Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Recruits & Above Discussion / Issue Thread

Benz

• Executive Council

So this thread will remain open and pinned. Any person in our division or in hellsgamers period from Registered users to the owner of HG can use this thread to voice opinions, suggestions, discuss anything, get help with anything or bring issues to the table publicly or privately.

We need feedback from everyone in our community and division and value it greatly. Please feel free to use this thread for anything you or anyone needs or wants. Myself as well as mods / staff will be monitoring this. I will also be posting one of these in the general section as well. Please note that there will be no immaturity or disrespect tolerated on this thread. Keep things respectful and professional please.

• Like 6

Why is it in CSS division then. This is a community thing but css specific. What???

Also, why recruit from hg owner

Why not the normal players. Do we not get a say in the community or what since normal players make up most population on the server and I know they have some opinions and valuable statements.

Edited by Boxsnake

• Executive Council

Why is it in CSS division then. This is a community thing but css specific. What???

Also, why recruit from hg owner

Why not the normal players. Do we not get a say in the community or what since normal players make up most population on the server and I know they have some opinions and valuable statements.

If you read the post correctly you will see that I am going to put another thread in a general section for the entire community

• Executive Council

Tell me where it says that cause all you said was it would be remain open and pinned. Open and pinned in css section and also my second question pls

Of course registered users are important to us as well. I have updated the thread post.

Mainly the reason i left was because of college and several other reasons where hg was being legit split apart with another community and the favoritism that goes on in HG in my opinion. I like how the system works though like balance of power. And like there are some people who like “abused†their power and nothing is done about it in any way. And sometimes when people supposedly “abuse†their power doesn’t affect the gameplay in any way but just to have fun with other players and sometimes regular players target those higher ups to remove their power regardless if it affected gameplay at all. So sometimes when those abuse reports come in people who are handling the report are sometimes way to harsh with the punishments in my opinion about it

Edited by Destroy

I feel like CS:S Crackhouse should have limited autosnipers and AWP's for each team. I've heard more and more people complaining (not HG members) in the server because of the amount of people camping with AWP's and autos (primarily on the CT side). I feel if the auto was limited to 1 per team and awp to 2 per team, you would hear a lot less complaining and make the game a bit more fun as a whole. Just my .02 :)

• Like 5

I feel like CS:S Crackhouse should have limited autosnipers and AWP's for each team. I've heard more and more people complaining (not HG members) in the server because of the amount of people camping with AWP's and autos (primarily on the CT side). I feel if the auto was limited to 1 per team and awp to 2 per team, you would hear a lot less complaining and make the game a bit more fun as a whole. Just my .02 :)

Or, add in a script that will increase the number of AWPs depending on the number of players in game, say 1 AWP per team with 5 or fewer people per team. 6-12 per team gets you 2 AWPS per team etc.

• Like 2

Since this is about hg and discussing and suggesting stuff, this will go to Gmod hg zs.

one thing the division could do better is get more dedicated instead of members who act good and get mod cause they like to play 1 map a day. right now we do have 3 active and dedicated mods but 2 who are not which makes me happy and disappointed at the same time , but before that, the only 2 active mods that got on ts, and specifically got in the zombie survival channel, didn't hop on the server and do their job. as a mod, they signed up for that position which means they have to put some time in responsibility in what they signed up for. i wont call out names and stuff, but when they could and have a lot of time free, they played something else, and when they did get on, they stayed on for less than 20 minutes and played some other random shit and what pisses me off is they tell us to get out of the channel when they are supposed to go somewhere else while we were in there for the right reason. This pisses me off since there are a lot more qualified people that sign up for mod that do not get it and some people that get it dont give a shit about what they are supposed to do. In the end what i am saying, hire mods that you know are going to be dedicated and to actually do their damn job since that is what they signed up for.

