Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

John Mccain Dies

Alienware

It's in the title, really.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/25/obituaries/john-mccain-dead.html

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/25/john-mccain-obituary-legacy-297689

McCain's family had announced that they were halting his cancer treatment just a day ago, but I wasn't expecting him to pass this soon. Cancer moves a heck of a lot faster than you expect sometimes. Cancer's a jerk like that.

Now, I know he was a Warhawk. I know he was a Republican. But he was a rare specimen of a dying breed, the last of his kind; a Republican with principles. They do not make Republicans like John McCain anymore and I doubt they ever will again.

• Like 6

While I agree with 99% of what you said the 1% disagreeance I have has to do with what you said about a republican with principles. The guy was a sellout to the highest bidder at times. but make no mistake, he was a good senator compared to what we have now. A loss to the political world for sure.

I do not think he was a sell out, experience leads people to a change of heart, nothing wrong with that. I didn't vote for him, but I still honor him and his family for the sacrifices he made.

This.

Speaking from direct experience, the Senator was a very good man and is a huge loss to the United States and his constituents.

• Like 3