Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ttt_Moonjam Feedback Thread

Hello everyone,

I just released my first ttt map, and I'd like you guys to get a say in the final version.

You can either get the map file from the ttt server of download it here

VWu6XWf.jpg

jaws is gay

The map is based around a basketball court on the moon.

It currently includes:

-3 t traps

-a secret strip club with 3 hidden teleports

-plenty of guns

-balloon jump course

-fully functional basketball court with scoring

-satisfying balloon pops

-a large secret with map ending potential

-slightly difficult jump course along the inside lights

Just be sure to not pick up the cursed negev ;)

iQaUf6S.jpg

I've gotten a little feedback from the first round of the map

The final version will include:

-removal of the tasers placed in the map

-adding a special key to unlock the door that's currently ct only

-less balloons near the moon

-a very difficult bhop/skill jump course

-solid eggplants

-instructions for the t traps

-more obvious markers for the teleport to the strip club

Some potential additions:

-t trap to blow up the rocket and shatter the dome

-reward for completing the jump to the green light

I'll be updating this list as you guys reply to this post, I appreciate every bit of feedback

• Like 1

The dunce cap negev gives the holder collision with other players which is a problem cause you can block people in areas and trap them if they get inside you somehow.

The large amount of glass makes the map pretty Tsided, I don't know if this is something fixable without changing the feel of the whole map. Perhaps it's a fine and interesting dimension of a unique map, but being awped from the moon every round without being able to KOS is kinda frustrating.

If you die outside your gravity remains low when you spawn. I imagine this is because the doors themselves edit your gravity instead of zones, though I'm not a competent enough mapper to know for sure. Perhaps a round starting gravity reset could fix this? Also my immersion is confused as being inside or out shouldn't "Technically" change gravity. Thats more a design choice though.

Other than that I do like the map =)

The dunce cap negev gives the holder collision with other players which is a problem cause you can block people in areas and trap them if they get inside you somehow.

The large amount of glass makes the map pretty Tsided, I don't know if this is something fixable without changing the feel of the whole map. Perhaps it's a fine and interesting dimension of a unique map, but being awped from the moon every round without being able to KOS is kinda frustrating.

If you die outside your gravity remains low when you spawn. I imagine this is because the doors themselves edit your gravity instead of zones, though I'm not a competent enough mapper to know for sure. Perhaps a round starting gravity reset could fix this? Also my immersion is confused as being inside or out shouldn't "Technically" change gravity. Thats more a design choice though.

Other than that I do like the map =)

I believe there's a way to remove the physics of the block I'm using for the negev, I'll have to double check when I'm on later.

Yeah, the glass dome is way too easy to shoot people through. I'll probably just replace it with a solid texture, or make the glass so thick it's impossible to shoot through.

The gravity issue is part of the game. Gravity is considered a global entity, so it's preserved between rounds. I'm gonna try making a trigger to reset the players gravity at the start of the round.

The scientists who made this moon base thought of everything. They wanted to feel more at home while inside the base, so they hired jedis to apply a constant force similar to earth's gravity to anyone that entered the buildings. I'll look into bringing the jedi office above ground so the immersion isn't broken for players.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...