatory, there's maps like Teenroom that make Detective's also have T models, unless it's fixed that on the HG edit.

People who don't respond to live-checks using their mics/text chat after like 10 seconds can be KOSed. Responses can be anything, even if it's a single letter in chat. Only detectives can call live-checks, and there can only be 8 or less people "alive" (showing up on the terrorist side of the scoreboard) for anyone to be KOSed.

This is a wonderful idea.

Additionally, if you know there are x Traitors, and only x people + you respond, that should be treated as "Process of Elimination," and the others may be killed unless you know for a fact they were proven (i.e. by your tazer or the Detective). You may think this might cause RDM, but I can assure you as a TTT Super Admin on one of the more popular servers, it doesn't.

A "live check or KOS" should only be able to be called past 2:00, but a live check would be able to be called at any time. If anyone is tabbed out at 2:00, they deserve to die. You shouldn't have to balance rules around people in the game not playing the game.

s9WR.png

The rule "Calling a KOS on a traitor" to prove your innocence should be expanded to "Calling a KOS," because Traitor's can't call them on your server, and an innocent who is performing a Traitorous act can be KOSd. (Which is very dumb by the way, TTT is a game of deception, always has been, always should be. TTT should not be a game of who has better aim.)

Expand on what defines "Traitor equipment," because there are items on certain maps, and will be items on future maps most likely, that are only found in the traitor room, such as Princess' flamethrower on princesscraft.

I have not played ttt in a minute but if we still gag and mute its probably not a good idea

As I suggested in the TeamSpeak yesterday, implement a radio system similar to the one Garry's Mod TTT has that any player, including those gagged/muted, can use. It is a proven concept on the server I play (and every GMOD TTT server in existence) that works wonders, seeing as how you can get a KOS off with 1 button press rather than a full spoken order. This also enables even muted/gagged players to play the game with some form of communication. You could very easily select "Yes" in the radio menu when a Live Check or KOS is called. Here is an example, and the one we use that our Dev made for us: https://github.com/B...tt/ttt_radio.sp.

Personally, I hate how I can't call a KOS on someone after I hear a body drop in a room with 1 exit, and 1 person walks out. If I walk in and see a body there after hearing shots/a knife and hearing the body drop sound, I should be able to kill that person. There is no room for error unless someone kills a person and leaves the game immediately, which again, rules shouldn't be balanced around such a thing. This never causes RDM on other servers, even on high population days.

Similarly, if I see someone's body drop after hearing someone shoot, and I turn a corner to see both the body and a player(s) running away/making no attempt to ID the body, I should be able to kill the(m), or at least warn them to ID the body if I tell them the body's location, and be able to kill them if, after 3 warnings giving a decent time between warnings. This rule is demonstrated by https://0x0.st/s9WC.mp4 this clip, which on your server was RDM.

s9WF.png

Moving/hiding bodies is a suspicious act. Hiding bodies or throwing bodies to a point where they can not be reached, even if they are IDd, should be a KOSable act as it prevents Detectives from being able to get DNA off of those bodies; something no innocent playing the objective would do, and something a traitor would do.

Detective's should be able to tell a player to freeze if they have an unused zeus on them, and after 3 warnings giving a reasonable amount of time between each of them, the Detective should be able to kill the player if they are not frozen.

Edited by sleepy
  • Like 4

Sleepy you bring up some good points. I agree that running away/hiding bodies should be kos'able, and I will see about moving that over to the traitorous act section.

In terms of the calling the Kos proves your innocence, you made a good point except the rule of any T calling a kos would have to be enforced very well and met with some sort of action after the round.

If you want the radio added you will have to elaborate more on how it works and how it could benefit our servers. In my opinion our Kos system is unique and is what adds to the realism for those players that enjoy that system. Because irl if you were to die by someone they cant convey a message like that. But I'm open for suggestions if you feel that it would truly help.

• Like 1

If you want the radio added you will have to elaborate more on how it works and how it could benefit our servers.