Since this is about hg and discussing and suggesting stuff, this will go to Gmod hg zs.

one thing the division could do better is get more dedicated instead of members who act good and get mod cause they like to play 1 map a day. right now we do have 3 active and dedicated mods but 2 who are not which makes me happy and disappointed at the same time , but before that, the only 2 active mods that got on ts, and specifically got in the zombie survival channel, didn't hop on the server and do their job. as a mod, they signed up for that position which means they have to put some time in responsibility in what they signed up for. i wont call out names and stuff, but when they could and have a lot of time free, they played something else, and when they did get on, they stayed on for less than 20 minutes and played some other random shit and what pisses me off is they tell us to get out of the channel when they are supposed to go somewhere else while we were in there for the right reason. This pisses me off since there are a lot more qualified people that sign up for mod that do not get it and some people that get it dont give a shit about what they are supposed to do. In the end what i am saying, hire mods that you know are going to be dedicated and to actually do their damn job since that is what they signed up for.

At least i did my job before lol strict asf then became more lineant overtime

Ever try grabbing a mod from another division that has admin on your server? Or a staff from another division? They have Admin privileges in your servers.

• Executive Council

Your feedback has been noted and will be passed on to gmod leadership. Thank you very much for letting us know.

• Like 1

Mainly the reason i left was because of college and several other reasons where hg was being legit split apart with another community and the favoritism that goes on in HG in my opinion. I like how the system works though like balance of power. And like there are some people who like “abused†their power and nothing is done about it in any way. And sometimes when people supposedly “abuse†their power doesn’t affect the gameplay in any way but just to have fun with other players and sometimes regular players target those higher ups to remove their power regardless if it affected gameplay at all. So sometimes when those abuse reports come in people who are handling the report are sometimes way to harsh with the punishments in my opinion about it

if someone abused their power in a fun manner and nobody has a problem with it, it is still considered abuse even though nobody talked it out ingame or on steam. sort of a thin line between fun and well mannered abuse and actual abuse.

personally if someone doesn't say anything about well mannered abuse, I don't really consider it abuse. it is playful and can even help population. some people take it too seriously and make an abuse report, which I feel is pretty stupid if they didn't tell them to stop in-game. if you see something like this, you should pm whoever is reviewing the ban and most of the time it wont be counted as abuse.

this isn't my division, but I can say without a doubt if you are in a public channel they cant tell you to get out unless you are taking up a spot in one of those "table for A-2" channels, or just following them and being annoying.

if they are on teamspeak and not ingame, I don't see a problem with that. their activity is being monitored by leadership and if they are too inactive it will mostly end in demotion. there could be better mods out there, but you shouldn't be so harsh just because they play other games instead of playing gmod for a long period of time per day. they are a person, they play what they want, when they want, and however long they want. they may be inactive, but as stated above, they are being monitored by leadership.

I agree. I think the cs:s division is scared they might lose population, so it is better not to take the risk as most players on crackhouse use awp.

Or, add in a script that will increase the number of AWPs depending on the number of players in game, say 1 AWP per team with 5 or fewer people per team. 6-12 per team gets you 2 AWPS per team etc.

We are looking into it, and if we proceed, then also in what way we will implement it. Thank you for your contribution.

• Like 2

I think that map looks cool. I have personally played on that map on another communities server and think it would be fun. I would definitely like to see this map. maybe we can come up with a list of custom maps to play on. maybe we should get together as division and discuss what custom maps people like???

• Like 1

so I have found two other maps that I think would be cool to have on a custom map rotation. Let me know what you guys think.

Let me know what you guys think about these maps.

https://gamebanana.com/maps/3450

https://gamebanana.com/maps/19527

https://gamebanana.com/maps/201032

Edited by SherlokPwnz
Fixed the link to bottom map. Was taking you to office instead of rats.

• 3 weeks later...

I came up with the idea to put the HeLLsGamers logo somewhere in our css maps. I have seen this done on the new crackhouse, however that is an entirely new map in itself.

Ex:

[spoiler=Crackhouse Screenshot]

ZsCnieT.jpg

I have seen our tf2 servers have the logo such as this one on trade 1, even though this a entirely new map, this is the concept.

Ex:

[spoiler=Trade 1 Screenshot]

hjqxkgY.jpg

It would be awesome to get a .png file of our logo to go in the background or somewhere more visible on the maps we host on our servers. This can help promote our community in a more passive way and makes our servers look more official. Doing this also ensures we keep the traffic of our common players by not creating an entirely new map that needs to be downloaded, however adding a couple picture files. I have seen this done successfully by the group n00bsalad on their dust and office servers.

Edited by Fweakz
  • Like 5