Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Trade 2 Uber Room Ideas Request

Misc2008

My idea:

A bumper cart stadium. Where once you teleport into it you are automatically forced into a kart and will be in there for 5 minutes unless they go out the exit.

Reasoning for some parts:

-Bumper cart stadium because it's normally VIP, and in there you are in a cart whether VIP or not.

-VIP+ must be restricted to not be able to leave their cart in order to prevent killing.

-Anyone not in a cart should be auto slayed also in order to prevent killing.

-The limit whether they are moving or not in the stadium for 5 minutes is to reduce server lag and also to prevent the AFK kicker from spamming the chat.

-There should be an exit just in case someone is wanting to leave before the 5 minutes.

Map:

Any relatively flat, farm-like, or race track terrain.

Possibly even the Halloween Bumper Cart Event with Merasmus. (Without Merasmus please, lol.)

Edited by Admiral MacK

My idea:

A bumper cart stadium. Where once you teleport into it you are automatically forced into a kart and will be in there for 5 minutes unless they go out the exit.

-Bumper cart stadium because it's normally VIP, and in there you are in a cart whether VIP or not.

-VIP+ must be restricted to not be able to leave their cart in order to prevent killing.

-The limit whether they are moving or not in the stadium for 5 minutes is to reduce server lag and also to prevent the AFK kicker from spamming the chat.

-There should be an exit just in case someone is wanting to leave before the 5 minutes.

Map:

Possibly even the Halloween Bumper Cart Event with Merasmus. (Without Merasmus please, lol.)

Ah, that's two things for me to re-code :/

My idea:

Map:

seems more coding wise than mapping.

also, if a vip unkarts, it wont matter. (it is an uber room, nobody can die. just need to worry about airblasting)

will most likely add this though. thanks for the idea! (ill make sure to add your name somewhere in the kart area if it is approved)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

make the rock on trade 2 as an entrance to the snow area not so blocky so it can be more easily accessed. It is hard to get to the health pack with jet pack and grapple, and the corner next to the portal gives incentive to walk near the portal to get to the back, which causes portal glitching. I have been "lucky" enough to have this happen quite a few times to me, actually. Also, add some sort of small "box" that is a little bump (or small gap/pit) in front of the portals to make it so that you cant place sentries, dispencers, ect. in front of it to portal glitch. The nether portal las this small porch in front of it that is hard to get up and get the health pack, as jumping and going around to the stairs rather suck, the clipping there is rather harsh, so there should be stairs surrounding it to make it less of a hassle to get the small health pack and the small ammo. The dark room in the pyro house is extremely one sided. I also ask for a "friendly" area, a place where no weapons are allowed and they can either afk or just dance around if they wish.

Edited by MrPsyzen

make the rock on trade 2 as an entrance to the snow area not so blocky so it can be more easily accessed. It is hard to get to the health pack with jet pack and grapple, and the corner next to the portal gives incentive to walk near the portal to get to the back, which causes portal glitching. I have been "lucky" enough to have this happen quite a few times to me, actually. Also, add some sort of small "box" that is a little bump (or small gap/pit) in front of the portals to make it so that you cant place sentries, dispencers, ect. in front of it to portal glitch. The nether portal las this small porch in front of it that is hard to get up and get the health pack, as jumping and going around to the stairs rather suck, the clipping there is rather harsh, so there should be stairs surrounding it to make it less of a hassle to get the small health pack and the small ammo. The dark room in the pyro house is extremely one sided. I also ask for a "friendly" area, a place where no weapons are allowed and they can either afk or just dance around if they wish.

I can make the snow biome entrance portal easier to get to, but the nether portal entrance will stay the same.

you don't have to worry about buildings anymore. I put a trigger_nobuild in each teleport destination so people cant portal glitch with buildings anymore.

the dark room is mainly supposed to be a 1 sided boring area. I added a red light in it so people can see sentries and the bar (it was supposed to actually be a bar but the textures got fucked up)

friendly area is already made in the new map as well :--)

ok. The problem I have with the dark room is it is a space that is almost unconquerable, because the only way in is to place a telly inside, and the only ways to stop them from going in are destroying their tellys, camping them, or destroying the telly in their spawn. Godmode doesn't help shit, nor does homing rockets or infinite projectiles. Toxic won't help because it cant kill sentries or tellys. I just want this place to have some balance, in some way...

ok. The problem I have with the dark room is it is a space that is almost unconquerable, because the only way in is to place a telly inside, and the only ways to stop them from going in are destroying their tellys, camping them, or destroying the telly in their spawn. Godmode doesn't help shit, nor does homing rockets or infinite projectiles. Toxic won't help because it cant kill sentries or tellys. I just want this place to have some balance, in some way...

I don't think the area was supposed to have people in it in the first place. the unbalanced feel is sort of what makes it popular, and can easily be avoided.

also, good counter is tiny spy.

I don't think the area was supposed to have people in it in the first place. the unbalanced feel is sort of what makes it popular, and can easily be avoided.

also, good counter is tiny spy.

Not exactly, as sentries all have extreme accuracy and cannot miss you except for with their rockets, and there are usually 2-3 engies in that room at a time, with enough tellys and sentries and dispencers that you couldn't even take down more than 1 engies' stuff.

Oh, and I also have a request based on the grounds of sentries. Sentries are too overpowered. Their health needs to be easier to take away, as it is extremely difficult to kill them compared to anything else. No crits or mini crits effect them. They can kill you in 1 second (for lvl 3) and have perfect accuracy. The sentries are stupid to put down, and it takes too many hits to destroy them. Mini sentries are the real problem. Slap 'em down and in 2 seconds they are completely put up. They are absurdly annoying, and with their builder around spraying at you with all crit shotgun, which can kill a heavy in 2 hits, it is damn near evil.

Oh, and I also have a request based on the grounds of sentries. Sentries are too overpowered. Their health needs to be easier to take away, as it is extremely difficult to kill them compared to anything else. No crits or mini crits effect them. They can kill you in 1 second (for lvl 3) and have perfect accuracy. The sentries are stupid to put down, and it takes too many hits to destroy them. Mini sentries are the real problem. Slap 'em down and in 2 seconds they are completely put up. They are absurdly annoying, and with their builder around spraying at you with all crit shotgun, which can kill a heavy in 2 hits, it is damn near evil.

That's more a TF2 issue than uber room...

• Like 1

Put a framed picture of misc's profile picture for the forums on the wall.

OR....

A special area that only staff+ can access. However, they could let others in via tele. There could be a little hole for staff to go through (with resize) and get into the room but it would still be part of the uber room (like a jail cell idk).

OR...

A Meramus hammer in the room at the back with like a pressure pad you hit to activate it.