Radio would be a context menu, similar to !shop. Ours currently has two pages with the commands listed here. It allows players without mics to react to situations similarly to how someone with a mic would, and call a KOS just as fast if not faster. Each menu item can be bound to a key using the menuselect command in console.

When you look at a player and select one of the options in the context menu, for example, the KOS option we have (which I have conveniently bound to T), would print "[TTT] [player using the command]: KOS [player being looked at by user]." There are also other options, such as "Yes", which literally just prints "[TTT] [player using the command]: Yes", which I thought would work perfect for those who are muted and gagged to be able to respond to a live check or KOS. It is very easy to put a delay on the command preventing it from being spammed by users who may prove troublesome.

In my opinion our Kos system is unique and is what adds to the realism for those players that enjoy that system. Because irl if you were to die by someone they cant convey a message like that. But I'm open for suggestions if you feel that it would truly help.

You cant use the command when you're dead, obviously, but if you're fast enough to turn around and but your crosshair on them, and have a bind and hit your bind while looking at their hitbox, it would print it to chat. We've never had a very "bullshit" scenario with it, as it actually takes a moderate amount of skill to use if you're being shot, and in the end is the Traitor's fault if they don't kill the innocent using the command fast enough.

Ty for reading and considering it all (:

• Like 2

Jesus I feel bad for the poor fuck who gets gagged/muted. Also rip me who plays with game sound muted sometimes to avoid the cancer.

Personally, I hate how I can't call a KOS on someone after I hear a body drop in a room with 1 exit, and 1 person walks out. If I walk in and see a body there after hearing shots/a knife and hearing the body drop sound, I should be able to kill that person. There is no room for error unless someone kills a person and leaves the game immediately, which again, rules shouldn't be balanced around such a thing. This never causes RDM on other servers, even on high population days.

Similarly, if I see someone's body drop after hearing someone shoot, and I turn a corner to see both the body and a player(s) running away/making no attempt to ID the body, I should be able to kill the(m), or at least warn them to ID the body if I tell them the body's location, and be able to kill them if, after 3 warnings giving a decent time between warnings. This rule is demonstrated by https://0x0.st/s9WC.mp4 this clip, which on your server was RDM.

if we want someone telling me what to do we"ll play some jb.....

wtf should we listen to some other person that tells us to id a body.....

Which is very dumb by the way, TTT is a game of deception, always has been, always should be. TTT should not be a game of who has better aim.)

thats part of the deception, nothing more sweet then to kill a inno next to another inno who is oblivious imo.

if we want someone telling me what to do we"ll play some jb..... wtf should we listen to some other person that tells us to id a body.....

This is a very well formatted and structured arguement. I learned a lot about why my suggestion is bad from a gameplay sense. I respect what you said.

thats part of the deception, nothing more sweet then to kill a inno next to another inno who is oblivious imo.

Im not understanding what you mean by this in context of what you're quoting, elaborate pls.

• Like 1

I feel like the poor balance is in large part due to the traitors having so many plugin based tools to kill as compared to the innocents to defend against them via plugins. Innocents are too easy to kill, this isnt a rule suggestion but it resolves alot of issues without massively changing the basic rules of how our server functions

Inno's are easy to kill. One T, mathematically, is worth 4 innos. However, a good T with GN+ aim and mild gamesense is worth infinite innos kek

I don't think this is due to plugin based tools, it's the lack of tools at the Innos disposal maybe; they can't even buy basic kevlar, but I think this is just CS:GO TTT in general and its weapon mechanics.

Edited by sleepy

• 2 years later...

Let's make THIS a rule because it is absolutely ridiculous.

DO NOT CAMP IN THE BASEMENT OF POOL! It should NOT be allowed for every innocent to just stay in the open room in the basement and wait for the T's to come down and kill them all. If I spend 5 minutes running around the top of the map looking for someone and everyone says, "We're all in the basement stop delaying"? Please make that unacceptable. It is completely unreasonable to expect one T to come down to a basement of like 10 people just camping waiting for a T to come down and kill someone in front of everyone else.