Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Insurgency?

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does anyone have this? Do you play it? If not would you be interested? It is a great game developed in the source engine and is only 9.99 on steam. It's a Modern Combat FPS based in a middle eastern setting. Security Forces vs Insurgents. It has a lot of competitive mechanics and is a very very balanced game. Just want to get peoples thoughts on this.

https://store.steamp...880/Insurgency/

Edited by SherlokPwnz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Insurgency is free on steam if you redeem it today or tomorrow. Get it while it's hot.

We should also start an Insurgency division. The game is popular there are a lot of players who play the game is fully compatible with source mod. I only know all of this because I used to have a server for insurgency a year ago and I had sourcemod running on it.

• Executive Council

We need to add a division for insurgency. This game runs on the source engine and will boost our community very well. The game is very popular and would add alot of members to hellsgamers as well as get more people to get gold accounts! They have awesome skins and much more! Lets make it happen!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I feel like the poll isn't very helpful in this situation. The poll asks if you'd be interested in one, however the main focus of creating a new division should fall under the criteria of Would it be populated and successful (BF1 Division looking at you).

Yeah everyone voting for being interested in a new division is cool, but unless they'd play on the servers, their interest really doesn't mean anything imo.

Another question is where would the funding for the server etc come from.

Theoretically making a new source division could be a cool idea, however I believe the plan would have to be fully fleshed out before talking about its possibility in all seriousness.

I feel like the poll isn't very helpful in this situation. The poll asks if you'd be interested in one, however the main focus of creating a new division should fall under the criteria of Would it be populated and successful (BF1 Division looking at you).

Yeah everyone voting for being interested in a new division is cool, but unless they'd play on the servers, their interest really doesn't mean anything imo.

Another question is where would the funding for the server etc come from.

Theoretically making a new source division could be a cool idea, however I believe the plan would have to be fully fleshed out before talking about its possibility in all seriousness.

We already have like 7 Servers for CS:S and mainly only 3 at most that i see even populated so why not swap one of them out for insurgency?

Charlie, sounds to me like you didn't read the poll very well. It was a question of Interest not a question of what would it take to make it happen. I value your opinion and if you have valuable feedback I would never shut you out on posting it but you are just so negative and anti idea over something that wasn't asked. I have already discussed with someone on some of the finer details.

Charlie, sounds to me like you didn't read the poll very well. It was a question of Interest not a question of what would it take to make it happen. I value your opinion and if you have valuable feedback I would never shut you out on posting it but you are just so negative and anti idea over something that wasn't asked. I have already discussed with someone on some of the finer details.

I understand this, and I apologise if it seems I am seeming overly negative.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

oh boy! An Insurgency division would be nuts! Insurgency is a really great game, even though like all others, it has its major flaws. It's a lot of fun in terms of gameplay, even though it's heavily strategy and team-based. The 2 modes of multiplayer and co-op is fun, and that's kind of what brings out the game. I personally play the co-op game mode just because it's fun, plus it's how I help my friends learn the game and for me to memorize locations on maps, since I used to play in the test phase for the competitive game mode that is now in Insurgency Sandstorm. The new Insurgency is a lot more fun, but the classic will always remain as the best, since it's way easier to run, and already has a huge community that has backed it up since the original HL2 mod, along with a beautiful collection of mods in the workshop (Kinda turned it into CS:GO at one point. :D).

Edited by IronCladRelic